*Post 3 Games you would never have Played if it didn't have a Trophy List*

DeidaraTV

Some Videogames can have an embarrassing Storyline, be affected by a lot of Glitches that make the gaming experience poor or simply have a very low/high difficulty that makes the game not very pleasant/frustrating.
Games like these are still played because they have a very easy Trophy List for example (My Name is Mayo - PS4/PSVita).
So, what are the Games you would never have played if they didn't have a trophy list?

Fortunately all the Games I played were very fun and enjoyable, except one:

L6837a5.png

1) - Black Mirror;

The plot is not bad, but any area needs a long loading and the continuous crashes of the system make this game a nightmare, not funny at all!

2) - N/A;

3) - N/A;

(I've never seen a Thread like this, so I wanted to create one to know what the Community thinks about it and Sorry for my Rusty English LOL)

Edited by DeidaraTV
Grammatical Errors
  • Like 1

I could easily list dozens!  The absolute worst are probably:

Little Adventure on the Prairie

Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space

Dying: Reborn

All of these are just hideous on every level! I wouldn't stoop this low now but I had a phase of playing very easy quick platinums. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I could easily list dozens!  The absolute worst are probably:

Little Adventure on the Prairie

Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space

Dying: Reborn

All of these are just hideous on every level! I wouldn't stoop this low now but I had a phase of playing very easy quick platinums. 

I know ""Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space", he seemed good in the trailers LOL

• Like 1

Steins Gate Zero and Atelier Sophie to start, i got both of these free on plus and found them both very boring. Their super easy trophy lists made me play them to the end, but if there was no such thing as trophies or if they were Nintendo games, I would have given up after an hour. 

Beyond Two Souls- I didn't like this game very much, the story was all over the place and the controls were terrible. This was another easy PSN Plus title for me. 

There will certainly be some crappy games early on my profile that were played purely for trophies, that I knew going in would be rubbish, but I did anyways....

But I’m not listing those, as I try not to do that kinda thing anymore, and also because screw listing a bunch of bad games.... that’s not very uplifting, is it? ??

Instead, I’m listing these three:

Bayonetta

Alpha Protocol 

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

All three of those games, without trophies, I would have played - but likely only a couple of hours, and then never played them again.

I distinctly recall disliking all three of them intensely at first - for whatever reason.
They just didn’t gel with me I guess.

But.... I had earned at least 1 trophy...

...so they were on my list, and that was enough to keep me going at least for a bit longer, or to return later...

and in all those cases, that second chance (or in the case of Bayonetta, I think it was like, the 5th chance ?) gave me enough time to get on board with them, and I ended up loving all 3 ☺️

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

On point title, since the only reason I decided to play these awful games was because they were free with plus and they had trophies. I would have NEVER bought any of these abominations:

3. Game of Thrones (Telltale) 

Telltale's dated and predictable storytelling at its worst (I did like TWD1 and TftBL a lot, btw) They decided that in order to make a GoT game, randomly killing off main characters was enough.

2. Truck Racer 

It's no Big Rigs, but it definitely is a stinker. This spot could be switched for Monsterjam Battlegrounds, but believe me, none is as awful as the next game. 

1. Space Overlords

At this point hating and taking a dump on SO might seem like beating on a dead horse, but I don't care, I'll continue to shit talk it until I play something as shockingly awful. Or God forbids it, maybe something... worse? Is it even possible to make a worse game than this? This turd makes Ride to Hell, Rambo or Terminator Salvation look like competent games. Got 12 ultra rares out of it, do, so at least there's that. 

• Like 1

Bastion - Hated the game more than I thought I would. Those challenges with the Shrines evoked were aggravating to say the least. Wasn’t particularly impressed with the story, visuals, or anything else. Honestly, if it weren’t free and have a plat, I’d never play it.

Singstar - This was near the end of my Guitar Hero/Rock Band phase, and decided to do all 4 stacks even when I didn’t own a PS4 at the time. I even played the two PS4 versions on my friend’s PS4, then when I got one I finished it up. I also bought the camera for it, too. The main selling point for me was 4 platinums with like ~80% UR trophies for the low, low price of $15.

