Red Bull X1 challenge

Robert_Grygas

Hello everyone, I have been struggling with this challenge for a month and it is beyond my capabilities and I do not have a steering wheel, it is definitely difficult.

Maybe there is someone to advise me or help me in these 3 races, after all I am so frustrated

That I will accept help.

Edited by RobertGrygas

I suggest trying to race with the car in a circuit you feel comfortable with. 

Run laps until you feel familiar with the movement on the controller and start feeling how much you need to move analog stick for the car to steer. 

Then start the challenge but dont aim for gold. Aim for finishing one lap. When you do so, try to finish a second one without having time on your mind. Then you can slowly start getting times close to bronze, silver and gold as you get better with each try. I did all 3 with a controller and its totally doable. Monza was the easiest as you already know ( took me 2-3 hours ) , Nurburgring took me maybe 3 times that ( close to 6 hours ). Suzuka is on another level by itself. But when you get there, you start all along from the beginning. One lap, two laps, no time, any time, bronze, silver, closing to gold, gold ! Patience and an obvious advice : when you are frustrated, get back to it a bit later with a more clear head.

Good luck! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RobertGrygas said:

Hey, I've tried these glitch before and they don't work for me, thanks for your willingness

In order to make it works you have to delete all the upgrades/patches from your PS3 and start to download them again and stop around patch... 1.07?
This method is described somewhere over the Net if you will look for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Do I have to look out for anything special to get the glitches work except for installing the patch 1.10?

In my case I would start on a completely fresh 1.00 version. Would I be allowed to install the game data to reduce loading times before or after patching the game or would this somehow void my chances?

On 03.05.2021 at 11:22 AM, Parkhorst said:

Do I have to look out for anything special to get the glitches work except for installing the patch 1.10?

In my case I would start on a completely fresh 1.00 version. Would I be allowed to install the game data to reduce loading times before or after patching the game or would this somehow void my chances?

Just getting it to 1.10 is enough for the Vettel exploit. You can install the data for loading times, it won't prevent doing the exploit. 

Also there are a few events that are easier unpatched. NASCAR special events are supposedly easier before a certain patch, because you can turn off ASM (1.10 wasn't enough for this, it must be even eariier than that, not sure exactly which patch, I had to do them post patch). And also the Tuscan night race (the second hardest event in the grand tour special event, the hardest is Eiger Nordwand) should be much easier unpatched. Apparently they replaced its track with a different, more difficult one at some point. And one of the licence tests, I think IB-1 was easier before patches. Again something to do with locking a driving option. These 3 are all doable on latest patch, that's how I did them, because patches were broken when I was playing tje game, but they are pretty challenging.

Some other events have been made easier with later patches. The license tests in which you need to overtake others are much easier on the latest patch since you can now slam the other cars without getting disqualified. And they added a suspend function to the endurance events at some point.

• 10 months later...
On 14.03.2022 at 2:55 PM, TheCrazyLost said:

@emboliformisIs there anywhere I can find which updates I should use for each of these licenses/challengeds to get the easier version? If I get the v1.0 can I do them there? (Excepet the vettel challenge one) is there a list somewhere of what becomes easier with earlier patches? Thanks!

Sorry I'm seeing this a bit late. I think we talked about this on psn, but I'll answer here too. I don't know which update is needed for the other events, all I know is that 1.10 (the update required for the Vettel events) was already too late for the NASCAR one :) But you can try them on lower patches and see which one works :)

And I believe I saw a list somewhere on this forum, but I don't remember who posted it, I sent you a screenshot, I'll try and find the post and link it here too.

Edit: Found it. It wasn't here, it's from .org.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/156916-is-it-possible-to-platinum-gt5-with-a-standard-ps3-controller/?do=findComment&comment=2899548

Edited by emboliformis