Jump to content

I'm So Thirsty for Tales of Arise...


TalesofGaming

Recommended Posts

Gosh, I'm so thirsty for Arise. I've been in love with the Tales series since my junior year of high school and haven't stopped loving it since. I've been working through my backlog of Tales games I haven't platinumed yet even though I've played them all on my old account. xD In any case, it's Spring now, so Bamco when? I'm hoping we get a release date soon, this game looks so beautiful! (I'm also hoping for a PS5 release.) I started with Xillia and it's still my favorite out of all the ones I've played. I could just talk about Tales all day... Anyway, how hype are you guys for Arise?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda, don't know if i'm in the hype train yet, and my guess is the launch date will be late 2021. I just hope this don't feel as rushed as Zesty, Xillia, and the plot is not about two worlds in conflict and there's a traitor in your party.

Edited by Neptuos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i doubt it releases 2021. Most Tales games released January i thought

 

Interesting, both Berseria and the Definitive Edition of Vesperia got released in January, but the JP version of Berseria got released in August so I don't think it means much? Just coincidence? I hope I don't have to wait that long...

Edited by TalesofGaming
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

Interesting, both Berseria and the Definitive Edition of Vesperia got released in January, but the JP version of Berseria got released in August so I don't think it means much? Just coincidence? I hope I don't have to wait that long...

 

well i remember Zesteria, Berseria, Vesperia Def, Xillia 2 all in like Jan/Feb? could be wrong. But i mean, they've barely shown anything. 

 

I honestly wouldn't expect news until August or something. They're hyping up Scarlet Nexus which is due June 25, unless it gets a delay. So i dont expect much news on Arise until after that

 

 

Edit: seems the ones i played are all over the place.

 

Tales of Graces F (march)

Xillia (aug)

xillia 2 (aug)

zesty (oct)

Bers (feb)

Vesperia (jan)

Symphonia Chronicles (feb)

 

 

so who knows but its not 2021

Edited by Infected Elite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a huge graphical leap + potential for them to shake things up for the series going forward. In my opinion I think it need a little "shake up" or else the series might suffer pretty badly. 

 

Vesperia was the last one that I'd consider "really good". Berseria looks alright, Zesteria looks meh (not a "bad" game just not a "amazing" tales game). I got all 3 of those still sitting on my shelf, just haven't gotten around to them yet. Vesperia I've already played multiple times on Xbox so I'm not in a hurry to do it again.

 

I'm really hoping Arise tops Vesperia for me but we'll see. Shame I won't get to play the PS3 ones though. Really wanted to do Xillia/Xillia-2 (never played it) and Symphonia/Symphonia 2 again (played both of those on Gamecube/Wii).

Edited by Sword
Can't spell correctly part 9999.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sword said:

Personally I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a huge graphical leap + potential for them to shake things up for the series going forward. In my opinion I think it need a little "shake up" or else the series might suffer pretty badly. 

 

Vesperia was the last one that I'd consider "really good". Berseria looks alright, Zestiria looks meh (not a "bad" game just not a "amazing" tales game). I got all 3 of those still sitting on my shelf, just haven't gotten around to them yet. Vesperia I've already played multiple times on Xbox so I'm not in a hurry to do it again.

 

I'm really hoping Arise tops Vesperia for me but we'll see. Shame I won't get to play the PS3 ones though. Really wanted to do Xillia/Xillia-2 (never played it) and Symphonia/Symphonia 2 again (played both of those on Gamecube/Wii).

 

Dang, that sucks you can't play Xillia. (Hoping for an Xillia re-release since it's the anniversary this year.) I actually really enjoyed Berseria, it's my second favorite right above Vesperia. The gameplay was really good and the characters and story were fantastic. Vesperia was good, I just honestly didn't think the story was THAT good. Kudos to it for having amazing level designs though.

 

Onto Arise, It probably won't beat Xillia for me probably due to nostalgia, but I'm hoping this really brings up the Tales series worldwide. I get so sad when not many people know what this series is. It's such a gem and I want everyone to experience it. :) 

 

(Btw, thanks for adding me on PSN Sword.) ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will definitely buy it as soon as it releases, but I definitely need to start catch up with the series... Zesteria felt so bad that I had problems actually getting the platinum in it (only got it back in December), and since I didn't wanted to start Berseria before finishing Zesteria, it keep on delaying stuff... plus now I'm trying to clean up (and catch up on Persona, and maybe Ys, since that's just the new game), so Berseria will take a while longer to be started...

