Possible cheat

Sinful_Gwyndolin

I just started playing on PS4 and i made a character then quit out because i made a mistake and clicked confirm by accident. i went onto new game and create a character again except this time all my skill points were at 6. It said genius in all categories. i repeated this again and got the same result multiple times. So i thought i would mess around with this for a little bit as it seemed interesting, now if i repeat it every time i click to create character a signature will be set for me (randomly) and i have the ability to set an additional one. i posted about this on reddit and was told its possible to get every ability to 12, this is possible and it kinda seems to be RNG but its possible. Mess around with it and see what you think :)

Edited by Sinful_Gwyndolin
  • Like 4

I tried out of curiosity after finishing the game and it worked.

It's not consistent 100% of the times but is easily repeatable to have the 6666 result.

Basically you can keep pausing and then going to the main menu from any point of the customized  character creation tab. You don't even have to confirm the creation. When on the main menu all you have to do is check the values in the custom character screen under new game: sometimes they're normal, sometimes they're fucked up.

I then proceeded to make 2 saves, one normal and one hardcore, right when you are in control of the character, with those I hope to rush the game for the remaining trophies when a guide will be posted.

Edited by ZexionPonty92
Typo

I found the necessary steps in a youtube video. Hope that helps:

-start a game

-choose your own character build

-set all points to 1

-press start and return to main menu

-start a new game again -now the game becomes glitchy- choose your own build again.

-all points which you removed before are added to the total of available points.

-repeat the whole process once more. You should have enough points to get all skills to 6.

Its rather fun to play with such a build. You can pass nearly all skill challenges.

• Like 1

due to the fact that from day 3, a bunch of bugs begin to interfere with the progress in the game, I decided to start playing on hardcore until the patch appears. and I decided to play with this bug and really after a couple of minutes it turned out to do everything on 125e1a987f7e0cbd5f6485deb5bece84c2.jpeg

Edited by Zloj_Pes

6 hours ago, Zloj_Pes said:

due to the fact that from day 3, a bunch of bugs begin to interfere with the progress in the game, I decided to start playing on hardcore until the patch appears. and I decided to play with this bug and really after a couple of minutes it turned out to do everything on 125e1a987f7e0cbd5f6485deb5bece84c2.jpeg

Hahaha, i just did this, its kinda fun. Should make the hardcore trophy easier. 

2 hours ago, ID_FRANCE said:

It's great ! Does it work on the PS5 version ?

Yes

1 hour ago, xKingintheNorthx said:

So I can get the 4 main stats to 6, but how do you get all the skills to 12?

Keep doing it. After a while instead of quitting to the main menu, go to the next stage of character creation and the stats will be at 12

• Like 2

Seemingly guaranteed way to get to 12 in all skills (just tried twice):

new game, create own character

bring every option down to 1 then go to skills page

start, main menu, new game. it will look glitchy 

repeat bringing each option down to 1 and starting a new game

at some point several turns in, when you go to create your own character everything will be at 6. accept and go to skills with this. they will all be 12. 

• Like 1

I have a video up on my youtube channel. I walk you through whole process. I also put some tips up there to clear up some skill check confusions and variations. 

I watched the world record runner, some of his choices you cant see. So you will probably get some variations on the run. This video will explain some variations.

Hope this helps everybody. It works with current 1.7 patch! Tested 4/28

*AS OF THE 1.08 PATCH, THIS WORKAROUND NO LONGER WORKS. THISE THAT HAVE FRESH SAVES WITH THE WORAKROUND PRIOR TO THIS PATCH WILL WORK. REMEMBER TO NOT DELETE YOUR FRESH SAVE...

Here is video

Edited by Darkgriffen
Added link for video. Added info about patch, workaround now patched out
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I tried 1.07 and was still working. I was notified that the newest 1.08 patch may have fixed this workaround. I will test it tonight when I get home. If you have a clean save with the workaround make sure you never delete it. Just to be cautious. I will update if it is fixed.

THIS WORKAROUND HAS BEEN PATCHED OUT. I TESTED IT TONIGHT. OLD SAVES WORK WITH NEW PATCH THOUGH. SO DONT DELETE YOUR OLDER WORKAROUND SAVES.

Edited by Darkgriffen
Wrong wording.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2021 at 7:59 AM, Varkovsky said:

Dammit, I just saw this now. I guess it's too late for me to use this exploit?

