Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown-rated-for-ps4-in-korea

??

So it got rated in Korea. For some e-sports stuff. Fair do's. Well happy!

I know we've already played it years ago, and arcade mode is playable in Yakuza....but damn ive been waiting for any VF news for a very long time. 

I main Brad and Jeffrey with a dabble of Wolf every now and again. 

If this somehow leads to VF6, or even simply sets the ball rolling towards it, it is a blessing. Sega dont know what theyre sitting on. Dont put your characters in DoA. We want Virtua Fighter 6. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, Vergil said:

Yeeeeah.

Controversial but i dont pay full price for video games anymore (im trying to slay my backlog AND trying to save money!) Buuuuut for this i'll go full price, even though i expect it to be budget priced.

With all that furore around the "days gone" dev guy whinging about f***ing buying the game at full price or something if they want a sequel i figure i might just see if it works. 

Bring it on! 

• 1 month later...

Check out the trailer for Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown! SEGA of America announced today that Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown will launch worldwide as a PlayStation®4 digital exclusive. Remade for a new generation of fighting game fans as part of SEGA’s 60th Anniversary project, the definitive edition of the fifth installment in SEGA’s iconic Virtua Fighter series enters the ring on June 1, 2021.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 0:06 PM, DBO2299 said:

Going to be the first time I play this series. Hopefully the plat isn’t too hard. 

Sad to find out there is no plat. 

Still, i'll smash out 100% no question. 

There isnt a "Brad" trophy so im a little sad but there are "Jeffrey" and "Wolf" ones so im kinda happy. 

On 25/05/2021 at 0:53 PM, ziggypossum said:

wow.. this is a slap in the face. PS exclusive, no Crossplay, nothing new, probably no rollback, i hope enough people try it next month and don't stop playing after a few matches due to 90% of the player base being veterans, otherwise it's dead on arrival. Virtua Fighter is a decade behind series like Tekken, SC and Street Fighter so PS only is bold to say the least.

• 1 year later...