How does Master Swordsman trophy work?

iGGTheEnd

So from what I understand is that you get the Masa relic and put it onto the altar that carries it over to next run.  I did that and it turned into Mune and I did a full run with Mune and cycled through every single relic in the game and Masa didnt show up that run even though I went through every relic in the game and only hot cross buns were showing up.

Do I have to die with Mune and then both of them get added to the loot pool?  

Edit: Masa won't show up in the run that you take Mune off of the Altar I did 2 runs before I figured that out while cycling through every other relic in the game.  So you need to grab Mune off the altar after transforming it and then either finish the run or die.  Then you need to find both in the same run for the trophy.

Also you can only find one Altar per game so if you find it before finding Masa to put on the altar you will have to start another run.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I got my Master Swordsman last night after trying a variation of seeds. I am going to replicate the seed used on my 2nd account and report back. From what I understand from some reddit posts is that seed drops can change if you have beaten the game or other conditions. I observed consistent behaviors in my runs with my seed that helped me to earn the trophy, such as floor layout, potions, curses, and relics drops. Of course, anyone going for this trophy should try to get it done first; however, it is the least obvious trophy to earn. Ergo, my research is for those who have everything else done and have this one left over. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mr Frog said:

Hello 

Can't find this "mune" relic with several run, how did you do it? 

You have to put Masa on the Altar that saves an item for another run, when you find the altar in the next run it will then be Mune.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5.4.2021 at 5:04 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

Edit: Masa won't show up in the run that you take Mune off of the Altar I did 2 runs before I figured that out while cycling through every other relic in the game.  So you need to grab Mune off the altar after transforming it and then either finish the run or die.  Then you need to find both in the same run for the trophy.

Also you can only find one Altar per game so if you find it before finding Masa to put on the altar you will have to start another run.

Hey thanks for All your Feedback in all the rouge like games,  i followed a lot of your advices also in Curse of the Dead Gods.

Question regarding your advice here, do you mean i need to take of mune from the altar, die or end the run and need to find both mune and masa in one run? So it is not possible to let it on the altar until finding masa again and fuse the masamune with this and the mune from the altar?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:55 AM, Inuty said:

Hey thanks for All your Feedback in all the rouge like games,  i followed a lot of your advices also in Curse of the Dead Gods.

Question regarding your advice here, do you mean i need to take of mune from the altar, die or end the run and need to find both mune and masa in one run? So it is not possible to let it on the altar until finding masa again and fuse the masamune with this and the mune from the altar?

Sorry I didnt see your reply until I saw you already got the plat.  

But for anyone else looking at this thread yes pretty much how you explained it.  Gotta take it off and end run then find both.

Glad my advice has helped rogulites are my favorite genre and I love figuring out how to break them haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Sorry I didnt see your reply until I saw you already got the plat.  

But for anyone else looking at this thread yes pretty much how you explained it.  Gotta take it off and end run then find both.

Glad my advice has helped rogulites are my favorite genre and I love figuring out how to break them haha.

Haha yeah yesterday before my bedtime i did make a Backup save and tried your Suggestion and understood why you need to take of mune and end the run. Otherwise mune is not in the relict Pool of items you can get. 

I was pretty lucky, masa was sold by one of the merchant before entering the mine so i could buy it and put in on an altar instantly.

After mune was in the relict Pool i started a New run and exhausted the relict Pool with transmuting the existing relicts at the merchant in the mines. It will only get a New relict if it already has a relict at the merchant. A relict will never appartement twice it seems, so if you roll through all of the relicts once you will definitely get the masa and mune that way.

8 hours ago, Inuty said:

Haha yeah yesterday before my bedtime i did make a Backup save and tried your Suggestion and understood why you need to take of mune and end the run. Otherwise mune is not in the relict Pool of items you can get. 

I was pretty lucky, masa was sold by one of the merchant before entering the mine so i could buy it and put in on an altar instantly.

After mune was in the relict Pool i started a New run and exhausted the relict Pool with transmuting the existing relicts at the merchant in the mines. It will only get a New relict if it already has a relict at the merchant. A relict will never appartement twice it seems, so if you roll through all of the relicts once you will definitely get the masa and mune that way.

Ya that's how I figured out that mass doesn't spawn if you've grabbed mine off the altar I rerolled everything and it didn't spawn I thought my game was bugged so I reloaded save and did it again,  that's when I realized I needed to start a new run after grabbing it.

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:19 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya that's how I figured out that mass doesn't spawn if you've grabbed mine off the altar I rerolled everything and it didn't spawn I thought my game was bugged so I reloaded save and did it again,  that's when I realized I needed to start a new run after grabbing it.

@Inuty & @iGGTheEnd

Would either of you be able to please elaborate on how you're cycling through the item pool at merchants? In the Undermine, the health transmuter eventually breaks, and money seems way too scarce to get many uses out of the gold transmuter in the Othermine. 

Thank you for the help! 

EDIT:

To those who come after, I believe the folks in this thread are referring to Potion Looping. I didn't have Rainbow Kernels, so was unable to test it, but it may be something to aim for if you're struggling with Masamune or the Golden Idol. 

Edited by Sukwendo

• 1 year later...

I must be doing something wrong here. I started new game and stored the masa in the relic altar. Then i ended my run,died. And when i get back to the altar its still masa, and in my book it say that mune is unlocked and it cost 1 purple gem but there is no marking on it like the others i have not crafted with blueprint.

also i havent completed the game on this savefile and have a much lower variety og blueprints since i havent unlocked anything to make my relic pool as small as possible.

And in my main user i kindof not getting either of them, although on main user i have gotten masa 3 times, but never placed it on the relic altar, and i guess thats why mune is grayed out on that user.

running undermine