Jump to content

What materia to farm and how many?


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

 

Completed my first playthrough and just reached level 50 doing a splash of farming. 

 

So basically what materia and how many of them should I farm on easy for when I move onto the hard mode? I have the AP up thing and snagged it to HP up. Taking a while to upgrade even with the after game bonuses but hey-ho. Can you get another AP up by replaying chapter 14 and changing that other materia or does that only work once per profile? Also trying to upgrade all weapon skills but Barret's focus shot is taking ages, even after about 12 uses its only at 10% proficiency, is that normal though or am I doing something wrong? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Play the Don stage where you get his treasure so you can get more "Pray" materia, get 4 (or at least 3) and then when you play on Hard you can heal all party members with using 2 ATB and not using any MP at all. Equip the 2 MP Up with PRay for Aerith and then it's almost the same as a All+Cure 3!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Play the Don stage where you get his treasure so you can get more "Pray" materia, get 4 (or at least 3) and then when you play on Hard you can heal all party members with using 2 ATB and not using any MP at all. Equip the 2 MP Up with PRay for Aerith and then it's almost the same as a All+Cure 3!

Yeah at first when I heard you couldn't use any items I was dreading it a bit, but then I found out benches don't replenish mp and my arse started twitching like a rabbits nose. 

 

Cheers for the pointers man. Will look into that after I have boosted Barret's focus shot. Think I will pic the fat choccobo fight and see if that boosts him quicker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Hi everyone, 

 

Completed my first playthrough and just reached level 50 doing a splash of farming. 

 

So basically what materia and how many of them should I farm on easy for when I move onto the hard mode? I have the AP up thing and snagged it to HP up. Taking a while to upgrade even with the after game bonuses but hey-ho. Can you get another AP up by replaying chapter 14 and changing that other materia or does that only work once per profile? Also trying to upgrade all weapon skills but Barret's focus shot is taking ages, even after about 12 uses its only at 10% proficiency, is that normal though or am I doing something wrong? 

 

You want to have both elementals maxed

2 or 3 ATB stagger maxed

Couple of parry

3 each maxed of ice/lighting/fire/wind

at least 1 maxed poison

3 maxed revive

3 maxed healing

4 maxed HP and MP ups

2 luck up and 2 magic up maxed

2 time maxed

1 or 2 pray and chakra maxed

 

 

 

also no you dont get another AP up on ch 14 next time you go there im sure its time materia you get

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AP UP isnt as hood as it looks, especially if u have lots of materia to level still. Its useful if u want to match a SPECIFIC materia really quick, otherwise its just using a slot u could be levelling another materia in

 

HP UPs and MP UPs, level them as u go through hard, dont farm them. 

 

Its hard to say, because if u resort to guides for some fights, they may use materias you didnt think useful

 

Its better to max more materia though tham less materia so that you always have options. 

 

What the guys above have said, I use max Warding + (insert) sometimes though to become 100% immune to certain debuffs from bosses

 

Magnify + MP absorb + HP absorb + 3 x (insert) can be great to make quick work off mobs while getting MP/HP back at the same time

 

Magic Up x 2 is very important

 

First Strike x 2 is a must as it makes mob battles over real quick. 

 

Barrier is very helpful maxed. 

 

Healing builds heal more based on ur magic attack, so u want those Magic Ups and the Healing Carcanet necklace equipment. With those, I think my Prayer heals abt 5000 to each

 

I've not had to heal in any boss fight yet on hard all up to Chapter 14. Ch14 Abzu is the first hard boss ive had to bring a form of healing. Obviously took hours to work out the strategies, point being though that bosses can be done without healing if done right. 

 

I'd say u also want 3 x Fury Rings. 

 

Again, its so hard to say as im not sure how u play, what u have learnt so far and whethee u will use guides or not. 

 

Im betting u dont even have some of these materias though, for example, do u have 2 x Elemental, 2 x Magic Up and 2 x Warding?? What abt the MP absorb, do u have that?? 

 

Btw, focused shot likely increases quicker if u use it on pressured enemies as intended. Though on easy, im sure I just spammed all abilities soon as I got them and got them quick, I got ability trophy befoelre finiahing story

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoosaHeadz said:

 

 

 

 

also no you dont get another AP up on ch 14 next time you go there im sure its time materia you get

Cheers man. Is the max poison purely for the evil house fight?

