Is a 100% account worth it?

undeaduser666

8 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

And once again you are assuming my wealth. I am not rich, there were plenty of things I never bought back in the day and had to purchase them at a higher price. Gaming is a hobby, sometimes you have money to spend on that hobby and sometimes you don't. You seem to think people are choosing between food and a DLC here. If you don't have $20 dollars to spend on a DLC, you skip it until you can afford it later on.

If you can afford the system to play the game on, the game itself, and the internet bill to connect to PSN, you can buy a DLC here and there. Do that for the last 15 years and you'll have a large PSN account.

It's kind of funny that you brought the 33% discount as if it changes anything.

Here, the discount is 25 euros (Europe always pays  MUCH more, even after the currency  difference that Sony fails to  organize, games cost 10 euros more, with stuff like Demon's Souls base edition arriving at 90 dollars if bought in Europe, so yeah) which is roughly 29 dollars, and this is just for the first season pass, there's another season pass that costs 20 euros who also has trophies, 45 euros just to get the 100% on a single game  you already bought   (under a sale  mind you), hich also happen to be an almost 2 year old game, not to mention that, until 2019, Europe almost never had DLCs sales  and even in these sales, specific companies like Activision  take the piss.

I 'don't' have  the 45  euros to give to a DLCs just to fight OCD, I would never have it, even if I was a billionaire, as  gaming is an hobby with no renewal income  unless you're some youtuber or shit like that, and sure as hell, I don't want to reward a company that puts overpriced  DLCs, which outside of a very few exceptions, is a term loaded with a lot of baggage.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

For me it isn't even possible to get 100% due to server closures or DLC's but I never strived for that. I just play what I want and try to get the platinum and possibly the 100% if it has DLC. I always felt this mindset of having an 100% account could limit what games you pick and play down the road but play how you want.

I would say that a 100% completion profile looks somewhat manufactured and possibly includes many games that the owner of the profile would love to have played but chose not for fear of not maintaining that 100%.

Now whilst I think that's silly I also respect it. It's their profile they can do whatever makes them happy.

What I will say is I do think that some people might avoid playing certain games for fear of what others might think and thats where it all goes too far.

Firstly, I play games for me, I don't care what others think of my profile.

Lastly, you would be surprised how few people actually care about your profile anyway, they are too concerned about what you think of theirs...

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 1

In my opinion no,  the money factor of buying all the dlc, the stress factor of servers closing and avoiding games you will love just because the trophy list is hard or unobtainable makes it not worth it in my eyes.

And the 100% dream is so easily made impossible by things like a single glitch that appears because of a patch or dlc that the developers never fix. 

Or a broken dlc trophy which you could never have predicted happening when you first brought the game.

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

I love how a thread about a guy curious whether 100% accounts actually gave you anything or was just for a neat aesthetic turned into a whole debacle about the morality of completionists, rich-shaming people that are not even actually rich and quotes from movies, for some reason..

Round up the usual suspects, because I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore! 

I'll be back...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

I love how a thread about a guy curious whether 100% accounts actually gave you anything or was just for a neat aesthetic turned into a whole debacle about the morality of completionists, rich-shaming people that are not even actually rich and quotes from movies, for some reason.

Classic PSNP moment. Never change.

Oversensitivity from those people at its finest over a hobby we love doing.

• Like 1

I will never be able to get 100% because of several servers closing but I have around a 94% and climbing slowly. I was around 64% when I joined Psnprofiles and wanted to be better. I focus on finishing anything I start now and get stuck sometimes on games and move on but I'll always be able to go back and finish. 

I thought about starting over years ago but thought better cause I would never want to grind some of these games again. Battlefield bad company I'm looking at you.?

It’s only you who can answer this question remember do what you like!

As for instance I like to play one game at a time and enjoy the feel when I 100% the game in the end.....I will never have 100% account but for me I’m happy with 95% and up at the end gaming is meant for fun no need to overanalyse and complicate such a things....go your own way!

This is an example of a profile that I like @Jasko_SOA. A lot of challenging platinums and good taste in gaming also high percentage of completion.

