*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

Just now, Curat0r_Cyph3r said:

Mine keeps crashing. My drive's clean since I've already downloaded every update I can. I've also tried resetting the connection and disabling 2FA.

How about trying this -> delete/clear all/any MGS4 game data from your PS3, and once that's done, put the disc inside and then choose the option to download the game to your HDD. After the game is downloaded, then try seeing if you can download the 2.00 patch.

2 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

How about trying this -> delete/clear all/any MGS4 game data from your PS3, and once that's done, put the disc inside and then choose the option to download the game to your HDD. After the game is downloaded, then try seeing if you can download the 2.00 patch.

Trying that now.

4 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

It worked. Thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

Finally, I own the NA version of MGS Legacy Collection, but it's sealed and haven't opened it to test if it gets the 2.00 update.

I tested the Legacy Collection disc today since I recently opened it up to get the PS1 games out of it. The MGS4 disc there didn't prompt for an update. The Greatest Hits version that I have (BLUS30109GHL) did prompt the update for version 2.00 though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curat0r_Cyph3r said:

EU copy as well. It's a 1.01 update.

Does Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom have an update?

Also, I'm been trying to download the MGS4 2.0 update patch for awhile now, but it always crashes. Can anyone test out their copies? I have the EU version if anyone's wondering.

No Oblivion patch here, unless the Platinum disc is pre-patched.

On 4/13/2021 at 5:35 PM, I000_NeedIes said:

For LEGO Lord of the Rings (NA Disc), when I search it simply says "The latest version is installed" although I don't have the latest patch installed. I have Version 1.02 installed on a second console.

For LEGO The Hobbit (NA Disc), when I search it says Version 1.02 has been found, but I get "An error occurred during the download operation. (800233EC)" and I'm not able to download the patch.

LEGO LotR is definitely pulling the update today. Grab it while you can.

• Like 1

Games that I have with updates (Check those games for patches whenever it's possible):

- Adventure Time: ETDBIDK (BLES-01961)

- Assassin's Creed (BLES-00158)

- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (BLES-01884)

- Assassin's Creed: Rogue (BLES-02062)

- Batman Arkham City (BLES-00926)

- Batman Arkham Origins (BLES-01784)

- Bionic Commando (BLES-00465)

- Brutal Legend (BLES-00562)

- Castlevania: LOS (BLES-01047)

- Castlevania: LOS 2 (BLES-01644)

- Dead Rising 2 (BLES-00948)

- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (BLUS-30763)

- Dragon Age Origins (BLES-00699)

- Dragon Age II (BLES-01084)

- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (BLES-01794)

- Driver San Francisco: Essentials (BLES-00891/E)

- Dungeon Siege III (BLES-001161) (Downloaded patch BEFORE DLC)

- Escape Dead Island (BLES-02026)

- InFamous 2 (BCES-001143)

- Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (BLES-01251)

- L.A. Noire (BLES-00933)

- Mafia II (BLES-00955)

- Max Payne 3 (BLUS-30557)

- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (BLES-00323)

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (BLES-01750)

- Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (BLUS-30847/L)

- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (BLES-00246)

- Prince of Persia (PoP 4) (BLES-00389)

- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (BLES-00893)

- Prototype (BLES-00269)

- Red Dead Redemption (BLES-00680)

- Red Faction Guerilla (BLES-00592)

- Red Faction Armageddon (BLES-00991)

- Risen 2: Dark Waters (BLES-01398)

- Sacred 2 (BLES-00410)

- Sacred 3 (BLES-01492)

- Saints Row 2 (BLES-00373)

- Saints Row The Third (BLES-01342)

- Saints Row IV (BLES-01889)

- Shaun White Snowboarding (BLES-00403)

- Skate 2 (BLES-00461)

- Skate 3 (BLES-00760) (Same as Essentials)

- Sleeping Dogs (BLES-01661)

- SSX 2012 (BLES-01437)

- Starhawk (BCES-00907)

- Test Drive: Unlimited 2 (BLES-00884)

- The Amazing Spider-Man (BLES-01547)

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY (BLES-00163/P) (Some people are reporting this as pre-patched. So, I may be wrong about it containing a patch.)

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (BLES-01329) (If this patch goes. No DLC will work and the game will be super buggy.)

- The Godfather II (BLES-00477)

- The Incredible Hulk (BLES-00289)

- Two Worlds II (BLES-00845)

- Vin Diesel: Wheelman (BLES-00557)

- Viking: Battle for Asgard (BLES-00242)

- White Knight Chronicles II (Disc that includes WKC Remastered) (BCES-01085)

Games that I have checked that have either no/missing updates:

- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (BLES-02063)

- Batman Arkham Asylum (BLES-00503)

- Fuel (BLES-00570)

- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (BLES-00424)

- InFamous (BCES-00609/P)

- Prototype 2 (BLES-01532)

- Shaun White Skateboarding (BLES-01004)

- Skate (BLES-00124)

- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (BCES-01284)

- Spider-Man 3 (BLES-00056)

- The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (BCES-01325)

- The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (BLES-00998)

- The Sabotuer (BLES-00743)

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (NTSC(?)-2100690)

- Tony Hawk's Project 8 (BLES-00014)

- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (BLES-00130)

- Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (BLES-00019)

Edited by Curat0r_Cyph3r

Finally decided to test out most of the games I have on my PS3 backlog I still need to play, which thankfully is pretty manageable.

