AdriWalkedX

Platinum unobtainable on EU version?

19 posts in this topic

I just finished the game yesterday and started to play the battle modes, but i was having a bad time trying to beat the first Battle Mode with Claire, my best time was 7:05. I watched some videos and i realised that the loading screens from EU version are way longer than other versions, so no matter how fast im able to beat the Mode, the loading screens just make It impossible. Is there any way to fix this problem or its just impossible to get the platinum?

Apparently It's possible, though only with a ton of luck and skill but even then you'll only do it by the skin of your teeth. To be honest, I would skip the EU version and get the US release since that's in its native framerate and not a dodgy NTSC => PAL conversion like ours is.

It’s not impossible, but it’s very, very difficult, so I’ve read.
I’m EU too, but I got the US version and even then I was only beating Battle Mode with 15 seconds left, max. So I would never be able to do the EU version, I don’t think!

Edited by KLLMx

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Apparently It's possible, though only with a ton of luck and skill but even then you'll only do it by the skin of your teeth. To be honest, I would skip the EU version and get the US release since that's in its native framerate and not a dodgy NTSC => PAL conversion like ours is.

Yeah, I watched some videos and It is possible actually, but very hard, I also found some strategies for EU version, so I'll give It a try. Thanks for your reply

36 minutes ago, KLLMx said:

It’s not impossible, but it’s very, very difficult, so I’ve read. 
I’m EU too, but I got the US version and even then I was only beating Battle Mode with 15 seconds left, max. So I would never be able to do the EU version, I don’t think! 

I'll probably give It a try once in a while until i beat It, because i don't want to buy the game again, but thanks for your reply

Do the EU and US version share a trophy list? I already own the EU version so if I start it now and get the US version later, can I finish off the difficult stuff

Best think is US version !! 

I made a full plat guide on this a while back (EU) due to requests and forgot to add it here. Have now, all on EU commentated so should answer any questions

Hope it helps ;)

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I made a full plat guide on this a while back (EU) due to requests and forgot to add it here. Have now, all on EU commentated so should answer any questions

Hope it helps ;)

It has a lot of interesting information, It will definitely help me a lot. Thank you so much!

Edited by AdriWalkedX

1 hour ago, AdriWalkedX said:

It has a lot of interesting information, It will definitely help me a lot. Thank you so much!

Oh yea I hope so, I try to explain things along the way as I know we all have curious minds and like to know why we do this, why didnt we do that etc etc ;)

Just remember m8, if u do lose patience, the option is there to get the US version. I honestly just cant make myself make a US account, get a voucher for it, buy the game for it all just for a few trophies and I know some others just dont have the means, so here we are ;)

As a code Veronica veteran due to that I have finished 100% the Dreamcast GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions here are my experiences with this fucker!

Stage 1:Finish the game within 4 hours:

Watched a guide in order to remember some things because a lot of years have passed since my last play through.

Pass 1st half like a breeze.
Started 2nd half and nearly in the end of game I died from the trap with the crystal ball.(I remember that on all console versions I always died there...don’t know why...)

Started again from the 2nd half.Finish the game with time 3:48.

Battle mode:

As long as I saw all the complaints before starting the game I was like “people like to over reacting” let’s do this!!!(the overconfidence that killed me)

Claire A:1st try:6:11

I thought “it isn’t that hard”

After 50 tries:OMFG!!!what’s wrong with the times...fuck this let’s go to another...

Claire B:1st try:8:48

i though “ok that’s not very hard let’s go to Claire A again.I have this!!!”

Claire A:56th try:For the love of god what’s wrong with this game!!!!

Fuck this!into the next one!

Steve:1st try:10:41

I thought “ok I need to do some things faster let’s go!!”

3rd try:went to worm with 2 minutes to spare and this fucker sucked me because I didn’t saw my health was low!!!

8th try:9:40 ok into the next one...

Chris:My god this is the hardest one I’ll leave my bones on the controller...

1st try:6:31 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Manage to do some play throughs but this bitch didn’t want to stay in place.

After a few runs of 6:31 6:33 6:35

15th try 6:21!FU Alexia!

I thought “ok wasn’t that hard now that I have all the experience flow into me let’s finish Claire A and leave Wesker for last!(I know it isn’t hard but it takes time so Claire A)

Claire A (Again!!!!!)

Try 70:Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

Why this seems impossible to beat and what did I do on my first try and missed it for a second?I know!The room with the first hunters is so fucking rng in the way they decide when to die..I’m thinking on giving up...

But no!I did this 3 times in the past I will not lose hope.

Fuck you Claire!

Wesker it’s your time!

Wesker 1st try:DIJ diary on slot machine

(God why?it’s so fucking boring.let’s do this again)

2nd try:16:14

One thing left for platinum:

Claiiiiiiiiire!!!!!!!

Claire A:try 85:Almost a perfect run for me.

Time:6:07

Finally!!!

I can rest easy now...

Thing is that the times are so strict (except Claire B and Wesker) that you need to be accurate as fuck on your runs.I lost too many runs because 1 zombie didn’t die or because something went rng etc.

Even I found it hard to platinum the game(even thought I already did all these 3 times in the past) because of Claire A!

The only advice I can give is to not lose hope and practice!Practice a lot!!!

ps:To be honest the only real nightmare for me was Claire A and nothing else.

Edited by s_a_s_u_k_e

18 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

As a code Veronica veteran due to that I have finished 100% the Dreamcast GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions here are my experiences with this fucker!

Watched a guide in order to remember some things because a lot of years have passed since my last play through.

Started 2nd half and nearly in the end of game I died from the trap with the crystal ball.(I remember that on all console versions I always died there...don’t know why...

