*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I got no patch for Jet Set Radio on the PS3. I don't know if that came with a patch or not.

If you are talking about the US version (not sure about other regions), then yes it did get one.

Here are the patch notes.

- Improved performance (Both versions)
- Fixed game freezes after long play sessions (Vita)
- Drawing distance has been doubled (Vita)
- Shorter loading times (Both versions)
- Fixed several little visual and performance issues (Both versions)
- Now it's possible to repeat a level just after clearing it (Both versions)
- Improved image import, solving errors and adding more compatible image formats.
- Saves can now be shared between PS3 and Vita, including progress and scores. Only on the first save slot however.

1 minute ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

If you are talking about the US version (not sure about other regions), then yes it did get one.

Here are the patch notes.

- Improved performance (Both versions)
- Fixed game freezes after long play sessions (Vita)
- Drawing distance has been doubled (Vita)
- Shorter loading times (Both versions)
- Fixed several little visual and performance issues (Both versions)
- Now it's possible to repeat a level just after clearing it (Both versions)
- Improved image import, solving errors and adding more compatible image formats.
- Saves can now be shared between PS3 and Vita, including progress and scores. Only on the first save slot however.

So it's been confirmed that there is a patch file for it on the OP of this thread, but I cannot access it. Crap.

You can autopop the trophies by transferring the saves between the PS3 and Vita versions. Other games like Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater work in the same fashion.

23 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I think my plan might work if the PS3 updates by the disk and not the ip for the PS3 for Castlevania PAL. Could anyone give me an idea if that logic is sound?

The PAL version of Castlevania has a different serial, and therefore searches for a different patch. Think about it this way: game BLUS-30339 needs a patch. If you install a patch for game BLES-01047, that doesn't do anything for game BLUS-30339.

They use the same trophy list, but do not have the same serial, so they cannot use the same patch.

4 minutes ago, Shintetsuken said:

The PAL version of Castlevania has a different serial, and therefore searches for a different patch. Think about it this way: game BLUS-30339 needs a patch. If you install a patch for game BLES-01047, that doesn't do anything for game BLUS-30339.

They use the same trophy list, but do not have the same serial, so they cannot use the same patch.

I’m buying the pal version so that should work right? They share a list. Does it matter if I am not physically in that other region?

Edited by VoidVictorious

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

I’m buying the pal version so that should work right? They share a list. Does it matter if I am not physically in that other region?

The PAL version of the game will only work with the PAL DLC (which you will need to buy from the PAL store: you will need a PAL account to buy it, but a NA account on the same system should still be able to play it). You do not need to be in that region physically.

In other words, the 100% is still available for the PAL version of Lords of Shadow (BLES-01047), but not the NA versions (BLUS-30339 and BLUS-31382), unless the NA patch comes back.

3 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:
4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Has anyone with access checked the versions on PSNow? I know Castlevania LOS is on there. 

I asked about this yesterday and somebody told me that the PSNow version does not have the DLC. I have the free month so I should probably just check it myself too but that's what I've heard so far.

1 minute ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I asked about this yesterday and somebody told me that the PSNow version does not have the DLC. I have the free month so I should probably just check it myself too but that's what I've heard so far.

Can you not access your PS3 DLC for a PSNow game. I know you can do it with the PS4 games. Maybe check the XMB when your playing Castlevania LOS. 

1 minute ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Can you not access your PS3 DLC for a PSNow game. I know you can do it with the PS4 games. Maybe check the XMB when your playing Castlevania LOS. 

I had no clue that PSNow could tap into your PS3 purchases like that. I'm going to take my PS3 save file tonight and test that out.

10 minutes ago, Shintetsuken said:

The PAL version of the game will only work with the PAL DLC (which you will need to buy from the PAL store: you will need a PAL account to buy it, but a NA account on the same system should still be able to play it). You do not need to be in that region physically.

In other words, the 100% is still available for the PAL version of Lords of Shadow (BLES-01047), but not the NA versions (BLUS-30339 and BLUS-31382), unless the NA patch comes back.

So if I buy the UK dlc I am good, right?

28 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I had no clue that PSNow could tap into your PS3 purchases like that. I'm going to take my PS3 save file tonight and test that out.

It can't, your owned DLC for streamed games doesn't work. Only Downloaded. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

One man’s take. I’m sure many have seen this already but those who have missed it...

He mentioned the traction others are seeing on this thread and site. 

Edited by MrTrofyHunter
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, SairoTaigar-Z said:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/mpb7ef/ps3_game_patches_have_reportedly_started/

Some people on this reddit are saying it's an old bug and updates eventually came back.

I don't know if it's true or if it will be the same situation.

I chuckled at this comment in response to the fact something similar has happened before.

" It's like herpes it flairs up from time to time."

• Like 1

Could anyone please confirm if any of these US discs can update or not

• Dead Space (1-3)
  • Dragon Age: Origins: The Ultimate Edition
  • DuckTales: Remastered
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game Of The Year Edition
  • Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two
  • F.E.A.R (1-3)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (1-3)
  • Heavenly Sword
  • King Of Fighters XIII
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  • Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
  • Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
  • Orange Box
  • Portal 2
  • Prince Of Persia Trilogy
  • Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Puppeteer
  • Ratchet & Clank Collection
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty (PAL Disc)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
  • Rayman Origins
  • Silent Hill HD Collection
  • Sly Collection
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
  • Starhawk
  • Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy
  • Transformers: War For Cybertron
  • Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

One man’s take. I’m sure many have seen this already but those who have missed it...

He mentioned the traction others are seeing on this thread and site. 

More salt in the fucking wound.

I fucking hate Jim Ryan at this point. Then again, who doesn’t on this website?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, OS-Tron_2 said:

Could anyone please confirm if any of these US discs can update or not

If you looked at OP's post, you would know the answer to that.

But no, none of those games are affected. Some of the games on your list don't even have patches to being with.

2 minutes ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

If you looked at OP's post, you would know the answer to that.

But no, none of those games are affected. Some of the games on your list don't even have patches to being with.

I did not see OP's post, could you please link me?