On the PS4 you could use a program on your computer to stop patches being downloaded (a couple of ways to do it). I imagine it can be done on PS5 too if the glitch is one that is on the 1.00 version of the game. I wouldn't worry though as there is always some other way to get past stuff whatever your stats might be and with max stats the pie trophy would be locked out to you anyhow. Most trophies can be gotten in day 1 if you start with a 6 in one of the categories.

The stats you need to watch out for, from what I've seen, are Authority/Endurance/Conceptualization as they affect the Gluten-Free Topping Pie trophy in Day 3. The medal trophy also requires 4 Authority on Day 3 and needs you to have gotten the medal from Rene which can be done in Day 1, just don't fail his checks. Authority and Endurance need to be 6+ while Conceptualization has to be 4 or below. I started as a Thinker as apparently that is supposed to be the build to use to get trophies... but with Thinker you start with terrible Authority and Endurance while Conceptualization is too high. As such you need to get the "The Litany of Contact Mike" thought on Day 3 so you can slot it into a free slot to lower your Conceptualization right before having the chat with the pie guy for the pie (unequip it afterwards so you don't learn it or if unavoidable to learn, load your game).

Endurance you want to boost to 3 and the rest can be gotten via +1 from the FRITTTE Plastic Rain Coat equipment and +2 from Alcohol if you learn (not just slotted, actually learn it) Revacholian Nationhood which requires you to do some Fascist options, like with Contact Mike you can simply slot it in before talking with the guy on the matter and wait a little bit so you learn it, just make sure you get it learnt to 97-99% up to that point as it takes a while to learn and you don't want it at 0% on Day 3. 

Authority meanwhile can be boosted +1 from a Hat gotten from the person you give the medal to in Day 3... but to give her the medal you need to be after 22:00 which is after the point you can do the pie... so if you wish you could do the medal first, load, then do the event without doing the medal and get the hat much earlier in the day. +1 can be gotten from your ledger if you make it the Oblivion one by throwing out a thing on it. +2 can be gotten from the dead man's boots... so I suppose you can make a save and do the stuff to rob the guy if you want to do the trophy regarding doing the case without clicking on the body. Another +2 can be gotten from having Inexplicable Feminist Agenda available to put into a freeslot (don't learn it) as it will work for the pie trophy (won't for the medal one). The above is +6 by itself which will put you at 7 Authority so you don't need all of this. 

To be clear, the above is if you started as a Thinker. The other two builds you can choose make the trophy less of a hassle. I'd advise making sure you keep some back ups in case of any mistakes. One at the start of Day 2 and another at the start of Day 3 seem good. The above I am aware puts the Thinker in a really bad light and I'm not sure if it actually is bad overall or not for trophies... will need to play some more. If you do pick Thinker then do make sure you search the thoughts listed above so you don't miss them as some can be very easily missed, Feminism for example. 

Edit: Also make sure to buy the headless figure on Day 1 in the pawn shop so you can use it in Day 3. 

Edit 2: The pie requiring 4 or less Conceptualization which is something I had seen out there is incorrect and it is 4+ yes. Also the Feminist bonus when learning it seems to be bugged so you can't use that for +2 authority. One thing useful I've found is the Regular Law Official thought which you get for choosing 4 boring answers is a great one to have if you're trying for these multiple high stat trophies all in one playthrough (Hardies Heroes that I didn't mention is another). It's description seems to be misleading because it boosted the cap for stats far more than it implies in the text. It has -1 inland empire & Shivers but those stats are largely just fun text/lore so lowering them ain't that bad of a thing. Real Musor glitched on me so I'd recommend looking at the thread here regarding it and follow the instructions on avoiding it glitching. 

Edited by Rozalia1
Comment on previous comment
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/06/2021 at 7:09 PM, Varkovsky said:

Thanks for much for the detailed explanation, I'll be sure to refer to this when I get to playing!

I can't see your profile so this may not help you specifically, but others may read this. Refer back to my previous post where I have added in an edit to further help.

• 4 months later...

Ugh, doesn't work with my physical ps4 version, looks like is the 1.13 patch by default. Well I'll replay it again the normal way, besides I was afraid this could enter in conflict with the Massive Torque Dork trophy (needs Encyclopedia & Logic below 3)