Battle mode:

As long as I saw all the complaints before starting the game I was like “people like to over reacting” let’s do this!!!(the overconfident that killed me)

After 50 tries:OMFG!!!what’s wrong with the times...fuck this let’s go to another...

Claire A:56th try:For the love of god what’s wrong with game!!!!

3rd try:went to worm with 2 minutes to spare and this fucker sucked me because I didn’t saw my health was low!!!

I managed to finish Chris with 6:21!FU Alexia!

I thought “ok wasn’t that hard now that I have all the experience flow into me let’s finish Claire A and leave weaker for last!(I know it isn’t hard but it takes time so Claire A)

Claire A (Again!!!!!)

Why this seems impossible to beat and what did I do on my first try and missed it for a second?I know!The room with the first hunters is so fucking rng in the way they decide when to die..I’m thinking on giving up...

Fuck you Claire!

Wesker it’s your time!

Claiiiiiiiiire!!!!!!!

Finally!!!

I can rest easy now...

Thing is that the times are so strict (except Claire B and Wesker) that you need to be accurate as fuck on your runs.I lost too many runs because I zombie didn’t die or because a zombie went rng etc.

Even I found it hard to play the game(even thought I already did all these 3 times in the past) because of Claire A!

This guy is a beast when it comes to resident evil! Thank you for your advices!!!

19 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Started 2nd half and nearly in the end of game I died from the trap with the crystal ball.(I remember that on all console versions I always died there...don’t know why...

Battle mode:

As long as I saw all the complaints before starting the game I was like “people like to over reacting” let’s do this!!!(the overconfident that killed me)

Claire A:56th try:For the love of god what’s wrong with game!!!!

I managed to finish Chris with 6:21!FU Alexia!

I thought “ok wasn’t that hard now that I have all the experience flow into me let’s finish Claire A and leave weaker for last!(I know it isn’t hard but it takes time so Claire A)

Claire A (Again!!!!!)

Fuck you Claire!

Wesker it’s your time!

Claiiiiiiiiire!!!!!!!

Finally!!!

I can rest easy now...

Thing is that the times are so strict (except Claire B and Wesker) that you need to be accurate as fuck on your runs.I lost too many runs because I zombie didn’t die or because a zombie went rng etc.

Even I found it hard to play the game(even thought I already did all these 3 times in the past) because of Claire A!

Actually Claire A it's the only one i've been trying really hard, the rest i just played them a few times to see what was coming. Chris looks impossible to me right now, it's more or less like Claire A but with the worst Boss in the game, i Saw that the strategie for the second part of the fight is tapping R1 to auto aim her all the time, but still, it's very difficult to see if i hitted her or if i missed. And Claire A... I think that i need to be extremely Lucky with the rng from the first hunters, because that's where i lose a lot of time. I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll be able to get It sooner or later, but still, this is one of the hardest things i've done for a trophy.

39 minutes ago, AdriWalkedX said:

Actually Claire A it's the only one i've been trying really hard, the rest i just played them a few times to see what was coming. Chris looks impossible to me right now, it's more or less like Claire A but with the worst Boss in the game, i Saw that the strategie for the second part of the fight is tapping R1 to auto aim her all the time, but still, it's very difficult to see if i hitted her or if i missed. And Claire A... I think that i need to be extremely Lucky with the rng from the first hunters, because that's where i lose a lot of time. I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll be able to get It sooner or later, but still, this is one of the hardest things i've done for a trophy.

Chris 2nd phase boss fight is not that hard if you know how to corner her.if you manage to corner her you need 10’ to finish the fight.if you try to do it without cornering her it’s impossible in EUROPEAN version I think.

Also hunter room 1 is so fucked up.I believe it messed up 90% of my runs

Edited by s_a_s_u_k_e

I got 100% in the PS3 HD version and I didnt enjoy that one bit, so no way was I gonna go for a worse version even if it does have a platinum. We really got screwed by the PAL ports, retro gaming for PAL in general is a much inferior experience to NTSC.

12 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I got 100% in the PS3 HD version and I didnt enjoy that one bit, so no way was I gonna go for a worse version even if it does have a platinum. We really got screwed by the PAL ports, retro gaming for PAL in general is a much inferior experience to NTSC.

To tell the truth the only reason I wanted the platinum is because I have all the European platinums for the resident evil series except the online ones and I learned for cv PS4 2 weeks ago and I wanted to give it a try.but man it was difficult as hell!

i was wondering if playing the EU version on a ps5 fixes the problem? anyone know? i have the EU version in my library and not sure if i should start it or not

my friend is suffering in the EU Version and thinking of getting it NTSC 

do the trophies share the same list or does he has to redo everything to count 

I believe it is because the EU version didn't receive a patch which "Fixed time calculation (affected No Time To Kill trophy)." :hmm:

Late to the conversation, but;

On 16/04/2021 at 4:01 AM, jiichangmin said:

i was wondering if playing the EU version on a ps5 fixes the problem? anyone know? i have the EU version in my library and not sure if i should start it or not

- Playing on the PS5 won't make a difference; it's not a performance issue, but rather that the EU version is coded to run at 50 frames per second instead of 60, due to the PAL/NTSC standards at the time, but that the Battle Game timer isn't frame based.

On 05/04/2021 at 7:56 PM, jiichangmin said:

Do the EU and US version share a trophy list? I already own the EU version so if I start it now and get the US version later, can I finish off the difficult stuff

On 30/05/2021 at 0:47 AM, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

my friend is suffering in the EU Version and thinking of getting it NTSC 

do the trophies share the same list or does he has to redo everything to count 

- The EU and US versions do, in fact, share a trophy list, but saves are not compatible. I didn't know about this issue until I started playing Battle Mode (though I did wonder why the game ran like crap), but I switched over to the US version- had to do another playthrough to unlock Battle Mode, but trophies went in the same list.