PS5 save on PS4 version?

Mst-Sgt-Peppa

So I know you can use the PS4 save on the PS5 version, I platted the game on PS4 and imported my save into the PS5 remaster and got the free plat straight away.

However, having never played the DLC as I didn't own it on the PS4, I'd like to play through the DLC and get those trophies on the PS5 version. My question then is, can I load up the PS4 version, import my PS5 save over and unlock those trophies for free? Or would I have to play the DLC trophies over again on the PS4 version to unlock them on both?

• 3 weeks later...

It only goes 1 way i.e. PS4 => PS5. Unless a game is online only e.g. Destiny, Fortnite, Warframe etc. cross-save is a one way trip from the PS4 to the PS5 so don't waste your time trying to do it the other way round, because it won't work.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, HuntingFever said:

It only goes 1 way i.e. PS4 => PS5. Unless a game is online only e.g. Destiny, Fortnite, Warframe etc. cross-save is a one way trip from the PS4 to the PS5 so don't waste your time trying to do it the other way round, because it won't work.

I believe Ubisoft will let you transfer back and forth between the 4 and 5 versions of some of their games. I know for sure you can do it in Immortals Fenyx Rising.

3 hours ago, TheMangler24 said:

I believe Ubisoft will let you transfer back and forth between the 4 and 5 versions of some of their games. I know for sure you can do it in Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Yeah, the situation changed sometime  after I made that post so some single player games do allow 2-way cross-save but they are a small minority :(.