- Duke Nukem Forever. Downloaded update 1.03. Installed and includes the Dr Proton DLC, which will be gone after the store closure.

- Crazy Taxi. No patch available or was never added.

- Sonic Adventure. NA version off the PSN Store. On version 1.01. Includes the DLC.

- Sonic Adventure 2. NA version off the PSN Store. On version 1.00. Includes the DLC. I don't know if this ever had a patch.

- Sonic Unleashed. Retail copy. No patch available or was never added. Tested this game out on an alt, so this game should be safe.

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Digital copy. On version 1.02. The Yokozuna trophy must be done legit on version 1.02. Without the patch you can use the exploit to get the trophy easily by just playing Sunshine Tour and beating the Expert Ghost. Need a confirmation to know if the patch files still come up since I downloaded this game several months ago.

- Jet Set Radio. There is a patch for this game but my PS3 console didn't download it. Will try again later.

- Sam and Max. No patches for either TellTale episodic games (Beyond Space & Time and The Devil's Playhouse).

- Enslaved Odyssey to the West. Premium Edition. On version 1.00. Includes the DLC. I don't think the Premium Edition ever had a patch.

- Super Stardust HD. Version 6.00. Includes the DLC.

- Final Fight: Double Impact. Version 1.00. Never came with a patch. Requires your console to be online to play.

- From Dust. Version 1.00. Need confirmation on this.

- Mighty No 9. Version 1.00. Need confirmation on this.

- King Oddball. Version 1.00. Don't think this came with a patch.

- Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Version 1.00. Never came with a patch. Includes the DLC.

- NiGHTs into dreams. Version 1.01. Properly working and patch file successfully came up.

- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS 2, MGS 3 and MGS Peace Walker). Retail copy. Version 1.03. Probably necessary to do save transfer for MGS 2 and MGS 3 on the PS3/Vita versions. Also probably necessary to do the online trophies in MGS Peace Walker.

=====

Games I still need to buy: Rayman 3 HD, Shatter, Knytt Underground

Games I haven't tested: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, The Last Guy, Dead Space Extraction

=====

This is the whole of my PS3 backlog. I may pick up Dante's Inferno, maybe I will not. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 & 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 are very unlikely as I simply will not have the time to get around to them. My backlog is around 60 - 75 games in total and I don't want to be adding too many more games on a dying system. Especially when it feels likely that Sony will shut off online integration for the PS3 in the near future.

I'm not interested in anything else on the PS3.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Just a weird blip,

Have Castlevania: Lords of Shadows installed (NA disc vanilla) and the dlc installed.

Have it set to auto update and when I turned on the system tonight, it said it downloaded the patch.

Started up the game and there are 14 nodes at the bottom of the map.

So maybe for NA this is fixed.

Do note that Ive had auto update turned on for the past three days before this randomly happened

12 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Just a weird blip,

Have Castlevania: Lords of Shadows installed (NA disc vanilla) and the dlc installed.

Have it set to auto update and when I turned on the system tonight, it said it downloaded the patch.

Started up the game and there are 14 nodes at the bottom of the map.

So maybe for NA this is fixed.

Do note that Ive had auto update turned on for the past three days before this randomly happened

Several people have reported this info about LOS in the thread already. It seems many (not all, but many) of the patch issues have been resolved today. 

All my updated games with the latest versión working:

Demon souls 

Dark souls 

Drakengard 3

Dantes Inferno 

Metal gear Solid 4

Metal gear rising 

Nier 

Asura wrath

Twisted Metal

Alice Madness returns

Lollipop chainsaw

Folklore 

Infamous 1 and 2

Dead to rights retribution 

Deus ex Human revolución 

Playstation all stars battle Royale 

All these games didn't tell me to update so these are very fine

10 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

All my updated games with the latest versión working:

Demon souls 

Do you have Greatest Hits, Black Label or Digital for Demon's Souls? This is pretty much the only game that isn't updating for me at this point.

EDIT: Then again I'm just realizing this game isn't in the OP so maybe I don't need to worry about it

Edited by AihaLoveleaf
Read the OP

I just received my copy of Worms Collection (EU Disc) and so far, the first Worms game doesn’t detect an update. I didn’t check the others last evening. Does any of the game have patch for the disc collection? Or is there everything, including the latest patch, on the disc so I can online? Must be since all DLC is in it.

Also, Puppeteer (EU Disc) doesn’t see update either. But was there a patch in the first place? Can you platinum the game without it?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

3 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

What the hell, dude. I already told you it doesn't have a patch. LOL

Cmon, does it bother you that much I added that bit regarding Sonic Adventure 2?

8 minutes ago, GeminiEntity said:

If you like GoW you'll like DI, just be ready for the coop trials as some people have trouble with them. Also, I suggest at least getting LoS1, it's a great game and it's all solo skill.

I agree fully, I'm however short on money.

On 13.04.2021 at 9:27 PM, CB7Tuner91 said:

This is sad we're having to deal with this before the store even shuts down. Sony has turned into a joke over the last two years. I haven't bought a PS5 yet and have no plan to with how there handling customer service. 

Because PS5 will be in a same situation when PS6-7 will be around.