GOT A PS5 AFTER 5 MONTHS OF TRYING!

fresquinho

27 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

congrats. have to make it home safely with console in hand. you won't want to use the ps4 again at least for main console.

21 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Years from now we will be telling our children and grandchildren how difficult times we had to live through, waiting months for a new generation of consoles.. I agree, though, the situation is a joke.

Thank you very much guys, it is an extremely hilarious story yes, it is incredible how it is so hard to get one system 5 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE. I had tried every method I could think of to get a system and no luck until 7 days ago... It was a miracle, the employee at the local gaming store said that they only get like 5 PS5 to 10 in like.. three weeks to four weeks and they sell out immediately. I really feel bad for everyone that could not get it yet, I know the feeling of frustration. I cannot wait to put my hands on this system, I am extremely happy that I also got Spider Man with it too and I have been dowloading PS Plus PS5 games from the PStore on my phone so I have a little extra to play! Thank you!!!!

(I'm just extremely worried about the PS5 Dualsense drifting that I see everywhere)

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

Thank you very much guys, it is an extremely hilarious story yes, it is incredible how it is so hard to get one system 5 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE. I had tried every method I could think of to get a system and no luck until 7 days ago... It was a miracle, the employee at the local gaming store said that they only get like 5 PS5 to 10 in like.. three weeks and they sell out immediately. I really feel bad for everyone that could not get it yet, I know the feeling of frustration. I cannot wait to put my hands on this system, I am extremely happy that I also got Spider Man with it too and I have been dowloading PS Plus PS5 games from the PStore on my phone so I have a little extra to play! Thank you!!!!

(I'm just extremely worried about the PS5 Dualsense drifting that I see everywhere)

Glad you were able to get one. I was able to get mine 2 weeks after it launched. I have 2 dualsense controllers and have used them just about everyday since I got it and I haven't experienced this drifting issue. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

What a Thread. Closed.

LMFAOOOO ?? ? ? 

19 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I had to enlist the help of a friend to set up Chrome extensions to find listings. He ended up snagging me a console after a month or two. As it is, I've barely used it lol...

11 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Glad you were able to get one. I was able to get mine 2 weeks after it launched. I have 2 dualsense controllers and have used them just about everyday since I got it and I haven't experienced this drifting issue. 

I have seen so many videos of drifting problems, that is why I am really scared, thank you! I am happy to see that you didn't have any problems with them so far!

Edited by fresquinho

23 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

So glad you finally got yourself a PS5! Wooo! Grats!

You always been an ass, why does this community have to be so toxic all the time? Guy's excited because he finally nabbed himself a PS5, jesus!

I've had to buy a new controller for the PS5 because I was getting stick drift on the left stick (kept drifting upwards - wasn't really that noticeable whilst playing - noticed it more so on map screens or inventory, two point hospital was a nightmare though, try placing a machine on the grid whilst its trying to float upwards haha!), new controller seems really stable though, had no more issues!

Thank you very much for the positivity! (oh and that nobody who commented here? Lmao Idgaf about toxic people like that, I actually like seeing them pissed. #ApplyColdWaterToBurnedArea) 

See? That what scares me man! I really really hope nothing happens to my controller I really don't wanna send the entire damn console back because of a controller (yes thats how things normally work here). 

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

Now you can enjoy playing all your PS4 games with a worse UI lol

People who can't get one are only really missing out on Demon's Souls and Astro's Playroom tbh. Nothing much out in terms of exclusives for PS5. I've used the controller more than the PS5.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Congratulations mate 1f44d.png

Trying to secure one has been like trying to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut1f606.png

I’ve pretty much decided to just wait a year and try then - if I happen to stumble across one, then i’ll go for it, but in the mean time, eh, screw it.
I reckon I got like a decades worth of unplayed games on my PS4, so those will tide me over 1f602.png

THANK YOU!!!!!!! 

Yes I understand that I have like 582095738 PS4 games in my digital library lmao, but I was really really excited for the new console I seriously could not wait much more time. This is my VERY FIRST TIME EVER buying a console after it's "launch", I have always waited for the Slim versions of consoles so I really hope I do not regret this decision. Waiting is smart I understand that. I hope you love yours when you get it bro!! Thank you for your positive comment and ignore that dude. 

6 minutes ago, den-69 said:

Now you can enjoy playing all your PS4 games with a worse UI lol

People who can't get one are only really missing out on Demon's Souls and Astro's Playroom tbh. Nothing much out in terms of exclusives for PS5. I've used the controller more than the PS5.

I really want Sackboy Adventures too because I am a huge LittleBigPlanet nerd! Demon Souls is not my thing, but I've heard many positive things about that one, it should be a really great game for the fans of that genre!

Thank you! HAHA, I will see how's the UI tomorrow and experience it for myself! 

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

Just now, fresquinho said:

Thank you very much for the positivity! (oh and that nobody who commented here? Lmao Idgaf) 

See? That what scares me man! I really really hope nobody happens to my controller I really don't wanna send the entire damn console back because of a controller (yes thats how things normally work here). 