50 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

 

 

Again, its so hard to say as im not sure how u play, what u have learnt so far and whethee u will use guides or not. 

 

Im betting u dont even have some of these materias though, for example, do u have 2 x Elemental, 2 x Magic Up and 2 x Warding?? What abt the MP absorb, do u have that?? 

 

Btw, focused shot likely increases quicker if u use it on pressured enemies as intended. Though on easy, im sure I just spammed all abilities soon as I got them and got them quick, I got ability trophy befoelre finiahing story

I have almost every item/materia in the game as I did a collectibles walkthrough. Doubled up on some, but the MP/Hp ups and stuff like Revive take so long to max them out. Revive is what is stopping me finishing Chadrey's quests or whatever he is called. I think I have 3 and 2 are at about 3500K I think I need 5K for them to reach max. I want to get them done on an easy farm though as to get the final summon creature without making hard even more hard. 

 

I had to stop the farming for a bit though as it gets to you big time. So at the moment I am getting the final dress requirements done. Plus for the hard mode I will be going for all the scipture things to upgrade weapons, so I want to be able to do every quest without worrying about screwing up the dress requirements or missing out on side quests which give the weapon scriptures. 

 

Is it worth switching up weapons in hardmode or do the charcters have one specific weapon each which is worth sticking with providing you have the right matera? 

 

Also. I keep seeing people mentioning adding specific materias to bracelets as opposed to saying put it on either armour or bracelet. Does this actually make a difference or something?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. Is the max poison purely for the evil house fight?

I have almost every item/materia in the game as I did a collectibles walkthrough. Doubled up on some, but the MP/Hp ups and stuff like Revive take so long to max them out. Revive is what is stopping me finishing Chadrey's quests or whatever he is called. I think I have 3 and 2 are at about 3500K I think I need 5K for them to reach max. I want to get them done on an easy farm though as to get the final summon creature without making hard even more hard. 

 

I had to stop the farming for a bit though as it gets to you big time. So at the moment I am getting the final dress requirements done. Plus for the hard mode I will be going for all the scipture things to upgrade weapons, so I want to be able to do every quest without worrying about screwing up the dress requirements or missing out on side quests which give the weapon scriptures. 

 

Is it worth switching up weapons in hardmode or do the charcters have one specific weapon each which is worth sticking with providing you have the right matera? 

 

Also. I keep seeing people mentioning adding specific materias to bracelets as opposed to saying put it on either armour or bracelet. Does this actually make a difference or something?

 

Bracelet IS the armour

 

You dont need ALL manuscripts, some of the nodes are pointless. A lot of them are RNG or % based which I dont like to rely as RNG, but most do

 

Some of the SQs on hard are actually quite difficult. Some players say its bwst to do all SQs on hard, none on easy, but I think the other way around is better. SQs are MUCH quicker and easier on easy plus gets u stuff ready for hard mode, then on hard, I just dont bother getting all manuscripts

 

There seems to be some belief that you must get all manuscripts, but u dont need to as I say, it gets to a point where the remaining nodes dont do much

 

You wanna finish Chadleys quest to get that MP absorb. 

 

Dont worry abt HP/MP UPs, just wear them aa u play through hard, then can wait as not so important, just level them as u go

 

Poison is really good on Eligor as well and no, its not extremely important to max, its only a one off 1000 or so more damage. It has a drawback though that it takes longer to explode, on Eligor for example, I cast the lv 1 poison as its quicker, the level doesnt change the tick damage anyway, only the initial explosion dmg

 

 

Weapon wise, it depends really, I think there are defense/attack/magic/critical/balanced qeapons, they arw the categories that basically fit the weapons. 

 

I mainy just switch between attack/magic weapons, and btw (insert) + Elemental does more damage on attack weapons than magic weapons, but u still want high magic from (from 2 x magic ups) 

 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Optinooby said:

 

Bracelet IS the armour

 

You dont need ALL manuscripts, some of the nodes are pointless. A lot of them are RNG or % based which I dont like to rely as RNG, but most do

 

Some of the SQs on hard are actually quite difficult. Some players say its bwst to do all SQs on hard, none on easy, but I think the other way around is better. SQs are MUCH quicker and easier on easy plus gets u stuff ready for hard mode, then on hard, I just dont bother getting all manuscripts

 

There seems to be some belief that you must get all manuscripts, but u dont need to as I say, it gets to a point where the remaining nodes dont do much

 

You wanna finish Chadleys quest to get that MP absorb. 

