PS Now April 2021

Ghost

1 hour ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I wanna give Avengers a try. It's gotten a mixed response, but maybe I'll enjoy it. it does seem like Square Enix is doing this so that they can get people to pay for the DLC and items. And I have a feeling I won't be doing much if any of that.

I started playing the campaign and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with it and having a lotta fun.

I played the beta and it looks like the gameplay and presentation have been improved since then.

Sure such a huge IP deserved a high quality and flawless game and this is not it. But it isn't nearly as bad as some people have said. The gameplay is actually very good and the graphics are decent. It shows that a lotta money has been put into it, even if some bad decisions were made along the way in favor of microtransactions.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

The service has never appealed to me really lol. Even selling it at $1 I passed on it lol.

I'd rather just buy said games I want to play later on the down the road for lesser price lol.

PS Now is great because it has a LOT of delisted titles you can never purchase again, even if you tried. It also gives access to a lot of games that sell for over $60 physical.

I love the service, PS3 titles run flawlessly and the ability to download and install all PS4 games on the service is great.

Edited by SegaJAM

7 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

PS Now is great because it has a LOT of delisted titles you can never purchase again, even if you tried. It also gives access to a lot of games that sell for over $60 physical.

I love the service, PS3 titles run flawlessly and the ability to download and install all PS4 games on the service is great.

What delisted games does Now have?

38 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL.

I'll happily provide proof if you'd like, I stream PS Now games all the time from my PS4.

4 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I wouldn't say flawlessly, but if you have a good wired connection, they play pretty well.

Yup! Wired gigabit fiber, absolutely no hiccups in gameplay streaming and latency is low enough to play rhythm and fighting games without issue.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 2

Some people are entirely missing the appeal for companies to have their games on these subscription based services. The major appeal, above even the fee sony/Microsoft will pay them is the potential to sell dlc/microtransactions to a tonne of new users. Those moaning about a lack of dlc/complete editions are being ridiculous in what they expect from a service that costs hlf the price of. New release per year. You'll get the odd 1st party exclusive and the odd older complete edition but it will never be the norm. 

As for this month, marketing wise its a good month, Borderlands and avengers are headline subscription sellers but it's not a great month for me personally. Borderlands 3 is a very good game but I already have it. The long dark vaguely interests me and ill likely try that at some point and the avengers I previously had no interest in but I'll almost certainly try since it's on there. I prefer the months where they add 5-6-7 smaller titles, I find there's more liklihood I'll find something I haven't played that I unexpectedly enjoy.

I got my monies worth after about 2 weeks of bing subbed so I can accept that not every month is going to be seemingly tailored to my tastes

• Like 1

Not a good month imo, only 3 games and 2 are timed (and for a GaaS 3 months it's too short) I can wait for a complete version of BL3 on PS5.

My sub ends this month and right now there's no reason to buy another year, I can see both games on PS+ in the future.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, SegaJAM said:

Just isn't for me is all.

I usually buy games for $15 or less now digital. Gives them time to get all bugs fixed too waiting so long (if they do fix them lol)