JackTheJubbly-

Ancient Hunter Glitched!

16 posts in this topic

Hey, i have recently gone through all the ancient hunts on the easiest apocalypse difficulty but for some reason my trophy hasn't popped. Going back into the hunts it says all the ancients are unknown and I now don't have the enchantment points to go through it all again. Did I do something wrong or is this trophy completely bugged? I've had enough of buggy trophies on games its like the developers of games are just becoming lazy. Thanks for your help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running into the same issue. I know I've hit the quota for 15 ancients but no trophy. Also like you when checking upon selecting items for a hunt I'm shown unknown mobs. I've been using the ???? stage to level my character a little for the all the enchantment points I wasted, started this DLC at level 148, I'm now only level 51 - even salvaging all weapons that have been enchanted just for this trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand what were doing wrong? I thought it was because I'm playing on ps5 but it surely cant be that. I've followed everything we have to do so I'm just hoping someone has a fix because like you I have no enchantment points left. Super annoying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was like you and using the lowest apocalypse difficulty just to run through them faster, Since the last post though I've been using apocalypse +1 and higher - This isn't a straight up fix but I have unlocked the following ancients using the +1 method; Haunted Caller, Barrage, Oozing Menace, Windbeard, The Seeking Flame, Grim Guardian, Unstoppable Tusk, Frost Warden, Cursed Presence.

 

Unfortunately the +1 method doesn't seem to work on majority of the others such as First Enchanter, Ancient Terror, Abominable Weaver, The Unending or Thundering Growth, etc.

 

I've given up and moved on now, it seems pointless to continue until we get a patch. Hope you get your trophy soon!
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate ill have to try these again at some point but like you said its probably better to just try again when its patched. I hope you get the trophy soon 🤞🏻

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having the same issues as well 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

 

I’ve killed 15 but only 7 show as registered. 
 

Different mobs compared to @Ninja-Sara-X though. I was able to unlock First Enchanter and Ancient Terror, but not Windbeard or Unstoppable Tusk for instance. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing the game on co-op and my partner and I ran into this problem. We did a total of 17 ancient mobs and no trophy. Upon researching only 12 of the enemies counted. You will know if they have registered if their picture shows up when you offer the required runes. We replayed some that didn't register and finished the whole level each time just to make sure and it popped on the 15th.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tumsquared said:

I’m having the same issues as well 🤷1f3fc.png‍♀️ 

 

I’ve killed 15 but only 7 show as registered. 
 

Different mobs compared to @Ninja-Sara-X though. I was able to unlock First Enchanter and Ancient Terror, but not Windbeard or Unstoppable Tusk for instance. 

 

Definitely a glitch, the amount of times I've beaten the Abominable Weaver and it's still showing as unknown is beyond me.

 

35 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I've been playing the game on co-op and my partner and I ran into this problem. We did a total of 17 ancient mobs and no trophy. Upon researching only 12 of the enemies counted. You will know if they have registered if their picture shows up when you offer the required runes. We replayed some that didn't register and finished the whole level each time just to make sure and it popped on the 15th.

 

Glad you finally got your trophy! Yep, I've been playing right to the end of stages - had another little blast at it last night and beat both The Unending and First Enchanter again but still those refuse to show as completed 😥. Hopefully it gets patched soon! Grats on yours though!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

 

Definitely a glitch, the amount of times I've beaten the Abominable Weaver and it's still showing as unknown is beyond me.

 

 

Glad you finally got your trophy! Yep, I've been playing right to the end of stages - had another little blast at it last night and beat both The Unending and First Enchanter again but still those refuse to show as completed 1f625.png. Hopefully it gets patched soon! Grats on yours though!

Thanks. Unfortunately the Jungle Fungus trophy is bugged for me and the Giant Slayer trophy is bugged for my brother. Hopefully future patches sort these issues out for all of us!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@JackTheJubbly- @Ninja-Sara-X 

 

I think I figured out the glitch and the current workaround. I only tested it once as it was super late and wanted to one run in before passing out, but it worked!
 

