*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Found some time to do some testing and I'm also not getting the patch for my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Vanilla (NA) disc. Bought both DLC packages and installed them. PS3 doesn't show me the version installed no matter where I look. Progressed past the tutorial to see the World Map like in @X_Wizi_X's post and counted only 12 dots. Guess that means I'm out of luck here. Hopefully it fixes itself somehow but if not then I might be looking at PSNow for the Platinum if they have the DLC on there. 

9ac884090c.PNG

I checked this game a few weeks ago on PSNow and no unfortunately no DLC is included. I was hopeful that it would be included since I tried Rage on PSNow and it had The Scorchers included, but no luck with Lords of Shadow. I'm also unable to patch LOS1 disc here in US

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big-_-_-_-boss69 said:

I checked this game a few weeks ago on PSNow and no unfortunately no DLC is included. I was hopeful that it would be included since I tried Rage on PSNow and it had The Scorchers included, but no luck with Lords of Shadow. I'm also unable to patch LOS1 disc here in US

Wow that really sucks... hope we don't end up with another unobtainable 100% here.

4 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

If I'm not mistaken, can't you download patches for games from USB?

Is there an archive of game patches? Should one be made?

I'm pretty sure you can only update firmware using USB. I don't think patches can be uploaded to a PS3 that way.

Add the US digital version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to the list. While the disc version still works, the digital version does not want to connect online and grab the patch. 

The Platinum is still attainable though.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/105148-cant-seem-to-connect-online/?do=getNewComment

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

On 2.4.2021 at 6:10 PM, DeidaraTV said:

Some of PS3 Videogames don't get a Patch and the patch is essential to play Online and earn Trophies:
1) - Nor automatically at the boot of the game itself;
2) - Nor through "Manual" (Triangle: update check)

The following is a list of games that I have tested myself (or suggested by the community)

List of PS3 Games that are currently unable to get Patches:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - (USA, Disc) [*Some players are having trouble downloading the Patch regardless of Region*]

Dark Void - (EU, Disc) [*Some players are having trouble downloading the Patch regardless of Region. The problem can be fixed: "boot-up the game then let it sit on the patch notification screen until the Hard Drive light stops flashing. Once the light stops flashing, press X to start the download"*]

Dungeon Siege III - (EU, Disc) [*If you install the DLC before installing the game data, a Data error will occur. The problem can be fixed: deleting the DLC Data and later it will be possible to start and install the Patch and re-download the DLC correctly.*]

Just Cause 2 - () [*Some players are having trouble downloading the Patch regardless of Region. The problem can be fixed: "boot-up the game then let it sit on the patch notification screen until the Hard Drive light stops flashing. Once the light stops flashing, press X to start the download"*]

Need for Speed: Shift - (EU, Disc) [*N/A*]

Need for Speed: The Run - (USA, Digital) [*N/A*]

White Knight Chronicles International Edition - (EU, Disc) [*N/A*]

I just started to test downloading patches for some of the games you named with my discs and can confirm:

*) Castlevania Lords of Shadow (EU, USK Disk) - works

*) Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (EU, USK Disk) - works

*) Dark Void (EU, USK Disk) - works

*) Dungeon Siege III (EU, USK Disk) - works

*) Just Cause 2 (EU, PEGI 15 Disk) - works

*) Need for Speed Shift (EU, USK Disk) - works

*) Need for Speed the Run (EU, USK Disk) - works

However:

*) White Knight Chronicles Part 1 (EU, USK Disk) - doesn't work

No idea, if this affects trophys, but from what I see in the patch notes, I guess not.

But you can check yourself here (it's the Japanese Patches, but I think, it's the same at least in EU/US): https://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Patches

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jayboo1991 said:

Need for Speed Shift (EU, USK Disk) - works

What version does it say is it 1.02? I have a USK one and it doesn't detect a patch, I'm in UK. 

Also do you have a USK Dead Space 2? I recently got one and it says no patch, but my UK one says it has a 1.02. 

21 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

What version does it say is it 1.02? I have a USK one and it doesn't detect a patch, I'm in UK. 

Also do you have a USK Dead Space 2? I recently got one and it says no patch, but my UK one says it has a 1.02. 

NFS Shift is 1.03

Dead Space 2 USK is 1.00 I guess, same here :)

Dead Space 2 UK (PEGI) is 1.02 here as well

I will check 3D Dot Game Heroes shortly :)

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

NFS Shift is 1.03

Dead Space 2 USK is 1.00 I guess, same here :)

Dead Spacce 2 UK (PEGI) is 1.02 here as well

I will check 3D Dot Game Heroes shortly :)

Watch out for 3DDGH as the US version was more updated than EU.

DS2 was always v1.00 digitally.

Edited by Lance_87