 

Dont worry abt HP/MP UPs, just wear them aa u play through hard, then can wait as not so important, just level them as u go

 

Poison is really good on Eligor as well and no, its not extremely important to max, its only a one off 1000 or so more damage. It has a drawback though that it takes longer to explode, on Eligor for example, I cast the lv 1 poison as its quicker, the level doesnt change the tick damage anyway, only the initial explosion dmg

 

 

Weapon wise, it depends really, I think there are defense/attack/magic/critical/balanced qeapons, they arw the categories that basically fit the weapons. 

 

I mainy just switch between attack/magic weapons, and btw (insert) + Elemental does more damage on attack weapons than magic weapons, but u still want high magic from (from 2 x magic ups) 

 

Cheers man. 

 

I had it in my head that there was a trophy for upgrading every weapon slot for some reason. This was why I was wondering why Chadry offers to respec weapons as I thought what is the point if I need to upgrade everything anyway. But what I will now have to do is actually respec weapons because I was trying to fill grid and I could have a bunch of useless nodes. I will try and find a weapons sheet which has a guide for which nodes are best. Cheers man,. 

 

Yeah I got mixed up with bracelet and armour in stead of saying weapon and armour. So does it make a difference what materia you attach to each?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know theres thousands of youtube videos and you will probably get more answers on this topic (and for very specific situations) my advise: -5 hp up and 4-5 mp up to the max (at least 4 MP UP im not kidding magic is very precious and op in this game and you gonna need as much as possible for the hard VR challenges and overall hard campaign).

-both elemental 1 to max and the other to at least tier 2 (elemental is such a blessing in this game seriously, heal on demand or makes some bosses a joke).

-3 damage elementals (fire ice and thunder) to max and maybe 1 wind to max it really doesnt matter, but you gonna be switching between many "-ga" spells often and they are easy to level up.

-Magnify, warding max. Magnify for obvious reasons (goes well with literally any spell in the game no joke) and warding because of the guaranteed damage resistance you link to it (it can guaranteed safety from instakill mechanics even from the self destruct skill).

-1 chakra and 1 pray are more than enough

-3 steadfast block (very useful all 3 of them), both first strike as they are essential.

-ATB assist is very good for most fights where tifa or cloud are participating.

 

As for a final note, remember that even if you stop the game with the command menu the game still goes on so try to practice whatever strat you are trying and get used to the position of the skills/spells in general because the VR hard missions a couple of seconds off to execute a command can cost you a potential run against leviathan and that damn bahamut ? or even against sephiroth. 

 

Good luck to everyone looking to complete it and try to keep yourself collected even on a loss, it took me a loooot to finally complete those challenges. Enjoy your gotterdammerung or and remember theres a video that provides a useful strat to have instant limit break on tifa, cloud or aerith so make sure you check it out too!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. 

 

I had it in my head that there was a trophy for upgrading every weapon slot for some reason. This was why I was wondering why Chadry offers to respec weapons as I thought what is the point if I need to upgrade everything anyway. But what I will now have to do is actually respec weapons because I was trying to fill grid and I could have a bunch of useless nodes. I will try and find a weapons sheet which has a guide for which nodes are best. Cheers man,. 

 

Yeah I got mixed up with bracelet and armour in stead of saying weapon and armour. So does it make a difference what materia you attach to each?

 

Armour (bracelet) doesnt matter too much, obviously u want one with 4 nodes, and then connected if you need. Some have defence values like Chain Bangle for example 50/50 in Ma/Str defence. Not much difference, but iirc, 50 defence means like 25% less damage I think it is. 

 

Resetting is mainly for hard when u dont have many SP, easy u can manage with auto-upgrades, but hard you want to select urself. 

