Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

I can't see any Speedrun Trophies, or did I missed it? That would be great, I hate such Trophies. Can someone please tell me if the last Oddworld games were short or long, in case I have to play it several times? This will be my first Oddworld, I always found the series a bit too depressing in terms of setting.

Edit: Okay I did read maybe some of the Badges could have Time Trials. Let's hope not.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Thank God there is no speed run trophies

I'm sure there will be time trials but hopefully there is some sort of chapter select so you can attempt them after you beat the story and not have to worry about it too much

No deaths shouldn't be too terrible if you back up your save once in awhile 

36 minutes ago, immaxiboy5473 said:

seem like 2 playthrough is a must.

1) liberate mudokon + kill more than 100 sligs

2) failed to liberate mudokon + complete the game with no more than 100 sligs killed.

Difficult trophies will be no dying for all stages and all badges.

Not 2 playthroughs m8, just the last level with under 100 and over 100. 

If its possible for example, u could kill 95, get trophy, reload/chapter select then kill 5 more on past level and get trophy

Im not looking forward to badge requirements ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Thank God there is no speed run trophies

I'm sure there will be time trials but hopefully there is some sort of chapter select so you can attempt them after you beat the story and not have to worry about it too much

No deaths shouldn't be too terrible if you back up your save once in awhile 

I mean, New N Tasty worked the same way in that you could replay each chapter over and over to get the best time. It was a really easy speedrun trophy, with that factored in. 

23 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Not 2 playthroughs m8, just the last level with under 100 and over 100. 

If its possible for example, u could kill 95, get trophy, reload/chapter select then kill 5 more on past level and get trophy

Im not looking forward to badge requirements ;)

are you going to write the guide for this one?

Looks a decent list with some good looking tiles.

Abe not dying in every level and the badges assuming you can make saves or do reloads if you fail, should in theory make these trophies less frustrating?

Should be good. Fun games these.

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Game of the year for me havent even played it. Been waiting since they teased it in 2016.

Anyone have an idea when PS+ will be updated so I can start downloading the game?

Should be tomorrow as with other PS+'s for April. As to exact time for me they usually show up by 12.00 CET.

I'm curious what the badges requirements will be, it's a fun game (prior one) but if you don't get everything right or don't completely follow a guide the level replay gets tedious after a while. Never went back to 100% the other one - hope to plat this one.

Just now, Valkirye22 said:

Should be tomorrow as with other PS+'s for April. As to exact time for me they usually show up by 12.00 CET.

I'm curious what the badges requirements will be, it's a fun game (prior one) but if you don't get everything right or don't completely follow a guide the level replay gets tedious after a while. Never went back to 100% the other one - hope to plat this one.

Also to add to this, that Powerpyx will have the guide by the time the game launches officially, so we should have an idea by then.

New article posted on the Playstation Blog gives information on the endings:

There are nearly 1,400 Mudokons that you can save in Oddworld: Soulstorm. How you decide to play is up to you, but keep in mind there are multiple endings in the game, and we recommend you try to save at least 80% of the Mudokons in each level (more info below).

Multiple Endings

Endings! Soulstorm has 15 core levels, with two additional levels at the end of the game if you are good at saving Mudokons (making 17 levels total). There are four types of endings in the game. At the end of each individual level, you receive a Quarma score based on the number of Mudokons you save.  You must save at least 80% of the Mudokons in a level to achieve a good score, but technically you don’t have to save any to progress through the game’s 15 core levels. But this 80% score is vital if you want to unlock levels 16 and 17. 

Here is the breakdown:

• Worst Ending – Save 80% of the Mudokons in 6 levels, or fewer.
  • Bad Ending – Save 80% of Mudokons in 7 to 11 levels. Prepare for an explosive cinematic.
  • Good Ending – Save 80% of Mudokons in 12 or more levels. This unlocks an additional cinematic and access to levels 16 and 17.
  • Final Ending – Save 80% of Mudokons in all 17 levels. Sit back and enjoy the “newspaper cinematic.

Level Select & Quarma Score

Once you finish the game, you unlock Level Select. This mode allows you to replay any level you want, as much as you want. It allows you to replay levels to improve your Quarma score and earn more badges. More importantly, if you didn’t unlock the ending you wanted, you can replay the levels to try to save more Mudokons. 

But like all Oddworld games, you should expect a challenge. In Level Select if you die, don’t worry, you will respawn at the nearest check point. But there are no save points. You must play the entire level all the way through to earn your new Quarma score and badges.

At the end of each level, you are given a Quarma score. This score is based on the number of Mudokons you save vs. those that died or were missed, as well as earned badges. The more Mudokons you save, the higher your Quarma score. You can upload your scores to the leaderboards to see where you rank against other Soulstorm players.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But like all Oddworld games, you should expect a challenge. In Level Select if you die, don’t worry, you will respawn at the nearest check point. But there are no save points. You must play the entire level all the way through to earn your new Quarma score and badges.

So no quick save-scumming in Level Select then (assuming QS even still exists at all) That could ramp the challenge up

19 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

So no quick save-scumming in Level Select then (assuming QS even still exists at all) That could ramp the challenge up

You can play on Easy, I played the first chapter a bit, I know it's too early but it didn't look hard to not die, with a bit practice and know how of where and what.

Edited by LordEddardStark7

4 hours ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

You can play on Easy, I played the first chapter a bit, I know it's too early but it didn't look hard to not die, with a bit practice and know how of where and what.

playing on normal and some mistakes is a death so for no death runs it's gonna be a full replay on ng+ for me. First game I'm actually playing without a guide for once and fully enjoy it.

- Blind run

- No death run

- No sligs kill run

- replay to get all platinums.

Not sure if no death can be combined with the <100 slig kills.

It's going to be a long one for the platinum 

Edited by Deluziion90

12 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Good news for Saviour badges (saving mudokons) you can actually get some casualties. Just had my first point where I had to fight sligs and 15/200 died. Still got the platinum medal so that makes things a little bit easier :D

It tells u how many, like level 2, there are 202 Muds, but the platinum badge says u only need 150.

U can only cheat deaths on NG first plays, its impossible on level select. Even then though then, u must be REAL fast to beat the death triggering

Seems like a nice fun game, 1st level has 3 challenges, 2nd 7 I think so some of these badges may be interesting later ;)

• Like 1