This is another 2 profiles @AsheBurns & @AsheRebel that are not as high in completion but it wouldn’t matter anyways since there is a lot good & hard games involved there.

So at the end it dosent matter really find your own joy and try new things to see what fits you best good luck ? 

Edited by NurseTatiana
  • Like 1

I don't think it matters much other than self satisfaction, as no one else cares if you have a 100% profile or not. It would be a pity to avoid games that you know you would enjoy only because of their achievement lists. i have a few JRPGs i like but with very tough or grindy trophy lists, but I could never skip them just because of that so I don't bother about the 100% profile. Also, none of my gaming friends care about trophies and I'm sure people online don't care about anyone's trophies but their own ones. I think a profile should just represent you as a gamer and what games you like, rather than a bunch of easy plats from crappy games like Hannah montana just to have a 100% profile. It would make gaming a chore rather than something fun having to waste time on such games. You could always play on another account if you wanted, although your total number of trophies would be less on your main account. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It’s probably not worth it for the vast majority of ppl.

seems like everyone who ended up with 100% either hates themselves or just cherry picks tbh.

Id personally would like too have 100% one day but some of my games are pretty hard and I don’t know if it’s gonna change me in a very serious way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For me, it's a no-can-do. There are some trophies I have no interest in grinding for, some games that I just cannot muster the desire to play even after years. If I didn't have to work or provide for my family I'd probably be more adamant about completing games to get them off my "to-do list" per se.

I definitely used to want to have a high completion and used to play a single game straight through to do so, but now I focus more on what I feel like completing in the moment and what I feel like playing or accomplishing. When I own the game, I know I'll get it done eventually, or maybe I won't feel like it, but either way, it shows the road of gaming I've taken over the years, and some games frankly don't deserve my time ?

Different strokes for different folks though! 

100% is cool looking, but conceptually meaningless. The only time a 100% profile is impressive to me is when they have A LOT of games played, because it shows they don't cherry pick the games on their list. Otherwise, most 100% profiles that I have seen consist of: less than 200 games or mostly easy platinum trophies (or both), and in those cases, they're cherry picked to maintain the 100%. But as others have said, you're artificially restricting your game pool for trophies. The other shitty thing about 100% profiles, is when they add DLC or trophy updates that throw off your 100% arbitrarily (ManEater and Conan Exiles for example). 

ManEater I bought from Gamestop and beat within 7 days to return it, now it has a DLC and I don't own the game sooooo good thing I don't care about the 100% I suppose.

Regardless, even games that have really tough lists will get a shot from me, but I generally feel satisfied with a game when I get an 'A' rating because you've already done better than the majority, in terms of trophies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Long-Ryde said:

For me, it's a no-can-do. There are some trophies I have no interest in grinding for, some games that I just cannot muster the desire to play even after years. If I didn't have to work or provide for my family I'd probably be more adamant about completing games to get them off my "to-do list" per se.

I definitely used to want to have a high completion and used to play a single game straight through to do so, but now I focus more on what I feel like completing in the moment and what I feel like playing or accomplishing. When I own the game, I know I'll get it done eventually, or maybe I won't feel like it, but either way, it shows the road of gaming I've taken over the years, and some games frankly don't deserve my time 1f61b.png

Different strokes for different folks though! 

100% is cool looking, but conceptually meaningless. The only time a 100% profile is impressive to me is when they have A LOT of games played, because it shows they don't cherry pick the games on their list. Otherwise, most 100% profiles that I have seen consist of: less than 200 games or mostly easy platinum trophies (or both), and in those cases, they're cherry picked to maintain the 100%. But as others have said, you're artificially restricting your game pool for trophies. The other shitty thing about 100% profiles, is when they add DLC or trophy updates that throw off your 100% arbitrarily (ManEater and Conan Exiles for example). 

ManEater I bought from Gamestop and beat within 7 days to return it, now it has a DLC and I don't own the game sooooo good thing I don't care about the 100% I suppose.

Regardless, even games that have really tough lists will get a shot from me, but I generally feel satisfied with a game when I get an 'A' rating because you've already done better than the majority, in terms of trophies.