 

Resetting is actually really cheap, only like 100 gil per weapon. And u dont need to look up a guide on it, I usually just go for Attack, Magic and the Materia slots, you usually want 2 Connected slots as well. Other than those, you want Bloodsucker (All), Speed (Tifa), extra MP (Aerith) and any that reduce MP cost like 'Attack Spells Cost Reduced'. 

 

Don't bother with defence nodes, Stagger Siphon (real bad) or nodes that like give criticals, low hp bonuses, limit break bonus, aerial damage bonus etc. Basically anything that gives u gains on things u dont use much are just a waste and defence shouldnt be a problem if using a good guide/strategy

 

With criticals, a lot of guides swear by them, but I dont use them as at the end of the day, they are based on chance and I like consistent strategies, especially when making guides, so im deliberately ignoring them

 

Any questions, just fire away as ive learnt most stuff as ive been spensing hours on every boss and taking my time to test everything so I can better optimised strategies, equipment etc ;)

 

 

7 hours ago, pieroilcapo said:

I know theres thousands of youtube videos and you will probably get more answers on this topic (and for very specific situations) my advise: -5 hp up and 4-5 mp up to the max (at least 4 MP UP im not kidding magic is very precious and op in this game and you gonna need as much as possible for the hard VR challenges and overall hard campaign).

-both elemental 1 to max and the other to at least tier 2 (elemental is such a blessing in this game seriously, heal on demand or makes some bosses a joke).

-3 damage elementals (fire ice and thunder) to max and maybe 1 wind to max it really doesnt matter, but you gonna be switching between many "-ga" spells often and they are easy to level up.

-Magnify, warding max. Magnify for obvious reasons (goes well with literally any spell in the game no joke) and warding because of the guaranteed damage resistance you link to it (it can guaranteed safety from instakill mechanics even from the self destruct skill).

-1 chakra and 1 pray are more than enough

-3 steadfast block (very useful all 3 of them), both first strike as they are essential.

-ATB assist is very good for most fights where tifa or cloud are participating.

 

As for a final note, remember that even if you stop the game with the command menu the game still goes on so try to practice whatever strat you are trying and get used to the position of the skills/spells in general because the VR hard missions a couple of seconds off to execute a command can cost you a potential run against leviathan and that damn bahamut 1f612.png or even against sephiroth. 

 

Good luck to everyone looking to complete it and try to keep yourself collected even on a loss, it took me a loooot to finally complete those challenges. Enjoy your gotterdammerung or and remember theres a video that provides a useful strat to have instant limit break on tifa, cloud or aerith so make sure you check it out too!

 

 

Great tips there m8, not sure with the limit break though. 

 

A lot of guides work around the limit break, problem is most bosses have phases so it doesn't really help much, plus its hard to unlock that accessory in the first place. I think its better to work up to Pride and Joy with the other bosses before as practice, rather than jump right in at the deep end ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Great tips there m8, not sure with the limit break though. 

 

A lot of guides work around the limit break, problem is most bosses have phases so it doesn't really help much, plus its hard to unlock that accessory in the first place. I think its better to work up to Pride and Joy with the other bosses before as practice, rather than jump right in at the deep end ;)

Dont worry i only used that insta limit break on the bosses of chapter 18? i kinda wish i knew that build earlier but i didnt want to farm the ap for Warding materia when all i was missing was that chapter on hard, thought having planets protection+Ascension/catastrophe would have been gold for many chapters ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To those of you still working through the Hard Mode play through do not underestimate the value of Gotterdammerung. It is so worth going after as early in your playthrough as possible.  Having it makes everything way easier.  I'm currently ready for chapter 16 on Hard Mode and there were several boss fights that I wasn't looking forward to up to that point that I've gotten through without difficulty using it.  having a limit break as the start of each battle helps clear trash mobs fast even in higher chapters but even more important is the limit charging in boss fights.  I've been able to use it as many as 3 times in the same boss fight.

