Is a 100% account worth it?

undeaduser666

People mostly do it because they like how a 100% perfect profile looks. Most will tell you it's not worth it (and for good reason). Personally I would be going for it right now but have two unobtainable platinums on my profile so I am permanently gated from it unless Sony does something about unobtainables at some point. 

• Like 2

as Daiv said it does not have any affect on ranking

is it worth it? it depends, if you're going to be the kind of 100% "Completionist" that sticks to easy games in fear of they're completion or make the 100% affect the games that they will be playing then don't bother with it. someone in this site said it already : someone with a 60%ish completion with hard/worthwhile games is better than a 100% profile with easy to medium games

and i had a 100% account before so i'm talking from experience. if only someone didn't get a trophy from a game with a closed server and ruin my 100%... left trophy hunting ever since

• Like 2

I want to say no, but there's a girl on psn I used to be friends with who does play all her games to 100%. If I give up on that, it means I won't have that in common with her anymore. So I'm stuck having to be a completionist until/unless she stops going for all 100%. And if that doesn't happen, then I feel like I don't have permission to stop being a completionist.

I'll stop being a completionist if she does, but she doesn't, so neither can I.

Edited by me_is_caveman
  • Like 4

It's the completion-ist mentality really. You beat the game, and then you BEAT the game 100%. If you have hundreds or thousands of games in the backlog, that mentality might just wreck you.

Granted it's near impossible to maintain it for so long, but I would rather have trophies that I can't get due to lacking skill (on my account) than a forced server closure, or glitches that companies refuse to get patched.

• Like 2

I guess it depends on how motivated you are to get 100% in every single game you play, the moment you go for a harder trophy this though of 100% might vanish completely, not forgetting the games that are locked by paid DLCs to reach the 100%.

I guess most people seem to consider me a completionist. I like to see that 100% per game but I certainly don’t limit myself. I’ll try different genres, I do enjoy a challenge and even go for games that have unobtainables. I’m not afraid to leave games sitting at 1% so I’ll never have a truly 100% profile and that’s okay. I wasn’t going for that anyway. I do what I do purely for a clean stat in each game (possibly OCD I am)...in saying that it’s also the thing that destroys me sometimes. If I dislike the game I’ll still go for 100% and that’s where I know I’m making mistakes trophy hunting. I end up paying extra for DLC or a season pass just to 100% a game I didn’t have fun with. I don’t recommend it. 

• Like 1

It highly depends on the person, because 100% completion profile is very rewarding, but a double-edged sword. The other side of the coin is that once you are extremely fixated to this completionist mentality, that's where this habit goes unhealthy and borderline obsessive, if left unchecked. So, in conclusion, you can be a completionist with a shining 100% profile, but beyond that, play the games you want to play, and never ignore most games, just because they are hard, trophy-wise, regardless of the console you play with.

Edited by test-dummy-99
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, test-dummy-99 said:

It highly depends on the person, because 100% completion profile is very rewarding, but a double-edged sword. The other side of the coin is that once you are extremely fixated to this completionist mentality, that's where this habit goes unhealthy and borderline obsessive, if left unchecked. So, in conclusion, you can be a completionist with a shining 100% profile, but beyond that, play the games you want to play, and never ignore most games, just because they are hard, trophy-wise, regardless of the console you play with.

If avoiding a game because of hard trophies is a bad thing, doesn't that mean you have to play every hard game on PlayStation? Otherwise that hard game's nonexistence on your account could be seen as avoidance.

14 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

How else would one determine if a game is being avoided?

So, you determine that every game someone has never played is being avoided? You head must be a fun place to live in. I think you can generalize someone's gaming habits. Someone who completes every soulborne game isn't avoiding difficult trophy lists because they don't have SHUMPs on their card...and vice versa. You must be bored today, to try to turn this into something, lol

1 hour ago, me_is_caveman said:

I want to say no, but there's a girl on psn I used to be friends with who does play all her games to 100%. If I give up on that, it means I won't have that in common with her anymore. So I'm stuck having to be a completionist until/unless she stops going for all 100%. And if that doesn't happen, then I feel like I don't have permission to stop being a completionist.

I'll stop being a completionist if she does, but she doesn't, so neither can I.

Kinda odd. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 4

I do not think so. a long time ago i already had an account close to that, the worry in which to play and need to complete everything that touches, fear of new dlcs, fear of bug in trophies, fear of server ending... there is nothing better than playing what you want in your account without any worries, start a fresh game without having to search for guides in advance. today I am like that.

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

I’ll never understand it myself.

Like I have a friend who cares about 100% profile. Back in the day before he cared about trophies or whatever though, he LOVED Red Dead Redemption, couldn’t tear himself away from it. A few weeks after Red Dead 2 came out I ran into him at the store. I was like “Man did you play Red Dead 2 yet? It was f***in awesome right?”. He responds with “No, not yet. The achievement list looks pretty grindy so I decided to skip it.”. 

I was absolutely dumbfounded by that response. Here’s a game I know he would love. Hell, he knows he would love. But yet he’s willing to skip it over a useless number...

I mean, to each their own. Game how you want. But it’s something I’ll never be able to wrap my mind around. It would bum me out knowing I missed out on something I would’ve loved.

This is so fucking sad. I have a friend like that, but he plays other games on an alternative account.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

0 impact on ranking. Ranking is purely non-cheated trophy points.

There is a completionist leaderboard on psn trophy leaders, isnt?