How long does it take to boost all the MP trophies (including DLC)?

InvisibleBanana

Not to mention getting the speedrun stops most people from getting the platinum. I honestly think this is one of those games you are better off not going for completion unless you find an extremely dedicated group to boost with.

Edited by dakk55

3 minutes ago, InvisibleBanana said:

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys. I remember having trouble with Hard mode back on the 360. I own it on Steam. I'll just play it there to avoid worrying about completion. 1f44d.png

I've got the plat in this game twice, there's nothing to worry about lol. I know players who are simply average at third-person shooters, and they were able to get the plat just fine. It takes a while and requires patience & practice, but in terms of difficulty, it's 6/10 at best. Online trophies, base game, and DLCs combined will take you around 30/40 hours, but it's the easiest Rockstar's multiplayer set of trophies. A short session (1/2 hours max if coordinated well) with 5 players, and the rest can be done solo/with two players. The entire level 50 grind is best to do solo anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, HaserPL said:

I've got the plat in this game twice, there's nothing to worry about lol. I know players who are simply average at third-person shooters, and they were able to get the plat just fine. It takes a while and requires patience & practice, but in terms of difficulty, it's 6/10 at best. Online trophies, base game, and DLCs combined will take you around 30/40 hours, but it's the easiest Rockstar's multiplayer set of trophies. A short session (1/2 hours max if coordinated well) with 5 players, and the rest can be done solo/with two players. The entire level 50 grind is best to do solo anyway.

Good to know, thanks! I could finished RDR, GTA4, 5 and want to complete this one as well.

On 3.4.2021 at 6:28 PM, Helyx said:

Getting to max level is 40 hours by itself, minimum.

My honest advice is just avoid the game if you're worried about completion.

I second that.

If you care about your completion: avoid or play it on a second account.

If you don't care about your completion: have fun, main game is cool. Multiplayer is horror. 

• Like 2

To be honest this is probably the easiest of the Rockstar games multiplayer wise as all online trophies are quick except the level 50 trophy of course, which requires like 600 rounds of a certain mission on arcade mode and it got pretty boring to do (I've been stuck at level 29 for 3 months now cuz seriously is very boring, today I finally took it back and reached level 31,5) but at least you can do it solo. 

The mission is just 2:30/3 minutes long so 1 hour of playtime means ~18-20 rounds of the same mission, all in all 30+ hours are required to complete the whole multiplayer portion of the game.

100% of the game is probably double the time but you only asked about multiplayer lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

It's not lol, one of the least painful boosts I've ever done.

53Ldae22a.png

Old School Moves
Perform a 720 spin while prone in Nightclub

So refreshing.

• Like 1

On 3.4.2021 at 8:07 PM, HaserPL said:

+1

Exactly. the online and especially lvl50 can be headache, but with boosting partners everything will be fine.

8 hours ago, djb5f said:

OP’s completion rate is 52%.  I don’t think he is too worried about completion.

It is a pretty good game, you should play it.  Grab what trophies you can and then move on.  No reason to avoid!

Yeah, I've jumped around quite a bit over the years before I started getting into trophy hunting. I'm trying to get my completion percentage up as I do care now. Lol. 

Thanks for all the replies guys. I might give it a shot at some point. Maybe I'll try the single player on a separate account and see if that portion is doable for me first. 

22 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Is there method to earn XP while idling (with two consoles)? The level 50 grind is wearing me out. I don't care if it's much slower.

You could farm kills I guess, but there’s no way to achieve anywhere near the same XP/h you can earn playing Ch. 4 in Score Attack. ☹️

I feel your pain though, this level 50 grind is absolutely soul destroying. I’ve done equal or worse grinds in other games before, but for some reason they didn’t feel anywhere near as boring and tedious. I can barely find the motivation to pick up my PS3 controller.

As a compromise, I’ve just been focusing on doing a couple levels per day rather than long sessions like I would normally in a game, and it’s helped ease the pain a little bit. But believe me, I’m going to pop some champagne when this grind is finally over! 20 more levels to go!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Is there method to earn XP while idling (with two consoles)? The level 50 grind is wearing me out. I don't care if it's much slower.

Nope, this is the fastest way. It sucks you dry, I know that very well. You could arrange yourself with doing it every day for half an hour. So it will be over in like 100 days.

• Like 2

all online trophies are fast if done with good team coordination, the "problem" is finding 3 or 4 players for specific multi-kills trophies, and also winning all stages in that standard multiplayer mode which I don’t remember the name of, but it really is not difficult if everyone is organized. this is a game that i would really like to get platinum again one day.

16 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Nope, this is the fastest way. It sucks you dry, I know that very well. You could arrange yourself with doing it every day for half an hour. So it will be over in like 100 days.

in fact the quickest way would be for him to find a lot of players and kill, we did it for one of our boost partners and he got a maximum level in about 10 hours, cut the suffering of solo grinding in the bud.

Thanks for the info everyone! Just getting kills sounds feasible but I'd need multiple inactive players, which takes a lot to coordinate. 

I was thinking something even more low effort: leaving my consoles on and just getting an end of match bonus. Does something like that work? 

Edit: even if I barely get any XP, anything to reduce the grind would help a ton, especially if I'm not active on console. I'm barely over halfway done with it. 

Edited by a3069namebke

13 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Thanks for the info everyone! Just getting kills sounds feasible but I'd need multiple inactive players, which takes a lot to coordinate. 

I was thinking something even more low effort: leaving my consoles on and just getting an end of match bonus. Does something like that work? 

Edit: even if I barely get any XP, anything to reduce the grind would help a ton, especially if I'm not active on console. I'm barely over halfway done with it. 

I'm sure you are kicked for inactivity. your best bet is to find some friends and kill them, a few hours of that should be enough for your maximum level since you already have some progress.

I can't tell exactly how much time it takes to complete all online trophies, but

- when completed all non lvl related MP trophies, I've already gotten level 13-14 (never boosted level before);

- it'll take you around 600 platinum playthroughs of that famous ch.4 p.1 level (or less if you prefer to complete the main campaign first. you also get points for that);

- you can track you level in R* social club website (overall you'll need to get 619 500 XP);

- it took me 3ish weeks of everyday 2-3 hours grind to get from 13 lvl to 50 (not in one run though);

Idk why anyone would say this multiplayer’s boosting is a difficult grind, bc it’s not. With a very dedicated boosting group of at least 5 people—the amount needed for 2 trophies—playing every evening for a few hours, you can get all multiplayer trophies done in less than 3-4 days, and no, that’s not a joke. 

None of the trophies are that difficult to obtain and the only one you may have slight trouble with is Breaking and Entering (the one and only co-op trophy). Don’t let people scare you away from starting the game...get yourself some extra PS3s going and other people looking to do the multiplayer and get it done! ??

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 2

https://www.trueachievements.com/a164240/training-complete-achievement

I did some research and found that there is a way to turbo the game and avoid idle kick (see above link). It is slow, but it will save some tedium and a good number of hours if combined with the arcade mode. Just ordered a second turbo controller to get this done, and I'll report back! 

Also, I do want to echo the that the rest of the trophies were really easy to boost. The level 50 trophy is really the only trophy that is quite a pain to boost, and the rest of the trophies, even if they require so many people, are quite quick to boost when you have the people, It is still worth getting this game despite the level 50 trophy. I put off this game for so long because I was afraid of the online (and a bit NYMHC), and once I started playing it, I just couldn't stop. If you're even thinking of getting it, you should!