 

Anyway, I do hope to at least have platinum Berseria by the time that Arise is released in EU...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I will definitely buy it as soon as it releases, but I definitely need to start catch up with the series... Zesteria felt so bad that I had problems actually getting the platinum in it (only got it back in December), and since I didn't wanted to start Berseria before finishing Zesteria, it keep on delaying stuff... plus now I'm trying to clean up (and catch up on Persona, and maybe Ys, since that's just the new game), so Berseria will take a while longer to be started...

 

Anyway, I do hope to at least have platinum Berseria by the time that Arise is released in EU...

 

Aw, I feel you. So many JRPGs to play. xD You really don't need to play Zestiria in order to play Berseria. They're pretty much standalone. Also, the camera in Zesty is wonky as F. Definitely come back to it when you can! ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

 

Aw, I feel you. So many JRPGs to play. xD You really don't need to play Zestiria in order to play Berseria. They're pretty much standalone. Also, the camera in Zesty is wonky as F. Definitely come back to it when you can! ;) 

So true, and since I always aim for the platinum in my RPGs, it's an insane time sink too..

 

As for Berseria, I know, I just wanted to not start one before I finished the previous one because I "try" to not start everything and then never finish them... And really Zestiria left a bad, bad taste on my mouth.. only good (well, awesoma actually) part about it is the Opening Theme, really liked that music.

 

Me currently having less then 90% completion annoys me a lot (main fault being me starting a ton of PS3 games to avoid possible servers closure and never going back to them).. I also have several "high profile" games started that I really need to finish before starting other games.

 

On top of the Tales of Series, I have been dying to start Dragon Quest 11 and Ni no Kuni 2, but I refuse to do so before I get 90% completion and at least plat Nier Automata, P5R, P5DIS,P5S and Ghost of Tsushima.. 

 

The only stuff that I may start are somewhat quick platinum projects (for events, usually games that can be plat in 20-30 hours at max), or some Final Fantasy or Persona game.. Currently my 2 main series, being followed by Tales of, Disgaea, Ys, and a few "non-series" games like Nier, only after those come Star Ocean, Atelier and Hyperdimension series.. yes, all that on my backlog, plus way more, since my interests are "mainly" JRPGs, Racers and Fighters, in that order, then comes the other stuff).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm interested what they'll do with the story and setting and what the full party is going to look like. I'm likely going to wait for the price to drop before buying it though. I still have over half of the older Tales games to play and other games too. I'm not expecting it to top Abyss (remaster with trophies please) or Berseria as my favorite though. I'm contemplating whether I should play Vesperia or Xillia 2 next after I finish with Zestiria.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So true, and since I always aim for the platinum in my RPGs, it's an insane time sink too..

 

As for Berseria, I know, I just wanted to not start one before I finished the previous one because I "try" to not start everything and then never finish them... And really Zestiria left a bad, bad taste on my mouth.. only good (well, awesoma actually) part about it is the Opening Theme, really liked that music.

 

Me currently having less then 90% completion annoys me a lot (main fault being me starting a ton of PS3 games to avoid possible servers closure and never going back to them).. I also have several "high profile" games started that I really need to finish before starting other games.

 

On top of the Tales of Series, I have been dying to start Dragon Quest 11 and Ni no Kuni 2, but I refuse to do so before I get 90% completion and at least plat Nier Automata, P5R, P5DIS,P5S and Ghost of Tsushima.. 

 

The only stuff that I may start are somewhat quick platinum projects (for events, usually games that can be plat in 20-30 hours at max), or some Final Fantasy or Persona game.. Currently my 2 main series, being followed by Tales of, Disgaea, Ys, and a few "non-series" games like Nier, only after those come Star Ocean, Atelier and Hyperdimension series.. yes, all that on my backlog, plus way more, since my interests are "mainly" JRPGs, Racers and Fighters, in that order, then comes the other stuff).