 

The Chapter 17 Shinra Battle Simulator is super easy to get to. You do have to start the chapter on Hard to unlock everything in the simulator but you only have to fight 3 or 4 of Hojo's unknown specimens to get to it from the beginning of the chapter.  vs. Monsters of Legend wasn't hard as much as annoying having to face off against Tonneberry twice.  If I'm being honest, vs. Team Ragbag is the more challenging but more of a test of your gaming endurance and patience.  Bahamut is by far the hardest fight in the series.  There are several guides for the challenge that'll give you good advise of how to prepare for it.  In the end I went with a hybrid of a couple different guides.  There was one that recommended loading up on Elemental/Ice for the Shiva fight but after a trial run I decided that was overkill and went with Tifa using armor elemental/ice and cloud with armor elemental/fire although if I had to do it again I would reverse that.   The other thing I went with is Headband on my ice fighter and protective boots on my fire fighter. But don't assume I'm giving the best advise as our play styles may be different.

 

Read a few guides and set a loadout based on their advise and your own experience in the game.  What I can tell you is that having Gotterdammerung as soon as you can get it will save you some heartache in your Hard Mode play through and grinding to level up as many max level materia as you can is worth it.  I leveled my materia in the coliseum in 2 vs. Thugs on easy.  One thing I discovered is that easy/normal grant the same AP per defeated enemy and I could do that fight in 10 to 20 seconds according to the after match stats.  The game loading stuff takes longer than that but was very fast for where I was at when I started grinding materia.  It'll take 2 to 4 hours but will save you a lot of frustration having to restart a bunch of Hard Mode boss fights.

 

In the end my best advise is to listen to others advise and use what you think makes the most sense and be willing to adjust it if something doesn't seem to be working.  For me the Hard Mode Hell House (a pre Gotterdammerung fight) and Bahamut in the Rag Team have been the hardest two fights I've done so far on Hard Mode which doesn't yet include the chapter 18 Hard mode fights.

 

Good Luck to you my friend and I hope to see you all on the FF7 Remake Platinum accomplishment list.

Edited by TheCatHerder42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheCatHerder42 said:

The Chapter 17 Shinra Battle Simulator is super easy to get to. You do have to start the chapter on Hard to unlock everything in the simulator but you only have to fight 3 or 4 of Hojo's unknown specimens to get to it from the beginning of the chapter.  vs. Monsters of Legend wasn't hard as much as annoying having to face off against Tonneberry twice.  If I'm being honest, vs. Team Ragbag is the more challenging but more of a test of your gaming endurance and patience.  Bahamut is by far the hardest fight in the series.  There are several guides for the challenge that'll give you good advise of how to prepare for it.  In the end I went with a hybrid of a couple different guides.  There was one that recommended loading up on Elemental/Ice for the Shiva fight but after a trial run I decided that was overkill and went with Tifa using armor elemental/ice and cloud with armor elemental/fire although if I had to do it again I would reverse that.   The other thing I went with is Headband on my ice fighter and protective boots on my fire fighter. But don't assume I'm giving the best advise as our play styles may be different.

 

How to say "I know it better" and still staying polite? Hmm.... ;)

 

You can start chapter 17 on normal. The VR fights have a menu where you can select between easy, normal and classic difficulty. The "special fights" told to be "only available on hard mode" actually can be selected even though the chapter is i.e. started on "normal" - the menu for the selection of the difficulty of the fight provides "hard" as the sole option. It is not connected to the difficulty setting of the chapter select.

 

I've done all VR fights with "normal" difficulty on chapter select. Last fight for me was the Malboro. Now I'll try to get the Götterdämmerung.

 

About Bahamut: with the guide I used, this fight was a bit harder than the series with the Malboro, but in comparison to other fights I already had, I would not put that one far over the other summon materia fights. Malboro worked straight - one try. I even absorbed the enemy skill on first possibility. For Bahamut I had about 5 tries until I understood how that countdown really works. Originally I thought you would have to stop him counting from 5 to 0 and can fight as long as you need to kill him.

 

Regarding the question of the OP: I'm not sure, what I really will need to have maxed out, as I have not done my hard run. As preparation I have pushed many materia to the max. The green materia was up automatically at the end of the "normal" run. The MP/HP/Magic-Up materia is not maxed out, but will be after some progress in hard mode. I pushed elemental and ward, which was really annoying, but I did this as preparation for Malboro and also the Shinra secrets. It will come in quite handy.

