*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

well I tried that just now, still an "invalid response"

UPDATE: Okay using the "cached" version I was able to look into that list. According to that, there doesn't seem to be ANY patches for those games in my list. I think I can finally say that until the other games I've order recently come in, I'm finally "up to date" with patches.

Edited by KentaZXi

On 4/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, Gigafalcospamer7 said:

An update from my end.

I just tested the original Motorstorm game (NA) and the patch could not be found.

GTA4 (NA) has patch and will test GTA5 soon.

Edit: GTA5 (NA) patch was found.

Can you please add Motorstorm to the list, @DeidaraTV? I confirmed it myself as well, and cannot download the patch either. 

2 hours ago, DeidaraTV said:

Can you tell me, Full Game Name, Version and Region please?

Full Game Name: MotorStorm

Version: 3.1

Region: the game was released worldwide

However, i wouldn't add it, since the loss of patches has nothing to do with the recent issues. Otherwise we would have to add Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (except for the EU Platinum copies, and the Spec III copies released in Japan) and Resistance: Fall of Man (except for the EU digital copies), too.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Still hoping they allow Socom Special Forces/Socom 4 to patch. Not tried it lately as been checking my other games.

Also it be nice for sony to remove the cmos/psn connection to allow us to play all our games offline for when that time comes. (Ps3, ps4 and yep ps5 too)

I really don't understand that CMOS debacle. Many electronic devices have that type of battery. Especially PC motherboards. You can replace it whenever you want.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I really don't understand that CMOS debacle. Many electronic devices have that type of battery. Especially PC motherboards. You can replace it whenever you want.

The issue is that once the battery is dead, replacing the CMOS is not enough. If the internal clock isn't synchronized (the synchronization relies on the internal bettery), the downloaded game licenses don't work. It requires a proper time sync with sony's servers. If sony stops letting the consoles sync by shutting off all access from older consoles, then no licenses will work on an unmodded console.

• Like 2

Anyone know any existence of a site that list the existence of patches for those PS3 games?

I have more than 100 discs and some from other regions.

Since games that have the patch removed don't show error message would be nice to know a existence of a list to keep tracking and try verify a update later again.

BTW, my GT5 updated to the latest ver. that was 2.17(?) few hours ago.

4 hours ago, Dosagu said:

Does anyone knows if THE SABORTEUR BLUS30407 even has a patch? i just placed it on my console and nothing

I have the exact same version you do (North America), and I put my disc in, and started the game, for the purposes of creating a game file inside the Game Data Utility folder. The game started an initialization set-up, where it installed game files onto the HDD, which took about 7 minutes to complete. At the main menu screen there are three options: New Game, Options, and Downloads. I clicked on Downloads to see if I could connect to EA's servers, but it said that no connection could be made. I exited the game, and pressed Triangle to see if there was any update, but all it said was that I had the latest update (no number was shown). Then I went to my Game Data Utility folder, and checked what version the game was, but it didn't provide a number at all, just a dash/hyphen. I suspect that if I was able to connect to EA's servers then perhaps there could have been a patch. I checked online, but as far as I can see there was no patch for the game. But I still think if I was able to connect to EA's servers then perhaps there could have been one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ISAMU_MkII said:

Anyone know any existence of a site that list the existence of patches for those PS3 games?

I have more than 100 discs and some from other regions.

Since games that have the patch removed don't show error message would be nice to know a existence of a list to keep tracking and try verify a update later again.

BTW, my GT5 updated to the latest ver. that was 2.17(?) few hours ago.

There was a link to a list found on Google Drive of all PS3 games with their respective latest patches, but the file was taken down for some reason. I liked that file, as it showed what the latest update version was for a particular game, but some games were missing from that list, so I suspect not all games had a patch.

You could use this other link that I've been using, but it only tells you if there was a patch or not; it doesn't tell you what the update number was though for games that had a patch. I do like this file, as the creator put a legend in the spreadsheet to tell the reader that for some games no patch could be found.

