PS Now April 2021

Ghost

Great month for me as well. When Avengers released, I returned it for a refund (kept the nice looking Steelbook), and whenever Borderlands 3 went on sale on Amazon for $10, I missed it.

Regarding B3 and Avengers PS5 availability, I'm assuming download versions can be PS5 SKU's, but streaming versions will be PS4 SKU's. Regarding save game compatibility, that would mean you can start on PS NOW, butย you have to upload your saves in-game.ย That would also mean you can't move back and forth between streaming and local PS5, because the saves move forwards only (from PS4 to PS5, but not from PS5 to PS4).

Another meh month for me (better for others I guess/hope)

• Avengers: I already have it, but what it's a little off is the short period of availability. Given it's a GaaS, 3 months ain't enough to actually experience everything. Plus being it a "just-ok" game and don't selling that much anymore, it kinda strikes me as weird as how they couldnt get away with a better deal with Square Enix. Sony being a little bit cheap I guess.
  • Borderlands 3: already finished it. Tbh I actually liked the game, so I'm happy for the ones who don't own it and can experience it. But it is one of those games always on sale, you can easily get it at 10-15โ‚ฌ around. I was hoping it was the "next level edition" at least, but it is just the base one: I don't really expect the whole season passes (yes, there are 2) to be given out, but it would have been nice to give away at least a newer version, not the bare minimum
  • The Long Dark: a 2017 survival game, not really my genre... guess there are people who actually want to try it so lucky them

Just 3 games, 2 out of 3 having a limited available time (and really short too, especially avengers). In a couple of months my sub is gonna expire. At this rate I wont probably re-subscribe: most of the given games are old enough to find good bargains for them, so I usually buy them before they even appear here. Furthermore I see Sony giving less and less effort in this service (which is just moronic given how Microsoft has given birth to such an amazing service, which is one of their best selling points). Moreover, their dishonesty with people owning both this service and PSPlus (which is needed to play online) is so bad: at the very least they should offer a complete pack with both of them at a cheaper price than buying them both singularly.
ย 

I already have a big enough backlog to actually last me for a year or more, I'm just always starving for new games I guess. I'll probably do a month-sub later on, when I want to platinum the remaining games of my interest. But it saddens me to see how the bad management of Sony is turning the brand so anti-customer...

• Like 1

Post redundant; didn't see a thread in Sales & Deals which is where I expect these posts to go. Times like this I wish there was a delete post button, lol.

ย 

Anyway, kinda shoddy month, honestly - Marvel's Avengers isn't exactly top tier entertainment from what I've heard and Borderlands 3 I already own. No bonus games either, it seems.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

They need a bundle that includes PS+ and PS Now, I would then keep a subscription for PS Now. Right now the value isnt there from a trophy hunting perspective, its good for smaller games but larger games you could quite easily end up paying more than if you just waited for a sale.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Include all DLC expansions with the game, or kiss subscriptions goodbye.

ย 

That would make big developers much less likely to want to include their games; there's a reason PS+ / PS Now games' DLC often go on sale right after being featured in the store.ย 

ย 

19 minutes ago, Silocia said:

They need a bundle that includes PS+ and PS Now, I would then keep a subscription for PS Now. Right now the value isnt there from a trophy hunting perspective, its good for smaller games but larger games you could quite easily end up paying more than if you just waited for a sale.

ย 

There's a lot of games with platinum trophies available, so I'm not sure what you mean by it not being worth it from a trophy hunting perspective. It depends on the variety of games you enjoy, I suppose - there's a lot of titles on PS Now that grab my interest, and it only takes a few (even at sale price) to make up the cost of a year.

ย 

I really wish they'd cut it out with these timed games though, especially ones that only last a few months. I'd rather have a bunch of AA games than a month withย one permanent addition.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darling Baphomet said:

There's a lot of games with platinum trophies available, so I'm not sure what you mean by it not being worth it from a trophy hunting perspective. It depends on the variety of games you enjoy, I suppose - there's a lot of titles on PS Now that grab my interest, and it only takes a few (even at sale price) to make up the cost of a year.

ย 

I really wish they'd cut it out with these timed games though, especially ones that only last a few months. I'd rather have a bunch of AA games than a month withย one permanent addition.

What I mean is, if you have a job and IRL commitments like I do, it takes me a while to platinum games, paying for them monthly will easily start to cost more than if I just bought the games on a sale.

ย 

unfortunately as you get older spending 14hours a day gaming just isn't viable.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I wanna give Avengers a try. It's gotten a mixed response, but maybe I'll enjoy it. it does seem like Square Enix is doing this so that they can get people to pay for the DLC and items. And I have a feeling I won't be doing much if any of that.

It's a grindy game that only gets grindier withย recent updates.