afraid to Plat this game due to difficulty ratings being 10/10 - how hard is it to Plat this game?

i havent played a devil may cry game for FIFTEEN YEARS.

i will need some practise. i might start with devil may cry 3 as that was my first ever playstation game. i remember DMD was tough but i got through it, but was never good at combos. i might do devil may cry 1 but am put off by it being an older, clunkier game that could result in DMD/plat being harder.

i suspect DMC5 is probably the hardest but i am hoping with experience that the plat will eventually become reachable. i like to get thoughts on those who have the Plat or who are well on their way to it please.

the game looks like fun but being a platinum hunter i am somewhat afraid by its difficulty rating

Honestly, don't be put off by the rating which is definitely NOT a 10/10 difficulty. For Newcomers to the game, it would more likely be an 8! I have personally Platinumed it 3 times now, once on an old account and twice on this account and I can definitely say that it isn't as hard as once was thought. Sure, the Hell and Hell mode can be frustrating at first, but with  practice, careful play and the fact that there is a lot of very helpful information on both here and YouTube, it is more than manageable! There are also a few sticky levels to get the S Ranks on Dante Must Die, but it is more down to keeping the Combos at certain fights than anything else! Devil May Cry 3 would be a great place to start, but 4 would set the tone brilliantly as a lot of the mechanics carry over to 5, like the ability to swap Dantes Stances on the fly. Just see how you feel, but it is a brilliant game that I wouldn't have any issues in recommending to anyone! ?

• Like 3

I've plat it on PS4 regular version + 100% all DLCs and, it's not that hard, it takes time and patience, memorizing all enemies attacks and developing your strategy.

You can also legally cheat some moments with some weapon of one of the characters. In other words, game is fun and not 10/10, unless you got used to Youth Oriented and IGN Approved games.

• Like 1

I have platinumed the PS2 trilogy. They were tough, even though I already played them in the past and hack n slash games are games in which I am good. Personal opinion not a 10/10 but yes an 8/10, maybe a 9/10 for DMC3. I have not played DMC5 but it seems a 9/10. The trilogy can be overcomeby grinding objects if you are having a bad time, but that is not the idea but if you are stuck just do it. Maybe that is why the trilogy platinums rarity are not lower, peple tend to grind items for DMD difficulties, but DMC5 requires combosamd S ranks so in that game you MUST suffer. 

I am not also a very good player with combos, like B-A average in DMC3, sometimes S, but without items it was reaaaaally hard to beat kn DMD, but if you grind items, platinum difficulty is a 6 lr a 5/10 but more time consuming.

Great games btw, but yes I will not lie to you, they are hard,and if youdo not havr the PAL version in PS3 of DMC trilogy... you will have to BEAT BLOOD PALACE WITHOUT THE GLITCH, and it was really hard and boring in my personal opinion that I have the US copy.

9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

If you fear that the difficulty  of this plat could stop you at having a 100% account, just play it on a blank account, and if you manage to get all trophies, synch it with your main.

He can do that I mean, but if his PSN acc is with his main user, can he sign in again with his accountt in a secondary user in his PS3/PS4? Even though he is already logged in his main user

I'll be playing the Series X version. Still get to play a great game, no pressure to 100% but still get some points for my Gamer Score. Now to just find a damn Series X already, I was lucky to get a PS5 so maybe I can pull it off again

21 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

He can do that I mean, but if his PSN acc is with his main user, can he sign in again with his accountt in a secondary user in his PS3/PS4? Even though he is already logged in his main user

Yes, all he  needs  to do is delete his main account (only on the ps4, the psn servers will always have it registered), and then add e-mail and password to the blank account with the dmc 5 plat, so that he can access again with the main account.

• Like 1