AK-1138

Gamey Eggyweggs

2 posts in this topic

Happy Easter! Yes, once again 'tis the season in which we celebrate the miraculous (if temporary) transformation of the reproductive cycle of the rabbit, among other things. The nature and purpose of the "easter eggs" these fuzzy lads and gals so love to leave humankind in eyebrow-furrowingly clandestine nooks and crannies remains one of the few lagomorphine mysteries not to receive a fascinating in-depth explanation by Richard Adams, after all.

...Which, in a feeble attempt to make this even tangentially game-related, now causes me to ask you... what is your favourite egg, or ovoid-adjacent item, from a game? If you just think for a sec, they are a pretty common thing to be seen in a game, isn't it?

For my own sake, it's gotta be the primus motor of that undying platforming classic, Yoshi's Island! These colourful ricocheting projectiles made from digestible enemies have a million uses, and may well bestow upon you an infinitely applicable Annie Oakley-esque dead eye for effortlessly extrapolating aiming lines using a relatively unforgiving crosshair mechanic. You have no idea how many times this selfsame skillset has saved my bacon in games and real life, alike. The game has similarly hardened me to the wailing of babies, but that's neither here nor there.

Eggwhitey then, that's enough cracks outta me, what about you yolks? (Egg puns are hard, give me a break... fast of scrambled eggs!!! Wow! Never mind what I just said, turns out I'm egg-ceptionally passable at them! Wish me luck, I'm off to achieve fame and fortune as Hamm's new sidekick in the Kitchen Kabaret! There's no way a quality show like that isn't still running! Egg-celsior!)

Finally finished all the Easter eggs on Blops3, but my personal favorite would be Peng from Dead Space.