 

I guess the rest will turn out progressively on each fight in hard mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, In4m471k3r said:

 

How to say "I know it better" and still staying polite? Hmm.... ;)

 

You can start chapter 17 on normal. The VR fights have a menu where you can select between easy, normal and classic difficulty. The "special fights" told to be "only available on hard mode" actually can be selected even though the chapter is i.e. started on "normal" - the menu for the selection of the difficulty of the fight provides "hard" as the sole option. It is not connected to the difficulty setting of the chapter select.

 

I've done all VR fights with "normal" difficulty on chapter select. Last fight for me was the Malboro. Now I'll try to get the Götterdämmerung.

 

About Bahamut: with the guide I used, this fight was a bit harder than the series with the Malboro, but in comparison to other fights I already had, I would not put that one far over the other summon materia fights. Malboro worked straight - one try. I even absorbed the enemy skill on first possibility. For Bahamut I had about 5 tries until I understood how that countdown really works. Originally I thought you would have to stop him counting from 5 to 0 and can fight as long as you need to kill him.

 

Regarding the question of the OP: I'm not sure, what I really will need to have maxed out, as I have not done my hard run. As preparation I have pushed many materia to the max. The green materia was up automatically at the end of the "normal" run. The MP/HP/Magic-Up materia is not maxed out, but will be after some progress in hard mode. I pushed elemental and ward, which was really annoying, but I did this as preparation for Malboro and also the Shinra secrets. It will come in quite handy.

 

I guess the rest will turn out progressively on each fight in hard mode.

Sorry if I am confusing things here. So you basically start chapter 17 on normal (I take it you playthrough until the end and then take the lift back down or something?) and when choosing the special fights the final battles will already be on the list to choose to fight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Sorry if I am confusing things here. So you basically start chapter 17 on normal (I take it you playthrough until the end and then take the lift back down or something?) and when choosing the special fights the final battles will already be on the list to choose to fight?

 

No need for apologies :)

 

You have to complete the first playthrough on any difficulty to unlock the hard play mode. But you do not have to start the chapter 16 or 17 (17 makes more sense in my eyes) on hard difficulty just to make the fights in the VR simulator available that are told to be "only available in hard mode". I also was confused by this expression. It is there to state, that you cannot have those fights in a lower difficulty setting than "hard" regarding the choices you can make within the VR sim.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, In4m471k3r said:

 

No need for apologies :)

 

You have to complete the first playthrough on any difficulty to unlock the hard play mode. But you do not have to start the chapter 16 or 17 (17 makes more sense in my eyes) on hard difficulty just to make the fights in the VR simulator available that are told to be "only available in hard mode". I also was confused by this expression. It is there to state, that you cannot have those fights in a lower difficulty setting than "hard" regarding the choices you can make within the VR sim.

 

Ahh right. Cheers for clearing that up. That could indeed be a bonus for me as I may have a crack at the Malboro or whatever its called. That prick of a thing used to give me so much crap in FFX. I look forward to my vengeance. Bit I take it its best to choose chapter 17 as you will than Aerith in your party and able to do her challenges? In chapter 16 her battles are greyed out for obvious reasons I suppose. 

 

Currently grinding Elemental resistance or whatever it is, but the ap build up so slow no matter what method you use. Had a couple of goes after work these past two evenings but its gained next to nothing before the boredom of it becomes to much, so I may have to tackle hard mode with whatever I have otherwise the ap grind will destroy the game for me. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Ahh right. Cheers for clearing that up. That could indeed be a bonus for me as I may have a crack at the Malboro or whatever its called. That prick of a thing used to give me so much crap in FFX. I look forward to my vengeance. Bit I take it its best to choose chapter 17 as you will than Aerith in your party and able to do her challenges? In chapter 16 her battles are greyed out for obvious reasons I suppose. 

 

Yeah, you have Aerith in Chapter 17 and can do her fights in the VR. Did you think about her two fights in the colosseum on your playthrough? If not, you'll have to play trough most of the chapter to get her there as well, in order to unlock those special fights in the VR. You'll also need to turn in all battle reports to Chadley to unlock the Shinra Top Secrets fight for the Götterdämmerung.