As time went on, I slowly began to regret it, especially when the servers shut down and I got locked out of the PS3 version. Thankfully, I finished those 2, but damn that would’ve sucked if I hadn’t. Had to wait about a year to get my karaoke on.

Sly 3 - This is the worst game I ever played and I played Jak 2 through to the end. I’m still hesitant on purchasing the Sly Collection on vita from the PSN store cuz I’m missing this one game and that’s the only to get it as the voucher expired. I’m tempted on spending $15 for one forgettable game 

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

Thankfully I never play games just for easy trophies, welll I do have a few games, it was the first and last. Over 10 years ago in fact.

Trivial Pursuit on PS3!....

My first and last game played that was just for trophy collecting so boring and also pretty difficult.

Oh and I also regret playing Buzz on PS3, perhaps not a particularly easy one but you can pause and look up the answers on google, tons of grinding and also glitched trophies where several pop at once, wish I had never played that game...

[edit]

Oh yes, I just remembered!!! Do not buy ANY of the "Doodle" games, they are terrible... Got two on offer once and they are truly awful 100% lists, barely even games. I guess I tried to forget them so much that I had honestly forgot all about them...

Edited by enaysoft

Let's be real, basically EVERYTHING Published by Ratalaika ?

48 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Sly 3 - This is the worst game I ever played and I played Jak 2 through to the end. I’m still hesitant on purchasing the Sly Collection on vita from the PSN store cuz I’m missing this one game and that’s the only to get it as the voucher expired. I’m tempted on spending $15 for one forgettable game 

I don't even know where to begin on this... Sly 3 is a perfectly fine game ? and Jak 2 is great (arguably better than Jak 3 overall) but there's nothing wrong with it, a little difficult but I was able to beat it no issue when I was like 9/10 years old ?

• Like 2

In chronological order

Valkyrie Drive Bikkhuni (Vita) -  I had enjoyed Senran Kagura games before, so I thought I would like this one as well, but I hated every single minute of it since the beginning. And it is far from being a short or easy platinum.

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3) - I really love Warriors games, but this one is awful. I dont know if the game was always bad or just one that didnt age well, but this is one of the few games that I really thought of giving up, even though the platinum is short and easy.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PS3) - I had a really good time playing this on the Playstation 2 many years ago, but all my memories were shattered for how bad this game is, and playing on the hardest (Sith Master, I think) didnt help either. Maybe some things really belong in the past. 

Yeah I could list a dozen no worries, but the following come to mind immediately because they really were an absolute grind for me:

- Life is Strange

- The Talos Principle

- Any of the Telltale games (sans Wolf Among Us, that was the first Telltale game I played and I bought it out of interest).

I think I'm going to do a bit different and name the ones that I played for easy trophies and ended up pretty fun games.  Most of the crap games I would have played anyhow because they sounded fun and I tend to be open to giving anything that sounds fun a try.

1. Devious Dungeon - Played this one because I was looking for a short and easy plat.  Really enjoyed it to the point that I actually wanted to play again for the PS4 stack.  Pretty good little platformer/RPG hybrid

2. Ultra Hat Dimension - Was a random game I bought because it fit better than my original choice for an event.  It was a cute little puzzle game that I had a lot of fun with!

3. Puzzle Agent - So fun fact with this one, I actually got it as a part of a bundle on Steam, but the Steam version lacks achievements so I had trouble motivating myself to play it.  Grabbed it on sale ages ago for PS3 back when PS3 games still went on sale and it was a nice fun 100%.

• Like 1

I'm intentionally ignoring all the piss easy, quick, and cheap platinums I may have (there's not a lot but there's more than 3).

1. The Devil May Cry series - Way back in my early days of gaming I didn't enjoy action games at all. I even saw DMC and said I'd never touch them because they looked uninteresting. Fast-forward to when I found Furi I decided to just play that game because it looked neat. I surprised myself and beat it without much issue and decided I'd try the hardest difficulty until I started having trouble just for kicks. Surprised myself even more and was actually able to beat it and have an average score. I practiced for a bit and was actually able to S rank the hardest difficulty and get the platinum for Furi. There I knew I needed more action games to play because Furi was a thrill (and I had a new kickass platinum to boast about). At the time DMC 5 was just announced so I played all of them and got the platinum for each (besides the reboot). I'm happy I did that because they were enjoyable and DMC 1 is actually in my top 100 favorite games list as well as Furi.