 

I mean.... JRPGs are the best to play in my book. xD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TalesofGaming said:

 

I mean.... JRPGs are the best to play in my book. xD 

Yes, specially if we actually want variety with some somewhat decent story (well, they aren't books, but as as good or better then movies!).

 

The fact that we more often then not need to also learn tons of new stuff, really is one of the things that makes me like this kind of game to (to the point of playing Shining Resonance Japanese version before they announced the remaster and that it was getting a western release.. but luckily that game was really easy, because my Japanese level is 0 :lol:)

 

With all the praise that I always see about Berseria, I definitely should move it's position in my list, maybe I should play it right after I get done with my current targets! That game always intrigues me because of how universally praised it gets, almost to the point that everyone sees it as part of the top 3 of the series. (from my experience, with exception of Zestiria all were good experiences, and I only played the PS3/Vita ones, didn't had the chance to play the earlier games).

 

On that note, they do need to makes a remaster of Abyss for me to experience the game...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very excited for Arise!! The graphics and battles look very slick so far, and they did say to expect more news this Spring, which as TalesofGaming mentioned, is basically now. I'm expecting it to be maybe an August or September release honestly, with party information coming out over the early summer months. That is, of course, barring any more delays because of Covid.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the new Tales of game. I've been trying to finish Vesperia for the longest time. I enjoyed the story, but I'm on the platinum struggle bus. Since we're sharing our favorite games, here's my list (from best to worst):

 

Favorite skits:

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Vesperia/Berseria

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Zesteria

 

Favorite characters:

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Zestiria

 

Favorite character interactions:

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Hearts R

 

Best story:

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Hearts R

 

Best battle system:

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Berseria/Hearts R - Hearts has the better AI system

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Vesperia

I'm not even going to rate Zestiria. I hated it!

 

So from my list you can tell that Zestiria ranks low. I still have to play and finish Symphonia and Xillia 2.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't seen enough to be hyped but I'll definitely play it as I'm a big fan of the Tales of series. 

 

I really enjoyed Tales of Berseria since i didn't have high expectations after playing Zestiria & Xillia, which i felt were underwhelming entries in the series. 

 

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia & Tales of Graces are my top 3 of the games that I've played. I never got to experience Tales of the Abyss & Tales of Legendia but from ive seen they look fantastic, I really hope to see them ported or remastered to current gen consoles some day. 

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hyped for it too. I'm hoping it comes out this year but if it doesn't come out until next year there won't be anything I can do about that obviously

 

At this point I just hope it's worth the wait I guess. I just got back into this franchise around 6+-ish months or so ago and I've played Berseria and Zestiria in that amount of time and am currently playing Vesperia.

 

Hopefully I'll be better at the Arise battles then I am in the Vesperia battles right now as I am shit at them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im a fan of Tales too. I mean im not a day 1 with Tales kinda guy (im on my 1st playthrough of Berseria right now) but i do generally play them all eventually, with lovely lovely discounts. 

 

Vesperia is No1 at the mo but Arise just by being a Tales game is defo on the radar. It looks to be based more around achieving freedom. I love the concept. Heres hoping it'll be amazing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really see why anyone could get hyped by just seeing this and what they've shown in their previous trailer. Just few random cut-scenes slapped together? And that early build of combat from the first trailer? Wow, really exciting stuff, eh? As for myself I'm pretty curious, tho I don't have too much hope for this, probably gonna end up just average.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

Can't really see why anyone could get hyped by just seeing this and what they've shown in their previous trailer. Just few random cut-scenes slapped together? And that early build of combat from the first trailer? Wow, really exciting stuff, eh? As for myself I'm pretty curious, tho I don't have too much hope for this, probably gonna end up just average.

 

The reason I'm really hype even though we don't have much info yet is because I've played some of the last generation games, Berseria, Zestiria, Xillia, Graces, Hearts, etc. and let's just say they don't look that great graphically compared to Arise. The Tales series has been using the same PS3 graphics/engine since Xillia which came out in 2011, all the way up to the recent release of Berseria on PS4 in 2016. Seeing the HUGE graphical upgrade makes me, and I'd say most Tales fans hype about it. (Also, Tales is my favorite series so I'm probably biased. xD )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...