Edited by In4m471k3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, In4m471k3r said:

 

Yeah, you have Aerith in Chapter 17 and can do her fights in the VR. Did you think about her two fights in the colosseum on your playthrough? If not, you'll have to play trough most of the chapter to get her there as well, in order to unlock those special fights in the VR. You'll also need to turn in all battle reports to Chadley to unlock the Shinra Top Secrets fight for the Götterdämmerung.

Yeah I went back and did the chapter 9 challenges ages ago, cheers. Done all the Chadley requirements too. I think the only trophies I have left are for all chapters in hard, defeat the Malboro and top weapon, learn enemy skills (Just need the Malboro one) and then I get the platinum. 

 

So on chapter 17 is this just as you get to the end and Red X says either use the lift or go back to the central point or something, is that when you can do it? BY the way. Lets say you watch a video guide on how to beat a boss or any enemy and know how to beat them, does it matter about assessing them still? There is only a few I actually have to do, but was wondering if its even important.

Edited by DaveMcDamage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I went back and did the chapter 9 challenges ages ago, cheers. Done all the Chadley requirements too. I think the only trophies I have left are for all chapters in hard, defeat the Malboro and top weapon, learn enemy skills (Just need the Malboro one) and then I get the platinum. 

 

So on chapter 17 is this just as you get to the end and Red X says either use the lift or go back to the central point or something, is that when you can do it? BY the way. Lets say you watch a video guide on how to beat a boss or any enemy and know how to beat them, does it matter about assessing them still? There is only a few I actually have to do, but was wondering if its even important.

 

Then your progress is like mine. I have completed main story and currently push materia to face the Top Secret fights for Götterdämmerung. After that I'll do the hard mode playthrough.

 

When I start Chapter 17, I skip the cutscenes, talk twice to Aerith, skip the next cutscene and follow the group. You take the elevator (another cutscene to skip) walk in the room (another cutscene to skip before a fight starts) and have to fight some unknowns followed by another cutscene to skip. After that you have access to Chadley, the elevator to the roof, a vending machine, a bench and the VR sim (spread over multiple rooms - but hard to miss).

 

It is less than 5 minutes until you are there if you skip all cutscenes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2021 at 7:23 AM, In4m471k3r said:

 

Then your progress is like mine. I have completed main story and currently push materia to face the Top Secret fights for Götterdämmerung. After that I'll do the hard mode playthrough.

 

When I start Chapter 17, I skip the cutscenes, talk twice to Aerith, skip the next cutscene and follow the group. You take the elevator (another cutscene to skip) walk in the room (another cutscene to skip before a fight starts) and have to fight some unknowns followed by another cutscene to skip. After that you have access to Chadley, the elevator to the roof, a vending machine, a bench and the VR sim (spread over multiple rooms - but hard to miss).

 

It is less than 5 minutes until you are there if you skip all cutscenes.

Yeah I had a go of this last night, cheers. 

 

Then I had to sto the grind and so started hard mode (again). This time I managed to beat Scorpion even if it was messy as hell, but if I hadn't watched Noobs video guide I wouldn't have known how to use the blast stab move. Anyway wrecked chapter 2 up until Manhunter but never built up my atb after assessing him, so after 3 attempts I skiped assess as its pointless if you know the weaknesses anyway and give neither reward nor trophy and wrecked him on the 4th attempt. Chapter 3 was going ok until I started 'On the prowl' side quest. On hard this is like a boss battle in itself. Even with ice weaknesses it takes next to no damage and using chakra is pointless as when you use it, the beast hits you twice, removing the health you just regained and blocking its attacks still takes around 1200k of your health each time. Only doing it so I can get any many weapon upgrades as possible with SP and hopefully do better later in the game. As of now though, I've not been able to beat on the prowl since last night and my day off is nearly done with lol. 

 

edit

 

Got the dog beat but once again it was very sloppy and only lucky that I managed to win in the end. Cloud was out in 3 hits and so I had to grind the fight out with Tifa. Got that done, chapter 4 Roche almost had me until I realised he mostly does attack lunges and its just a case of watching his pattern. The ghost boss at the slums took me ages but wasn't difficult, just timely due to Cloud and Tifa being crap at air combat. Had fire equipped for magic and it seemed to do the trick. 

 

Saved in the train for chapter 5 and I remember an ambush happens on this part with mini-mechs, so will equip the lightning stuff... If that even works on hard mode. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...