Deluziion90

PS4 <> PS5 autopop trophies how?

11 posts in this topic

I see some people stack the PS4+PS5 version but is there even a free version available?

I bought the PS5 disk version but have to pay full price for the ps4 version. Anything I'm missing or is it only ps4 to ps5 free digital?

Digital has ps4 and ps5 full game the disk only 1 ps4 or ps5 and no option for both 

If you have PS4 disc you can play both version PS4 and PS5, free upgrade available for PS4 disc but there is no such option for PS5 disc

It's like every other game with a free upgrade.

You get both the PS4 and PS5 versions if buying digital. 

And with a PS4 disc, you get the digital PS5 version.

The ONLY two exceptions that give you downloadable PS4 versions with a PS5 disc are NBA 2K21 (assuming you purchase the $100 Kobe edition), and Hitman 3 (iOi included a digital PS4 code in every PS5 case since the game has a VR mode, but since the PSVR isn't native with PS5 games, they gave everyone the PS4 version to experience it in VR if they wanted.)

Can anybody say is the save data server side or do you have to have a save file to pop the trophies on the ps5 version if you played ps4 first.  I'd like to just play it again to earn all the trophies and not have the trophies auto pop is that even possible?

Edit:  never mind I found out the answer it's saved server side.  Once again can't avoid the auto pop if you wanna play the other version.  too many of the cross generation games are like this it's no fun.  Great game with a great reason to play through the entire thing again being that it has 4 characters with a different skill set. I figured might as well earn the trophies again with another character but it won't happen.

Edited by steel6burgh

I have a question which is both on Outriderd and all the other PS4->PS5 games. I'll go with an example because it's easier to me explain my doubt that way.

So, let's say I play Outriders and unlock 70% of the throphies on PS4 than Chuck Norris gives to me a PS5 out of pity (can't think to a more realistic way to get one) so I start play Outriders on PS5. Thanks to you guys now I know that the first time I'll play Outriders on PS5 I'll auto-pop the very same 70% of thse trophies on the PS5 version of the game and then I can keep playing on PS5 with my PS4 save data.

Now, let's say I get the Outriders's platinum on PS5, if I'll play it again on PS4 will I be able to auto-pop those trophies on the PS4 just like the first time I play on PS5?

Thank you in advance :D

1 hour ago, Konzel-Erre said:

I have a question which is both on Outriderd and all the other PS4->PS5 games. I'll go with an example because it's easier to me explain my doubt that way.

So, let's say I play Outriders and unlock 70% of the throphies on PS4 than Chuck Norris gives to me a PS5 out of pity (can't think to a more realistic way to get one) so I start play Outriders on PS5. Thanks to you guys now I know that the first time I'll play Outriders on PS5 I'll auto-pop the very same 70% of thse trophies on the PS5 version of the game and then I can keep playing on PS5 with my PS4 save data.

Now, let's say I get the Outriders's platinum on PS5, if I'll play it again on PS4 will I be able to auto-pop those trophies on the PS4 just like the first time I play on PS5?

Thank you in advance :D

Yes they will autopop. Everything is server stored so it will track your stats through that.

I switched between PS4 & PS5 and each time every trophy popped at the main screen except one DLC trophy.

On 28/01/2022 at 11:36 PM, Helyx said:

I switched between PS4 & PS5 and each time every trophy popped at the main screen except one DLC trophy.

So if I installed and played the PS5 version and got a trophy, then loaded up the PS4 version I'd get the trophy for that as well? Plan on playing this soon to get some of the bigger games I brought and never played out of the way.

2 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

So if I installed and played the PS5 version and got a trophy, then loaded up the PS4 version I'd get the trophy for that as well?

Yup. About every 30%, I'd log into the other version (I switched between them) and any progress (including trophies) was instantly reflected at the main menu.