Finally, I also use store.brewology.com that @AihaLoveleaf provided on page 29 (thanks Aiha!), but I'm viewing it from my phone, as my web browser warned me not to visit the site due to potential risks. I haven't had any issues viewing that website on my phone though. Anyways, store.brewology doesn't list The Saboteur, so this means that the game didn't have any updates.

Glad to hear you got an update for your GT5 to 2.17. That's the same update version other people got.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I have the exact same version you do (North America), and I put my disc in, and started the game, for the purposes of creating a game file inside the Game Data Utility folder. The game started an initialization set-up, where it installed game files onto the HDD, which took about 7 minutes to complete. At the main menu screen there are three options: New Game, Options, and Downloads. I clicked on Downloads to see if I could connect to EA's servers, but it said that no connection could be made. I exited the game, and pressed Triangle to see if there was any update, but all it said was that I had the latest update (no number was shown). Then I went to my Game Data Utility folder, and checked what version the game was, but it didn't provide a number at all, just a dash/hyphen. I suspect that if I was able to connect to EA's servers then perhaps there could have been a patch. I checked online, but as far as I can see there was no patch for the game. But I still think if I was able to connect to EA's servers then perhaps there could have been one.

The patches don't come from EA's servers, they come from PSN. The only thing removed was the midnight content, or whatever it was called (Still accessible if you had it before). 

AFAIK there wasn't any patch for the game.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, TigerHawk_Neo said:

Thank you for your detailed answers. Sorry for all the questions, but I was really intrigued as to why you weren't getting the updates, so I wanted to be thorough before I told you what my results and situation was like. *Note: My PS3 (original fat version 60GB on the latest firmware version 4.87) is connected via Ethernet cable to my all-in-one cable modem with built-in wi-fi (yeah, my Internet Service Provider provided me a rental unit (Hitron CODA-4582U) as part of signing-up with them). And I live in Canada.

I own the NA version of LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga - Greatest Hits (disc version), and I have played it before, so I have a game data file associated to this game in my Game Data Utility folder, as well a saved game file in my Saved Data Utility (PS3) folder (keep this in mind, as it will come into play later). I haven't played this game in a while, so when I popped-in the disc I pressed the triangle button to check for any updates, and it found the 2.00 version, so I updated it.

I also own the NA version of LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition (disc version), which I never opened until now, and when I popped-in the disc, instead of me pressing the triangle button to check for any updates, I opted instead to start the game so that a game data file could be created inside of my Game Data Utility folder (I don't like to leave any stone unturned). As soon as I started the game, the system detected there was a 1.30 version, so I accepted the update, and it downloaded 11 large files.

Finally, I own the NA version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (disc version), but not the original version when it first came out, so this may make some difference to your situation, but anyways, I put the disc in, and pressed the triangle button, and the system detected the 1.03 version, so I downloaded that as well.

Now, for all three game discs, after the update I would press the triangle button to see what version it was, but all it said was that I had the latest version, so that's not much help to me, as I wanted to be sure the update actually happened. So, I went to my Game Data Utility folder, and checked each game by pressing the triangle button there, and from each game's data file I could see that LSW:TCS was at 2.00, LBP:GotY was at 1.30, and C:LoS Collection was at 1.03.

So go to your Game Data Utility folder to check which version of each game you have (I actually asked you this the last time but you didn't mention it, so I guessed that you didn't check the Game Data Utility folder). If all three games of yours show 1.00 then there's definitely an issue if you're not being prompted to get the latest update (I presume you live in NA like I do, yes?). Only solution would be to either start an online chat with Playstation Support, or call them for help (which is a huge pain, I know, but it's the only way).

However, if all three game data files show 2.00, 1.30 and 1.03 for LSW:TCS, LBP:GotY and C:LoS Collection (respectively), then you're good. Let me know what versions of your games of your game data files show you please.

*Edit: Both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (serial code BLUS-30339) and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (serial code BLUS-31382) automatically come with version 1.00, however both get the same update to version 1.03.

