Recommend movie based games on PS3

ShahinMiah

As the title suggests, please list down any good or any at all PS3 games that are based off of their movies. For example, Megamind, Puss in Boots, Disneys Up, The Amazing Spiderman etc. Of course these games I already own and now looking to expand this collection of genre.

I don’t know what it is but something really attracts me to these movie based games despite their graphics and frame rates. Perhaps it’s the genre itself knowing that they’re based off of movies despite not following the actual story? Well, I just wished developers continued to carry on with this genre on to next gen consoles such as the PS4 as there aren’t any, if at all, games from this genre.

But thank you for all suggestions and I’ve just bought Green Lantern so you can cross that one out :) 

• Like 1

Disney Pixar Brave

X-Men Origins Wolverine

The Godfather I & II

Bourne

Wanted Weapons of Fate (?) (Pretty sure it's based on a movie. Still in my backlog waiting to be played, third person shooter with bullet time)

Stranglehold (John Woo)

Ice Age 3 & 4

Toy Story 3 and Toy Story Mania

Men in Black Alien Crisis (?) (Not sure if it's good but I remember this is one of the few easy plats on ps3)

Captain America Super Soldier

Rango

Lord of the Rings War in the North (online trophy)

Star Trek

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 (?) (Not exactly based off of a movie but they are canon and go between some Star Wars movies)

Some Madagascar games

Ironman 2

G-Force

Rambo The Videogame (LOL no)

• Like 2

I totally agree that it sucks that movie tie in games have sort of stopped. When I was young most of my favourite games were those just because I would pick up games with characters or movies I knew on the cover.

X-Men Origins Wolverine

Way better than the movie it was based on and a real love letter to Wolverine fans. Wish it could've been a standalone game just so it wouldn't have had to tie in to the movie storyline.

Toy Story 3
Doesn't really follow the story of the film but still fun. Really polished nice looking game that's fun even if you're an adult. Best part is getting to play the Buzz Lightyear level from the beginning of the second film.

Tron Evolution

Just platinumed this last night. It has a proper story that is meant to be set before Tron Legacy. It looks really cool to be playing around in the world of Tron. It's not the greatest game but for the price you'll pay nowadays for it, it's worth it. It has a few online trophies that can be earned in less than half an hour with another person. I was genuinely surprised to learn the servers were still up.

The Amazing Spider-Man

A decent open world Spider-Man game that continues the story of the movie but it takes it in some weird directions that wouldn't work in a movie. Not as good as Spider-Man 2 or the PS4 one but still good.

The Lego games

These are always good fun and usually follow the story of a movie series. The ones I'd recommend are Indiana Jones 1 (no trophies), Star Wars The Complete Saga (no trophies), both Harry Potter games, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lego Movie. Haven't played Jurassic World or Star Wars The Force Awakens yet but I've heard good things.

Ghostbusters the Video Game 

Basically the third film. It's so much fun and it literally feels you're back in the 90s and a new Ghostbusters film has come out. The gameplay is nothing special but the story, characters and dialogue are what made me love it. Servers have been shut down so you can't get the platinum  for it (you can on PS4 though)

Back to the Future The Game

Continues the story after the film trilogy with a new story. It's a Telltale game but it's more about puzzles and doing quests than making choices like the The Walking Dead. The story is good but it gets a bit cartoony at times. It would be hard to imagine this as a film with the real actors. If you're getting it, go for the full game instead of individual episodes on PSN. You'll get a platinum that way.

Other games I've heard good things about  but haven't played myself are the Wanted game, Lord of the Rings Conquest, Lord of the Rings War in the North, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2, and the Captain America game

• 1 year later...
On 05/04/2021 at 10:00 AM, tony_snake_24 said:

Disney Pixar Brave

X-Men Origins Wolverine

The Godfather I & II

Bourne

Wanted Weapons of Fate (?) (Pretty sure it's based on a movie. Still in my backlog waiting to be played, third person shooter with bullet time)

Stranglehold (John Woo)

Ice Age 3 & 4

Toy Story 3 and Toy Story Mania

Men in Black Alien Crisis (?) (Not sure if it's good but I remember this is one of the few easy plats on ps3)

Captain America Super Soldier

Rango

Lord of the Rings War in the North (online trophy)

Star Trek

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 (?) (Not exactly based off of a movie but they are canon and go between some Star Wars movies)

Some Madagascar games

Ironman 2

G-Force

Rambo The Videogame (LOL no)

The Force Unleashed games aren't canon

Green Lantern Rise of the Man Hunters was a game I rented from my local Library yonks ago, I remember it being reletively good.

Some of the Harry Potter games are pretty good, the best being Half Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows part 2 is also okay.

Captain America Super Soldier is Batman Arkham Asylum lite.

Cars 2 is very fun, don't know about Cars 3 but I hear it's similar.

Back to the Future by telltale is great.

Adventures of TinTin is real good fun.

Edited by breakingthegreen

Megamind was a good game, fun earning the platinum too.

Rango, bit of a grind but alright game.

Iron man 2 was amazing, loved playing through it.

Puss in boots was interesting, i thought the sword fighting was unique.

Where the wild things are is a fantastic game and very fun, i have not seen the film yet but highly recommend the game, hidden gem i discovered.

I had a good time with The Godfather II. Taking over various rackets and wiping out the other families was proved quite enjoyable. 

Stay away from Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole! You have to beat it once with each type of owl for a total of 4 times and it's very boring.

Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4) was excellent and is basically the sequel fans have always wanted. There is a PS3 version (hence the remaster) but it has MP trophies which I believe are unobtainable now.

Alien Isolation was also another sequel fans wanted and was an intense experience. The atmosphere, sound design, and art were perfect. Again I only played the PS4 version but there is PS3 one too.

Tell Tale made 4 part Jurassic Park series that was decent but a little clunky. Not sure if it is still available though.

There's Disney Pixar's Up, I didn't play but my brother put it on my profile back in the day. After finishing that damn Owls game I had no patience to do Up so it sits uncompleted to this day sadly. 

That's everything from my list of played games I think. Godfather,  Ghostbusters , and Alien Isolation are definitely must play but I'd probably get the last 2 on the PS4 as they probably run better.