*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

55 minutes ago, Zkhaev said:

So are these 3 games on the current list the ones that don't install the patches? What about the other games that were listed but removed/updated?

Games have been tested and are fine, some have patched them while others have no patch.
Games on the list currently have issues

9 hours ago, black__bunny said:

If Hitman:Absolution servers closed already, would that mean being unable to download it's patch wont affect the trophies as its all offline now?

No. If I remember right, the patch fixed some file corruption issues that wiped a lot of saves back in the day.

EDIT: The EU version of Gran Turismo 5 belongs on the list, because you can't get any patches for it at the moment :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No. If I remember right, the patch fixed some file corruption issues that wiped a lot of saves back in the day.

EDIT: The EU version of Gran Turismo 5 belongs on the list, because you can't get any patches for it at the moment :(.

Regarding Hitman: Absolution, I don’t think the platinum is obtainable on the PS3 anymore. no idea about the PS4 version.

10 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

So is it just that some specific PS3 games just aren't able to install update data for whatever reason or will every PS3 game no longer be possible to update when the PlayStation Store closes?

It's just specific EU games that are affected but no-one knows why.

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 has no trophies but there was a patch to remove the online but also add trophies later.

I wonder if that still works.

The retail re-release of the game has the 2.00 patch on the disc so even if the update fails to download for the original release, you're not screwed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, p9ul said:

Dark Void.

I've had this game on disc for ages and barely played it - thought I'd nab the DLC while its still available. The game tries to update but then it reboots the console.

That's an old glitch which has been around since launch but is very fixable, just boot-up the game then let it sit on the patch notification screen until the Hard Drive light stops flashing. Once the light stops flashing, press X to start the download.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's an old glitch which has been around since launch but is very fixable, just boot-up the game then let it sit on the patch notification screen until the Hard Drive light stops flashing. Once the light stops flashing, press X to start the download.

Thank God. I still have dark void in my backlog and just purchased the DLC before the store shuts down. Would have been a punch in the face if you wouldn't be able to update it and therefore probably also not being able to launch the DLC. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Thank God. I still have dark void in my backlog and just purchased the DLC before the store shuts down. Would have been a punch in the face if you wouldn't be able to update it and therefore probably also not being able to launch the DLC. 

No problem :). The same trick works with Just Cause 2, since that has the same problem for some people.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, HuntingFever said:

Thankfully, I switched my PS3 on yesterday and got a notification that the patch had been installed overnight.

Looks like Dark Void needn't be on the list afterall.