*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

I've been reading and following this post, and I have disc versions of Castlevania: LoS, LBG: GOTY and Star Wars complete Edition, however, patches still aren't downloading for me, either by starting up the game or by manually searching.  Is there a trick I'm missing to get the patches, or am I stuck with the version on the discs, for the foreseeable future?  Congrats to those that have been successful in updating their games.

Edited by myxer982

When I try to download Eufloria(game) from my download list I receive: HTTP Status Code : 404 / bought this game years ago. Sony servers miss some files of the game for years and if you not have this game installed on PS3 it’s now impossible until Sony or developers will fix it

On 15/4/2021 at 8:13 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Yeah I pop in the Greatest Hits disc and it tells me it's on the latest version. I was assuming there should be an update because my JP Demon's Souls disc does actually update... but I'm not even sure anymore at this point

The Brewology site only shows patches for JP and what looks like AS versions of the game

So if you have the latest update like me don't worry man , we are safe with that masterpiece, now i need to bought siren blood course and toro lets party to finish with some Hidden gems

• Like 1

7 hours ago, myxer982 said:

I've been reading and following this post, and I have disc versions of Castlevania: LoS, LBG: GOTY and Star Wars complete Edition, however, patches still aren't downloading for me, either by starting up the game or by manually searching.  Is there a trick I'm missing to get the patches, or am I stuck with the version on the discs, for the foreseeable future?  Congrats to those that have been successful in updating their games.

Mind if I ask a few questions please?

1. Where are you located? NA, EU, Asia?
  2. Which region are your game discs for? North America, Europe, Asia, etc.? It should say on the back of the disc case.
  3. How is your PS3 hooked up to the Internet? By Wi-Fi or by Ethernet cable?
  4. Regardless how you answer, whether by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, how is your connection set-up? Is it connected to a router first, and then that router is connected to a cable/ADSL modem box? Or do you have one of those modems that are an "all-in-one" modem + router/wi-fi box?
  5. What firmware version is your PS3 right now? And what model of PS3 do you have?
  6. Have you updated any other games? Please list a few, as I'm going to check my master list to see if the games you say got an update are really updated to the latest patch.
  7. What game versions does your PS3 say when you press the Triangle button and check Castlevania: LoS, LBG: GotY and (LEGO?) Star Wars: The Complete Edition? Do they all show version 1.00?

Thanks.

Edited by TigerHawk_Neo
one more question to ask

That happened to me with LBP 2 a few days ago! Luckily 3 days ago they finally noticed it and now I've updated the game.

(I have the CD version, I downloaded the Extra/Digital version and the updates always worked perfectly to me) 

Edited by DeNada91
Joe

On 4/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, TigerHawk_Neo said:

Mind if I ask a few questions please?

1. Where are you located? NA, EU, Asia?
  2. Which region are your game discs for? North America, Europe, Asia, etc.? It should say on the back of the disc case.
  3. How is your PS3 hooked up to the Internet? By Wi-Fi or by Ethernet cable?
  4. Regardless how you answer, whether by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, how is your connection set-up? Is it connected to a router first, and then that router is connected to a cable/ADSL modem box? Or do you have one of those modems that are an "all-in-one" modem + router/wi-fi box?
  5. What firmware version is your PS3 right now? And what model of PS3 do you have?
  6. Have you updated any other games? Please list a few, as I'm going to check my master list to see if the games you say got an update are really updated to the latest patch.
  7. What game versions does your PS3 say when you press the Triangle button and check Castlevania: LoS, LBG: GotY and (LEGO?) Star Wars: The Complete Edition? Do they all show version 1.00?

Thanks.

1. Located in NA.

2. All games are NA coded.

3. PS3 is connected wirelessly.  Wired can be achieved, although it's not a preferred long-term set up.

4. Modem>Router>PS3.  They make all-in-one units?!

5. PS3 Slim, v. 4.87.  No custom software has been installed.

6. Yes, I have.  Of the current list, I'm only concerned with Castlevania as I heard there was a game save bug and I'm hoping to avoid that.  Some other games I've been able to update are Street Fighter IV, KoF XIII, and Split/Second.