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think its a massive wide spread issue with the controllers. I hear a lot more people saying they've never had issues, I've never really been unlucky with Sony products so I was just more than happy to buy a replacement.

So happy more and more people are beating the scalpers! Enjoy your PS5!

8 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

That's great, congratulations! You are very lucky that the guy at the store did that for you, that's very kind of him. What are the first few games you're going to play?

Bruh I literally wanted to hug the employee and scream the loudest I could but I didn't want the security to kick me off the store. That guy was amazing, he said that consoles are EXTREMELY HARD to get into their own stores because Sony is sending almost NOTHING. He was awesome, he felt the excitement I had in my eyes when he finally confirmed that a console was coming for me!

I really wanna play Spider Man MM and Sackboy Adventures, I am a huge fan of these two games. I also wanna try the new AC, the last time I played an AC game was in like 2018 holy crap! I hope it is good the new one!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think its a massive wide spread issue with the controllers. I hear a lot more people saying they've never had issues, I've never really been unlucky with Sony products so I was just more than happy to buy a replacement.

So happy more and more people are beating the scalpers! Enjoy your PS5!

Thank you so much one again my friend, I will believe me!! 

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

So glad you finally got yourself a PS5! Wooo! Grats!

You always been an ass, why does this community have to be so toxic all the time? Guy's excited because he finally nabbed himself a PS5, jesus!

I've had to buy a new controller for the PS5 because I was getting stick drift on the left stick (kept drifting upwards - wasn't really that noticeable whilst playing - noticed it more so on map screens or inventory, two point hospital was a nightmare though, try placing a machine on the grid whilst its trying to float upwards haha!), new controller seems really stable though, had no more issues!

I had drift on a dualshock 3. I noticed when playing Ratchet and Clank. I think the whole controller was messed up though. It would open the inventory wheel on its own and he would move where he wanted to go. It was frustrating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

Bruh I literally wanted to hug the employee and scream the loudest I could but I didn't want the security to kick me off the store. That guy was amazing, he said that consoles are EXTREMELY HARD to get into their own stores because Sony is sending almost NOTHING. He was awesome, he felt the excitement I had in my eyes when he finally confirmed that a console was coming for me!

I really wanna play Spider Man MM and Sackboy Adventures, I am a huge fan of these two games. I also wanna try the new AC, the last time I played an AC game was in like 2018 holy crap! I hope it is good the new one!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I’d feel and do the same. Have fun with your new console. I’ve been trying to get one via giveaways, not even knowing if they’re legit or not on Twitter. ?

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Years from now we will be telling our children and grandchildren how difficult times we had to live through, waiting months for a new generation of consoles.. I agree, though, the situation is a joke.

It's a joke only because of people willing to pay to scalpers for consoles. If people wouldn't buy them, the situation wouldn't exist. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Lol, I’d feel and do the same. Have fun with your new console. I’ve been trying to get one via giveaways, not even knowing if they’re legit or not on Twitter. 1f602.png

Thank you very much and yes I also entered giveaways too, I was literally desperate. I am not like this, I am a patient person who can wait for most things but this console was a little different... I really hope I do not regret buying this now because I have always been a guy who waits for the Slim version of the consoles. 

10 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

It's a joke only because of people willing to pay to scalpers for consoles. If people wouldn't buy them, the situation wouldn't exist. 

VERY TRUE. I would never ever get a console from a scalper, NEVER. Even if that meant getting my hands on a PS5 in 2022. 

Edited by fresquinho

1 minute ago, fresquinho said:

Thank you very much and yes I also entered giveaways too, I was literally desperate. I am not like this, I am a patient person who can wait for most things but this console was a little different... I really hope I do not regret buying this now because I have always been a guy who waits for the Slim versions of the consoles. 

Yeah, honestly, this PS5 situation is a disaster. I’m very curious about the PS5 slim/pro versions, I might just wait for those. Hopefully they sell them way better than the standard.

I think it took me like six months when the original Wii came out. Online shopping wasn't all encompassing as it is now so a bunch of us would keep waking up early in the morning, heading to whatever store was getting cargo shipments and wait for hours just to have an employee come out and tell us they didn't get any Wii's in. I had to go to stores on very loose rumors from GameFAQs posters. The irony is Microsoft announced the Xbox 360 Elite model was coming out which I snagged a pre-order for no problem and mostly forgot about my Wii.

Since the whole Wii fiasco I've somehow managed to get every base console at launch.

on the Assassin Creed Valhalla game. i was lucky enough to snag the ps4/ps5 ultimate version for 73-78$ it has gone on sale several times just depends if you want extra stuff on it (cheaper for the base version of course).

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

lol you think it will get better to the point this was unique?  I am willing to bet each generation of console moving forward will be worse for trying to get one, until Sony and Microsoft are only producing 1 or 2 consoles a month at release, continuing until 3 years after launch lol.