*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

8 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:
8 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Just tried both Socom Special Forces (UK Disc) and Socom 4 (US Disc) on another system and neither are updating still. 

Confirmed that Socom 4: US Navy SEALS (US, Disc) still has not updated.  

4 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Not all of them. Socom Special Forces is NOT updating.... neither is Socom 4.

GT5 is currently as I'm adding them to a 3rd system. 

Did the digital versions of Ghost of Sparta/Chains of Olympus on ps3 ever get an update?? Because just checked those and nothing 

No only GOW1 and 2 but it was only for Remote Play on PSP/Vita, IIRC...

Edited by Lance_87

15 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Good.

Could someone please try the first MotorStorm game? Although it used a more archaic updating method. 

Can confirm it's not updating. Guess as it was tied to the servers which are long gone. 

Should think Resistance 1 is the same.

I feel like this detail has gotten lost in the mass, but I've tried pointing out before that I don't think the issue with flOw is one of "it can't find the patch" so much as all we can download from the store is the glitched free version that is intrinsically unable to be patched due to an internal coding error. Using the physical disc installer and then trying to update works fine, it's only when trying to update with the version we can currently download from psn store that it fails to update. This is an issue that dates back some years to when the game was briefly available for free on valentine's day or something.

(also I too am doing the Lords of Shadow 1.03 success happy dance!)

Looks like nearly all the games are now back up. The only exceptions are Dirt 2 (JP), Fuel (JP), Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (JP), and SOCOM 4/Special Forces (All versions). I think these games were missing updates even before the recent incident though. They may even have been taken down deliberately, so I'm not really expecting them to ever come back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chiba0022 said:

Looks like nearly all the games are now back up. The only exceptions are Dirt 2 (JP), Fuel (JP), Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (JP), and SOCOM 4/Special Forces (All versions). I think these games were missing updates even before the recent incident though. They may even have been taken down deliberately, so I'm not really expecting them to ever come back.

Must be a server glitch.  Something similar happened and this was in June 2020 when any games published by Sony was gone temporarily for while.

For MotorStorm, the servers for updates were still working as of a few years ago.

They had some funky way of doing it if you had DLC for it: you had to start the game without the add-ons installed, go to whatever the online section was to update, then download the add-ons after.  If you had any DLC installed and tried to update, it would fail.

If anyone has the game without any add-ons, could you try to download the 1.2 server patch in-game?

14 minutes ago, goodSuM said:

For MotorStorm, the servers for updates were still working as of a few years ago.

They had some funky way of doing it if you had DLC for it: you had to start the game without the add-ons installed, go to whatever the online section was to update, then download the add-ons after.  If you had any DLC installed and tried to update, it would fail.

If anyone has the game without any add-ons, could you try to download the 1.2 server patch in-game?

That's what I tried and it never found a update. 

And regarding Socom 4/Special Forces. Any dlc was online only and those servers was switched off back in January 2014. So it will never be platinum trophy if you haven't done the online trophies. 

Edited by PNMotorsportUK

5 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Yesterday I went rage on PlayStation on Twitter & I sent them this thread to let them see how hard work you put in theses games patches ??Cheers ? happy that’s happening.

I've been raging at Sony in general at there lack of care for the legacy consoles and games. 

A lot of patches fixed bugs, game breaking or console freezing bugs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

I've been raging at Sony in general at there lack of care for the legacy consoles and games. 

A lot of patches fixed bugs, game breaking or console freezing bugs. 

Yeah , no smooth way anymore. It’s blood I have to drink it seems.

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I just bought GoW saga, apparently the copy I bought was made in 2018.

Just to make sure, no patch is needed to play / unlock all trophies right?

There are patches but I don't know what they do:

God of War Saga - BCUS 90528 - 1/2: v1.01, 3: v1.03

It had Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta as download code. Unless there's another version with everything on disc, bcs I remember buying it like 8 years ago.

16 minutes ago, Cloud_SOLDAT said:

There are patches but I don't know what they do:

God of War Saga - BCUS 90528 - 1/2: v1.01, 3: v1.03

It had Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta as download code. Unless there's another version with everything on disc, bcs I remember buying it like 8 years ago.

Updating my games as we speak. God of War Collection (1/2) updated to version 1.01 which adds Vita Remote Play according to the patch notes. God of War III updated but no patch notes so I'm not sure what that adds. 

36 minutes ago, HOJU99 said:

Does Dantes inferno Digital version come with update?U.S version

On PS3 digital downloads don't come with patches, so you have to download the game AND download the patch if one is available. It's a tedious mess.

Edited by Faenix1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Can confirm it's not updating. Guess as it was tied to the servers which are long gone. 

Should think Resistance 1 is the same.

No the MS updates were restored some time after the multiplayer closure. They were working as of last summer but not anymore. If someone wants the R1 updates they should buy the EU digital edition before the closure.

GT5 Prologue had the same issue but Platinum discs have the Spec III update.

1 hour ago, NinjaKlown17 said:

If you read a little further through the thread, you would've seen that I confirmed the DLC functional.

Well EXCUSE ME for not wanting to read through several walls of text and for simply trying to help someone.

24 minutes ago, Faenix1 said:

On PS3 digital downloads don't come with patches, so you have to download the game AND download the patch if one is available. It's a tedious mess.

Some digital games come pre-patched AFAIK, i.e. their downloads are already v1.0x or whatever.

Edited by Lance_87

I was unable to update these games for the past few days but I was able to do so today:

- Zombie Driver HD (patch 1.01) EU Digital

- Metal Slug 3 (patch 1.01) US Digital

- Street Fighter 3rd strike Online edition (patch 1.03) US Digital

I haven't tested my physical collection, as I have a back-up PS3 with a new HDD and need to install my games on it and update them, but it's over 170 games and don't have the time to check for that right now.