7. I haven't been able to find the version number on disc games, only digital games.  It's possible that I've updated these games in the past and I don't remember doing so, but I don't know where to see their current version numbers.

Can someone please confirm if Vanquish for the PS3 has a patch to download? I did not receive an update when I inserted the disc and the check for update says that I have the latest version installed. A google search tells me that there is possibly a 1.01 patch released at some point but when I check my game data the version is simply a '-'. Any help will be appreciated!

I'm from the UK and am using a second-hand disc from the EU region.

Edited by vvinushan
Added details about region
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vvinushan said:

Can someone please confirm if Vanquish for the PS3 has a patch to download? I did not receive an update when I inserted the disc and the check for update says that I have the latest version installed. A google search tells me that there is possibly a 1.01 patch released at some point but when I check my game data the version is simply a '-'. Any help will be appreciated!

I'm from the UK and am using a second-hand disc from the EU region.

NA does but the EU doesn't. The devs never released the 1.01 patch over here but it only makes a small health adjustment to a minor enemy so you're not missing anything by not downloading it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

NA does but the EU doesn't. The devs never released the 1.01 patch over here but it only makes a small health adjustment to a minor enemy so you're not missing anything by not downloading it.

Even if it's a minor update, i hate when this happens. That's why i was forced to buy the US version of 3D Dot Game Heroes. I was tempted to buy the US version of Armored Core 4, too (because apparently the EU version didn't get the Regulation updates)

Every game that I own digitally/physically from the list on the 1st page is already updated to the latest patch except for one... White Knight Chronicles (EU, Disc). That makes me so sad that I can't update it and it stuck on version 1.0 ? I saw that a lot of games regained the ability to download patches but this one is no... I check it every day. ?

16 hours ago, myxer982 said:

1. Located in NA.

2. All games are NA coded.

3. PS3 is connected wirelessly.  Wired can be achieved, although it's not a preferred long-term set up.

4. Modem>Router>PS3.  They make all-in-one units?!

5. PS3 Slim, v. 4.87.  No custom software has been installed.

6. Yes, I have.  Of the current list, I'm only concerned with Castlevania as I heard there was a game save bug and I'm hoping to avoid that.  Some other games I've been able to update are Street Fighter IV, KoF XIII, and Split/Second.

7. I haven't been able to find the version number on disc games, only digital games.  It's possible that I've updated these games in the past and I don't remember doing so, but I don't know where to see their current version numbers.

Thank you for your detailed answers. Sorry for all the questions, but I was really intrigued as to why you weren't getting the updates, so I wanted to be thorough before I told you what my results and situation was like. *Note: My PS3 (original fat version 60GB on the latest firmware version 4.87) is connected via Ethernet cable to my all-in-one cable modem with built-in wi-fi (yeah, my Internet Service Provider provided me a rental unit (Hitron CODA-4582U) as part of signing-up with them). And I live in Canada.

I own the NA version of LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga - Greatest Hits (disc version), and I have played it before, so I have a game data file associated to this game in my Game Data Utility folder, as well a saved game file in my Saved Data Utility (PS3) folder (keep this in mind, as it will come into play later). I haven't played this game in a while, so when I popped-in the disc I pressed the triangle button to check for any updates, and it found the 2.00 version, so I updated it.

I also own the NA version of LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition (disc version), which I never opened until now, and when I popped-in the disc, instead of me pressing the triangle button to check for any updates, I opted instead to start the game so that a game data file could be created inside of my Game Data Utility folder (I don't like to leave any stone unturned). As soon as I started the game, the system detected there was a 1.30 version, so I accepted the update, and it downloaded 11 large files.

Finally, I own the NA version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (disc version), but not the original version when it first came out, so this may make some difference to your situation, but anyways, I put the disc in, and pressed the triangle button, and the system detected the 1.03 version, so I downloaded that as well.

Now, for all three game discs, after the update I would press the triangle button to see what version it was, but all it said was that I had the latest version, so that's not much help to me, as I wanted to be sure the update actually happened. So, I went to my Game Data Utility folder, and checked each game by pressing the triangle button there, and from each game's data file I could see that LSW:TCS was at 2.00, LBP:GotY was at 1.30, and C:LoS Collection was at 1.03.

