How to See Vertical Trophy list on PS5

FielVeredus

59 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Ah yes. PS3 trophy lists. I too loved to wait 45 minutes for my trophies to sync, before it fails to sync, then repeating that process to attempt to view it. That was the best trophy list.

I take it you never set it to offline mode?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.pngYou forgot the added pleasure of going in to the specific list for a game, then coming back out to the main trophy list and it hanging for a solid 10 minutes before you can do anything

You can bypass that by exiting the game though. In some cases, that's not ideal but it saves time.

3 hours ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

You can bypass that by exiting the game though. In some cases, that's not ideal but it saves time.

Nope - you definitely can’t ?

I know that for a fact, as I use a PS4 controller for my PS3 now exclusively, and so I have no way to get back to the xmb while still in game.

Any time I’m in the trophy list, there is no game running, (because it’s literally not possible for me to see the xmb when one is) and trust me - it still does that 10 minute hang! :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Im with ya bud

its only a 90second sync at best

dont listen to these other guys and their 10minute uploads

Lol Back when I used my PS3 regularly it would take almost 5 minutes to sync, and would even take multiple attempts to even sync. PS3 trophies were the worst iteration at this point.

Why does it seem like Sony trying to make things easier makes it more complicated for some of you? Guess gamers are just a fickle people these days. I’ve never even used the PS5 and I can tell it’s better than the 4 or 3 for that matter, to say the 4 or 3 systems were better is just absurd.

7 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol Back when I used my PS3 regularly it would take almost 5 minutes to sync, and would even take multiple attempts to even sync. PS3 trophies were the worst iteration at this point.

Why does it seem like Sony trying to make things easier makes it more complicated for some of you? Guess gamers are just a fickle people these days. I’ve never even used the PS5 and I can tell it’s better than the 4 or 3 for that matter, to say the 4 or 3 systems were better is just absurd.

Well i actually DO own a ps5 and i speak from personal experience, not just some biased opinion because i can just tell

the trophy section is ugly as F and its a clear vote that the majority of the people who actually own a ps5, dont like the trophy layout

forget about the syncing for a moment and just view the trophy collection/cabinets on ps3 or even ps4 for that matter, its just a cleaner look on older hardware but you cant actually make that side by side comparison now can you

PS5 is actually more complicated and everything has extra steps now to it but im sure with youre gut feeling and all knowing intuition, you already sensed that

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Im with ya bud

its only a 90second sync at best

dont listen to these other guys and their 10minute uploads

This depends on how many games you own and how fast your Internet speed is. Playing ps3 games on psnow is a solid 10+ minutes for the ps3 trophy list to load for me. 

The more games you have the longer it takes to sync. 

8 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Well i actually DO own a ps5 and i speak from personal experience, not just some biased opinion because i can just tell

the trophy section is ugly as F and its a clear vote that the majority of the people who actually own a ps5, dont like the trophy layout

forget about the syncing for a moment and just view the trophy collection/cabinets on ps3 or even ps4 for that matter, its just a cleaner look on older hardware but you cant actually make that side by side comparison now can you

PS5 is actually more complicated and everything has extra steps now to it but im sure with youre gut feeling and all knowing intuition, you already sensed that

I too hate the menu system on the ps5, it's faster to browse games on sale on the ps4 then ps5. Half the deals of the week don't even appear on the ps5 store. 

Faster to cloud save on ps4 too. 

Almost all the menus on ps5 are more complicated than they need to be. 

You also can't play sound from your TV and headset at the same time. And you have to wear a headset to hear the party chat, just doesn't come out of the TV at all. 

It's genuinely annoying how bad the settings and menus are. 

• Like 1

The only way to do it is to compare your trophies with someone else and its lists it vertical. otherwise you're stuck with an ugly looking horizontal list and unsupported gamer cards that just clutter up your home press and tell you nothing.

The only thing the PS5 UI has going for it is the fact it's faster to and quicker to load things, otherwise it's pretty bad. 

Sony tried to fix something that wasn't broken and they've failed spectacularly.

Edited by Dan-lives-here
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I really wish they would change the following too:

Be able and use themes again. That was on of my favorite things about the PS4 and made everything unique

change the trophy popping icon sound back

What trophy popping sound? ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Lol sounds like a lot of first world problems, I’m sure you’ll get used to it, not to mention they’ll probably make it better over time much like they did with the PS4 UI. It seems a lot simpler to me, you’re just used to PS4 after years of gaming on that system. Give it some time. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

10 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You always force your opinions on other people and if they disagree with you they are "absurd" or any synonym of it. Completely closed to any opinion other than your own. Some people prefer PS3 or PS4 trophy lists, me included. I'm friends with other people who feel similarly. It's not at all "absurd" to think anything other than the PS5 has the best list. The PS5 trophy list is very visually unappealing, far worse than ps3 or ps4. The PS3 had the slowest trophy list but the best looking one in my opinion.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

You always force your opinions on other people and if they disagree with you they are "absurd" or any synonym of it. Completely closed to any opinion other than your own. Some people prefer PS3 or PS4 trophy lists, me included. I'm friends with other people who feel similarly. It's not at all "absurd" to think anything other than the PS5 has the best list. The PS5 trophy list is very visually unappealing, far worse than ps3 or ps4. The PS3 had the slowest trophy list but the best looking one in my opinion.

Lol I’m not “forcing my opinions” on anybody, by that logic you’re “forcing your opinion” on me right now. You can prefer what you want but it doesn’t mean it’s better. Lol There are objective truths in the world. I see you been watching The Walking Dead. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

3 hours ago, Deadvember said:

You also can't play sound from your TV and headset at the same time. And you have to wear a headset to hear the party chat, just doesn't come out of the TV at all. 

This is the most annoying part with the PS5 imo. There is a trick to get voice chat through tv when not using headset. 

I believe it was @Helyx that posted this video to me in another thread. 

17 hours ago, Quink666 said:

This is the most annoying part with the PS5 imo. There is a trick to get voice chat through tv when not using headset. 

I believe it was @Helyx that posted this video to me in another thread. 

Thanks but that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. You shouldn't have to cut up some headphones as a work around for a brand new console.

There's so many examples of the ps4 menus being 100x better, I don't know how they managed to fuck up every single option and make the ps5 more annoying to use.

• Like 1

On 4.4.2021 at 6:06 PM, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Ps3 trophy list still the best 

I think the Vita has the best list. You can sort your games per alphabet, completion, last played. You can also do this when comparing trophies. Everything syncs fast enough. You can switch between online and offline view easily. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, PS3 trophy list is ny far the best. As the generations have passed by, the trophy lists got worse with PS5 definitely being at the top with it’s terrible horizontal list even if there as a way around it.

The reason why I think PS3s list is the best is because it’s quick to view and i just love the layout of it. Whilst the syncing operation can take time depending on internet connection speed and the quantity of games, to see a set of trophies for a game, it’s very quick. You can either set it to offline and it stops syncing. Even if it does start to sync offline, you can cancel it and view the trophies. You can view trophies via xmb with game in the background which if not all the time, most the time pauses the game which I miss on the next gen consoles.

Overall for me, PS3s trophy list and in general navigation of the UI is better than both next gen consoles. As the consoles ‘improved and advanced’ the UI just got more difficult and everything is slightly harder to find and navigate, not that it’s not easy but compared to PS3, yeah it’s just not as simple

• Like 1