I did both Maneater and Conan Exiles to maintain my 100%

You're not really restricting yourself all that much because you're mostly just ignoring games that already have uncompletable platinums or bugged lists to begin with.

14 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I did both Maneater and Conan Exiles to maintain my 100%

You're not really restricting yourself all that much because you're mostly just ignoring games that already have uncompletable platinums or bugged lists to begin with.

Ayy, I'm waiting for a sale because my backlog is huge and pressures me not to spend money on games, especially DLCs. 

Like I said, different strokes for different folks, but if I tried to go for 100%, I'd definitely have to start a new account and replay a bunch of my easy games because I have some games on my list that I'm just too dogshit to complete. Or don't have the patience to play through. 

Started with GOW III Remastered for me when I first started trophy hunting. The challenge of the gods round where you have to kill soldiers without weapons just kept fucking me over and over and over by giving me like 15-20 second periods where NOTHING would spawn, then would restart spawns in the last 4 seconds of the round. So I just gave up because if you're not even going to give me the capability to win, it's not worth my time. Shitty because I'd watch youtube videos of it and the enemies consistently spawn in everyone's game. But here I am chillin, nothing in sight.

As you can see that shit triggers me still ?

#ReasonsICant100%

It's more a personal thing than anything of being worthy. 

I play only games I want to play, not games that will help my percentage increase. I wanted to stick to single player only games so that I had to rely on my own skills to complete them, but even that rule got broken, for good and bad reasons. 

I find the platinum trophy a waste of time, but since the 360 days I've always strived for 100%. I think if you have multiplayer games on your 100% account then that can double the difficulty of retaining a 100% account. 

3 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

It's more a personal thing than anything of being worthy. 

I play only games I want to play, not games that will help my percentage increase. I wanted to stick to single player only games so that I had to rely on my own skills to complete them, but even that rule got broken, for good and bad reasons. 

I find the platinum trophy a waste of time, but since the 360 days I've always strived for 100%. I think if you have multiplayer games on your 100% account then that can double the difficulty of retaining a 100% account. 

The platinum trophy never meant much of anything to begin with, same with trophies. However the idea of playing just to gain ranks is something I will never understand as long as I live. It ties in with social media addiction.

Since the standards have dropped, the leaderboards mean nothing to me at this point. I'm not making myself miserable just to be in the top 1000 worldwide, which means virtually nothing in the end.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:24 AM, charxsetsuna said:

In my opinion no,  the money factor of buying all the dlc, the stress factor of servers closing and avoiding games you will love just because the trophy list is hard or unobtainable makes it not worth it in my eyes.

And the 100% dream is so easily made impossible by things like a single glitch that appears because of a patch or dlc that the developers never fix. 

Or a broken dlc trophy which you could never have predicted happening when you first brought the game.

This comment here is pretty much my thoughts. Obviously very expensive having to buy all DLC. Also feels pretty restrictive in the sense that you can’t really buy anything day one. You have to wait to see if a game will have an extremely difficult list, or requires a long multiplayer boost. Even if you do everything right, you never know when you’ll get screwed by a random DLC having an unobtainable or glitched trophy. Rare sure, but it happens. And in that case, you have no other choice but to start a new account if you want to maintain 100% completion. 

12 minutes ago, jackgalligan1 said:

This comment here is pretty much my thoughts. Obviously very expensive having to buy all DLC. Also feels pretty restrictive in the sense that you can’t really buy anything day one. You have to wait to see if a game will have an extremely difficult list, or requires a long multiplayer boost. Even if you do everything right, you never know when you’ll get screwed by a random DLC having an unobtainable or glitched trophy. Rare sure, but it happens. And in that case, you have no other choice but to start a new account if you want to maintain 100% completion. 

That's my entire point. I have made alt accounts with 100% completion on them, but that is only because I wanted to play those games a second time around and I knew what I was getting into.

In short, having 100% completion is not worth it. You may put Super Meat Boy Forever on your list, then quickly realize you won't have the skills to earn the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...