Surprised y'all with good games I enjoyed right? Well now for ones I didn't enjoy.

2. Gravity Rush 2 - I stopped having fun with the game 5 minutes into it. It felt absolutely no different from the first game which I got bored of before getting the platinum as well just not as fast. The site says for the first game I took about a week and a day to finish. However, the second game is about 8 months and 3 weeks of constantly dropping it and picking it back up. Near the end during the story segments I was even falling asleep though I was probably tired from work too.

3. Exist Archive - What a fucking horrendous grind heavy platinum. I only did it because it had a cross-save vita release as well so I could do it at work. I found a vita copy for cheap that I later sold to a friend. That was a fucking mistake. The vita version would crash about every 2 hours. That's not too bad you think though just save and close the game so the timer resets, right? Wrong! Some of the post game dungeons could take you over 2 hours to do if you're uncareful and one of the trophies required 100% exploration of every dungeon. There was also no way to save progress within the dungeon. Combined that with how grind heavy all the trophies were, the lackluster story and game play, and the fact three play throuhgs minimum are required it was awful and I don't recommend this game for anyone, at least not on Vita. It does have ultra rare trophies if you want to bolster that stat and used physical copies are likely going for cheaper than $10.

Special shout outs to the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series. I enjoyed them but I likely wouldn't have replayed (or plan to replay) most of them if they didn't have trophies. Would've likely just done FFX and X-2 for the international additions and KH2 for the final mix super bosses.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Really? ?

I thought Lords of Shadow was so awesome! It is certainly flawed in many ways, but also a very unique experience. I was quite taken aback when I discovered this game to actually be a completely underrated hack n slash gem/God of War clone from that era. And it undoubtedly had one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard in any game, ever. The music for some of the boss fights is absolutely epic!!

I’ve been keeping an eye out locally for a copy of Lords of Shadow 2. I hope it’s like the first game.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Really? 1f62e.png

I thought Lords of Shadow was so awesome! It is certainly flawed in many ways, but also a very unique experience. I was quite taken aback when I discovered this game to actually be a completely underrated hack n slash gem/God of War clone from that era. And it undoubtedly had one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard in any game, ever. The music for some of the boss fights is absolutely epic!!

I’ve been keeping an eye out locally for a copy of Lords of Shadow 2. I hope it’s like the first game.

well... yeah....:hmm:

me too :dunno:

That was kinda my point ☺️

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

well... yeah....:hmm:

me too :dunno:

That was kinda my point 263a.png

Derrp. My bad, I misread your post. It was kind of confusing the way you wrote it. My eyes focused in on you trashing those 3 games for the majority of your post and skipped over the very ending where you said you ended up enjoying them in the end lol.

Long story short, Castlevania Lords of Shadow was awesome. ?

• Like 1

Black Mirror certainly makes my list as well, along with hot garbage like Adam's Venture and Cast of the Seven Godsends. I was only platinuming them to earn Sony Rewards credit, but now that they've ended the program, I just play stuff I'm actually interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

That's easy.  The three "trophy whore" games on my profile.  The Walking Dead which I did not enjoy at all and the two versions of My Name is Mayo.  It was actually torturous for me to finish TWD;  it wasn't fun at all.  That's why I think it took me about a month or so to finish when it could easily be completed in a matter of a few days for most people.  I will take the liberty of counting the two editions of MNIM as two games because I had to play it twice.  (Plus right at this moment, I cannot think of any other games.)  Just being real here.  The only reason I played those games is just for a few easy platinums.  If trophies did not exist, would I have played them?  Absolutely not!  Would anyone (or many people anyway) play a MNIM or games like them if they didn't have trophies?  I'm willing to wager probably not.  Those are the only games.  Everything else I played primarily for fun and enjoyment.

Orc Slayer - Worst game on my trophy profile. Absolute garbage. I got a migraine going after this platinum.

Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space - Another bad game. Nothing good about it. Poor point and click experience.

My Name is Mayo - Click a jar 10,000 times. Do some other random crap. Platinum trophy.

All trophy whore junk. Sound Shapes, for all the bad rep it gets for its multiple stacks, actually isn't a bad game.

• 7 months later...