Ah, ok.  I knew the updates were going somewhere, but I didn't think about the Game Utility folder.  Tbh, it's been a hot minute since I did any real gaming on my PS3.  Upon investigation, I do have all 3 games updated and was not aware of it.  I'm sorry that I missed this part of your initial reply, and I thank you for your help, TigerHawk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, myxer982 said:

Ah, ok.  I knew the updates were going somewhere, but I didn't think about the Game Utility folder.  Tbh, it's been a hot minute since I did any real gaming on my PS3.  Upon investigation, I do have all 3 games updated and was not aware of it.  I'm sorry that I missed this part of your initial reply, and I thank you for your help, TigerHawk.

It's my pleasure in helping out. Glad to hear you have all the latest patches! ?? No apologies needed, we're all here trying to get all the latest patches for our games, and I know how frustrating it can be, as we all want to be playing a game we love as how it was intended to be played, and not be a buggy mess. I'm more upset at some games that were delisted, so I'll never be able to purchase the DLC for some games that I own (physically or digitally) ever again.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

There was a link to a list found on Google Drive of all PS3 games with their respective latest patches, but the file was taken down for some reason. I liked that file, as it showed what the latest update version was for a particular game, but some games were missing from that list, so I suspect not all games had a patch.

You could use this other link that I've been using, but it only tells you if there was a patch or not; it doesn't tell you what the update number was though for games that had a patch. I do like this file, as the creator put a legend in the spreadsheet to tell the reader that for some games no patch could be found.

Finally, I also use store.brewology.com that @AihaLoveleaf provided on page 29 (thanks Aiha!), but I'm viewing it from my phone, as my web browser warned me not to visit the site due to potential risks. I haven't had any issues viewing that website on my phone though. Anyways, store.brewology doesn't list The Saboteur, so this means that the game didn't have any updates.

Glad to hear you got an update for your GT5 to 2.17. That's the same update version other people got.

Thanks a lot. The brewology is better than nothing, I will see later the entire list. And I'm using right now a Android WiFi tablet with Chrome to see the list and don't show here any kind of warning messages.

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The patches don't come from EA's servers, they come from PSN. The only thing removed was the midnight content, or whatever it was called (Still accessible if you had it before). 

AFAIK there wasn't any patch for the game.

Thank you about the info regarding the EA servers. I'm glad to know there wasn't any update or patch for it. And thanks for letting me know there was some DLC. I just googled it, and found out I missed out on something called 'The Midnight Show'. Darn it, I missed out on that. Oh well.?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

It's my pleasure in helping out. Glad to hear you have all the latest patches! 1f604.png1f44d.png No apologies needed, we're all here trying to get all the latest patches for our games, and I know how frustrating it can be, as we all want to be playing a game we love as how it was intended to be played, and not be a buggy mess. I'm more upset at some games that were delisted, so I'll never be able to purchase the DLC for some games that I own (physically or digitally) ever again.1f61e.png

You probably won't be able to get them by legal means, currently.  But, I can imagine a world where the PS3 homebrew community will come up with a solution, and where Sony will try their best to sell or resell you this content.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

The Saboteur never received any patches in any region - the server connection was just so you could redeem the Nudity DLC but they released that for free anyway. Also, the servers were closed soon after launch so the only way to get the DLC is to download it directly from the store.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Saboteur never received any patches in any region - the server connection was just so you could redeem the Nudity DLC but they released that for free anyway. Also, the servers were closed soon after launch so the only way to get the DLC is download it directly from the store.

Thank you, I totally forgot to even bother checking to see if the game or any DLC was on the store, and I found the Midnight DLC. I'm adding it to my cart, along with some other games I plan on buying. ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Can someone confirm if Alone In the Dark gets the patch for trophies, especially EU disc?

I only have the US version (BLUS-30232), so I popped in the disc, pressed triangle, checked for updates, and I got a 60MB download file to update the game to 1.02. Not sure how to check for trophies, but GameFAQs shows a list of trophies available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I only have the US version (BLUS-30232), so I popped in the disc, pressed triangle, checked for updates, and I got a 60MB download file to update the game to 1.02. Not sure how to check for trophies, but GameFAQs shows a list of trophies available.

Just boot up the game, then sync your profile and check to see if the list has installed.

• Like 1