Make sure your pets are the ones that kill the ancient enemy. I was on the lowest apocalypse setting (so that doesn’t matter) and just let my 2 golems run rampant. 
 

I will update once I try again (either Monday or Tuesday) and if I have more success. 
 

(I came up with this idea because I saw some dude having trouble getting his enchanted kills up. He was able to determine that the only kill that counts, is a pet kill. So I extrapolated to this trophy. Edit: it was @Duriavenator - thanks!)

 

@Banana_Sausage47
 

This may help your brother as the pets might need to get the kills at this time for giant slayer but that’s a big guess. Don’t think it will help with jungle fungus but maybe try having a pet kill the boss instead. 
 

God I hope this works consistently...

 

UPDATE: Did another run in which my pet killed the ancient and I quit the run early. The ancient does show up as known when inputting the appropriate runes. (Also, it appears to be ok to quit out early - wanted to test this as well.)

Edited by tumsquared
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tumsquared said:

@JackTheJubbly- @Ninja-Sara-X 

 

I think I figured out the glitch and the current workaround. I only tested it once as it was super late and wanted to one run in before passing out, but it worked!
 

Make sure your pets are the ones that kill the ancient enemy. I was on the lowest apocalypse setting (so that doesn’t matter) and just let my 2 golems run rampant. 
 

I will update once I try again (either Monday or Tuesday) and if I have more success. 
 

(I came up with this idea because I saw some dude having trouble getting his enchanted kills up. He was able to determine that the only kill that counts, is a pet kill. So I extrapolated to this trophy. Edit: it was @Duriavenator - thanks!)

 

@Banana_Sausage47
 

This may help your brother as the pets might need to get the kills at this time for giant slayer but that’s a big guess. Don’t think it will help with jungle fungus but maybe try having a pet kill the boss instead. 
 

God I hope this works consistently...

 

UPDATE: Did another run in which my pet killed the ancient and I quit the run early. The ancient does show up as known when inputting the appropriate runes. (Also, it appears to be ok to quit out early - wanted to test this as well.)

 

Thank you so much for the update! I'm definitely going to try this out! It's weird though because I haven't had any pets equipped whilst the other ones became known.. But hey if this works damn! Great work in finding this work around!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jup, I can confirm it works when your Golem makes the kill.

 

So do it that way or wait for the next Patch. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tumsquared said:

@JackTheJubbly- @Ninja-Sara-X 

 

I think I figured out the glitch and the current workaround. I only tested it once as it was super late and wanted to one run in before passing out, but it worked!
 

Make sure your pets are the ones that kill the ancient enemy. I was on the lowest apocalypse setting (so that doesn’t matter) and just let my 2 golems run rampant. 
 

I will update once I try again (either Monday or Tuesday) and if I have more success. 
 

(I came up with this idea because I saw some dude having trouble getting his enchanted kills up. He was able to determine that the only kill that counts, is a pet kill. So I extrapolated to this trophy. Edit: it was @Duriavenator - thanks!)

 

@Banana_Sausage47
 

This may help your brother as the pets might need to get the kills at this time for giant slayer but that’s a big guess. Don’t think it will help with jungle fungus but maybe try having a pet kill the boss instead. 
 

God I hope this works consistently...

 

UPDATE: Did another run in which my pet killed the ancient and I quit the run early. The ancient does show up as known when inputting the appropriate runes. (Also, it appears to be ok to quit out early - wanted to test this as well.)

Thank you so much for this i really appreciate the help and its something I definitely would never of looked for. You my friend are a legend!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: got my ancient hunter trophy. 
 

Using a pet for kills definitely works. 
 

I think pets are the way to go for any killing trophy until they patch it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm this is interesting, I got “wooden sword” the other day from a pet kill after playing 10-15 levels and no trophy. But I figured it was just solo vs coop (I did all the 10-15 previous levels coop). Figures I pick up the game and everything kill-related is broken. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.