So go to your Game Data Utility folder to check which version of each game you have (I actually asked you this the last time but you didn't mention it, so I guessed that you didn't check the Game Data Utility folder). If all three games of yours show 1.00 then there's definitely an issue if you're not being prompted to get the latest update (I presume you live in NA like I do, yes?). Only solution would be to either start an online chat with Playstation Support, or call them for help (which is a huge pain, I know, but it's the only way).

However, if all three game data files show 2.00, 1.30 and 1.03 for LSW:TCS, LBP:GotY and C:LoS Collection (respectively), then you're good. Let me know what versions of your games of your game data files show you please.

*Edit: Both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (serial code BLUS-30339) and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (serial code BLUS-31382) automatically come with version 1.00, however both get the same update to version 1.03.

Edited by TigerHawk_Neo
clarification
  • Like 1

sorry if this been asked before, but does anyone know a site that actually shows ALL PS3 game updates thats ever been made? Considering what happened earlier, I don't exactly trust the ps3's "this game is already in the latest version" message and I wanted to know if any of these games here EVER got a patch: 

Anarchy Regins
AquaPazza
Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTY)
Batman Arkham City (GOTY)
Cross Edge
Catherine
Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin
Dark Siders
Deadpool
Demon Souls
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (GOTY)
Final Fantasy XIII
God Of War: Origins Collection
Infamous
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Nino Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle
The Sly Cooper Collection
Sonic Generation
Splatterhouse
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2
Trinity Universe (EU Region/BLES00971)
White Knight Chronicles II
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4

7 minutes ago, KentaZXi said:

sorry if this been asked before, but does anyone know a site that actually shows ALL PS3 game updates thats ever been made?

There are some sites out there which show some of the patches that have been released but none show all of them. As for Catherine, AFAIK, only the Asia/JP versions were ever patched; the EU and NA versions are patchless and the same goes for Demon's Souls. I don't believe Deadpool or FF 13 were ever patched in any region. I know the NA version of Infamous has a patch but I'm not sure about the EU release.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 minutes ago, KentaZXi said:

sorry if this been asked before, but does anyone know a site that actually shows ALL PS3 game updates thats ever been made? Considering what happened earlier, I don't exactly trust the ps3's "this game is already in the latest version" message and I wanted to know if any of these games here EVER got a patch

Check this page out: https://store.brewology.com/updates.php?digits=1

That's what I used to see which of my games were up to date. I doubt it's at all a comprehensive list, but there's plenty there to reference. 

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are some sites out there which show some of the patches that have been released but none show all of them. As for Catherine, AFAIK, only the Asia/JP versions were ever patched; the EU and NA versions are patchless and the same goes for Demon's Souls. I don't believe Deadpool or FF 13 were ever patched in any region. I know the NA version of Infamous has a patch but I'm not sure about the EU release.

I've pressed triangle for Infamous (NA) and I got the "the latest installed" message for that one. Checked the game data too and it doesn't even show a version.

1 minute ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Check this page out: https://store.brewology.com/updates.php?digits=1

That's what I used to see which of my games were up to date. I doubt it's at all a comprehensive list, but there's plenty there to reference. 

for some reason I cant access that site. the browser kept saying "site sent an invalid response".

1 minute ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Try the URL https://store.brewology.com/ and then hit Game Updates on the left to see the patches. Maybe that will work.

nope. still saying "site sent an invalid response. I've turned off the anti malware program, turned off the webprotection, added as an exclusion, tried it in a different browser, and itll either say that message again, or that "refuses to connect".

◉ Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Original Version)
    BLUS30339 - (USA, Disc)

[*Notes:*Patch Unavailable with Some Version Only]

I just put in my US disc of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and it updated to version 1.03 just fine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KentaZXi said:

nope. still saying "site sent an invalid response. I've turned off the anti malware program, turned off the webprotection, added as an exclusion, tried it in a different browser, and itll either say that message again, or that "refuses to connect".

That site works for me ?. Have you trued clearing your temp files and cookies?