Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

17 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Yeah I am. Tried @Optinooby's tactic and that seemed to work. This is one shitty trophy to get.

So it it still unclear we can restart checkpoint's or is everyone force closing the game when making mistakes or dying.

Checkpoints DONT work with deaths, it is still recorded, if u turn on streaming mode u will see, thats how I confirmed, plus the end of level icon was extra confirmation

Plus the CLOSE APP worked with finishing level 1 with NO DAMAGE, but checkpoint reload did NOT! 

17 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

I do it with Checkpoint restarts. I think the trophy Was just bugged and is now working fine with 1.07

I would be very careful m8, if u wanna take the risk is fine, ur choice, but if u backup/restore its risk free, all up to u though

And the guy who actually got the trophy was actually backup/restoring because he did no deaths at same time

Also, I know for a FACT that checkpoint reloads saves damage taken on level 1 as that way never popped trophy for me, but closing app did. 

We know somethings are ALWAYS recorded, add up and dont reset on checkpoint reloads and we also know how buggy the game is along with the trophies. 

Im betting its gotta be a TOTAL lower than 100 without checkpoint reloads unless u hadnt killed any. 

If u do believe it not to matter, could u keep a mental note of how many total ALTOGETHER as well even with chairs checkpoint reloads because at least then, if it doesnt pop, we may have a better idea. 

I gather u will not be trying with bad ending, so I will do that

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Checkpoints DONT work with deaths, it is still recorded, if u turn on streaming mode u will see, thats how I confirmed, plus the end of level icon was extra confirmation

Plus the CLOSE APP worked with finishing level 1 with NO DAMAGE, but checkpoint reload did NOT! 

I would be very careful m8, if u wanna take the risk is fine, ur choice, but if u backup/restore its risk free, all up to u though

And the guy who actually got the trophy was actually backup/restoring because he did no deaths at same time

Also, I know for a FACT that checkpoint reloads saves damage taken on level 1 as that way never popped trophy for me, but closing app did. 

We know somethings are ALWAYS recorded, add up and dont reset on checkpoint reloads and we also know how buggy the game is along with the trophies. 

Im betting its gotta be a TOTAL lower than 100 without checkpoint reloads unless u hadnt killed any. 

If u do believe it not to matter, could u keep a mental note of how many total ALTOGETHER as well even with chairs checkpoint reloads because at least then, if it doesnt pop, we may have a better idea. 

I think you're right about the kills registering because I counted 87 kills on my first run but the trophy never popped. I believe the sligs I killed after reloading a checkpoint were taken into account. It's the only thing I can think specially that one person actually has the trophy so it's the only logicial answer.

That or the 1.07 update messed up people's progress.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

So currently I'm not using a backup as my 100% badge save file is in my cloud.

If I do mess up and like IDK I die or I kill to many sligs. Would a force close of the game be enough so I reload back to my previous checkpoint?

24 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

So currently I'm not using a backup as my 100% badge save file is in my cloud.

If I do mess up and like IDK I die or I kill to many sligs. Would a force close of the game be enough so I reload back to my previous checkpoint?

Well....... some things are STILL saved even on closing app. We know deaths are not saved if u close app because the level no death icon still appears thankfully

When u grab a key, if u close app straight away, it is still in ur inventory, but strangely, u can pick it up again, I know because I tried it. Same with those one time item tutorials when u pick up a new item for the first time. U pick up a new item, get the window tutorial, them u close app and u dont get it again so that is saved regardless! 

So somethings DO save straight away regardless if u close app or not, but I dont think any trackers are saved regardless. Trackers for a lot of the trophies saved even on checkpoint reloads, but closing app resets them back to when u first touch that checkpoint. 

I would say closing app is fine for Slig hidden counter, but we cant be sure until we test. Guess if u cant u dont have a choice, but I thinl it will work

What u could do as a little test is for the 'Kill 100 sligs while possessed' trophy, get to end of level 2 during the escape part and then kill the 7 or so sligs there while possessed. Then close app and do it again until u hit 100. 

If trophy pops, then those kills at least are not saved on CP reload. If think the kill less than 100 sligs are on a similar tracker

Of course may take u an hour so if u wanna just crack on, I think it will be ok. 

Let us know anything important you find you experience please m8 ;)

28 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I think you're right about the kills registering because I counted 87 kills on my first run but the trophy never popped. I believe the sligs I killed after reloading a checked were taken into account, it's the only thing I can think specially that one person actually has the trophy so it's the only logicial answer.

Yea its not confirmation, but I do agree it sort off makes sense and requires further testing. I was saying this a few days ago, but nobody seemes to take any notice ;(

Edited by Optinooby

36 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Well....... some things are STILL saved even on closing app. We know deaths are not saved if u close app because the level no death icon still appears thankfully

When u grab a key, if u close app straight away, it is still in ur inventory, but strangely, u can pick it up again, I know because I tried it. Same with those one time item tutorials when u pick up a new item for the first time. U pick up a new item, get the window tutorial, them u close app and u dont get it again so that is saved regardless! 

So somethings DO save straight away regardless if u close app or not, but I dont think any trackers are saved regardless. Trackers for a lot of the trophies saved even on checkpoint reloads, but closing app resets them back to when u first touch that checkpoint. 

I would say closing app is fine for Slig hidden counter, but we cant be sure until we test. Guess if u cant u dont have a choice, but I thinl it will work

What u could do as a little test is for the 'Kill 100 sligs while possessed' trophy, get to end of level 2 during the escape part and then kill the 7 or so sligs there while possessed. Then close app and do it again until u hit 100. 

If trophy pops, then those kills at least are not saved on CP reload. If think the kill less than 100 sligs are on a similar tracker

Of course may take u an hour so if u wanna just crack on, I think it will be ok. 

Let us know anything important you find you experience please m8 ;)

Yea its not confirmation, but I do agree it sort off makes sense and requires further testing. I was saying this a few days ago, but nobody seemes to take any notice ;(

Guess I'm the guinea pig to test the force closing app.

Currently made it to the hijack with 10 slig kills.

Force closed the game only 1 time so far.

Edit:

Just finished The Hijack my god they not only nerfed slig mama the robot is absolute shit right now. #Vote4strongerSligmama

Edited by Deluziion90

I can confirm the trophy for less than 100 slig kills doesnt work with the bad ending. Just did a quick playthrough where I killed 1000 mudokons for the bad ending trophy and thought "might as well do it without killing sligs". I got the bad ending with approximately 30 sligs kills AND without realoading checkpoints or dying and killing sligs again after deaths. Surprise surprise, no trophy popped, so you definitely have to do the good ending. Kind of annoying that I have to do YET another playthrough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

I can confirm the trophy for less than 100 slig kills doesnt work with the bad ending. Just did a quick playthrough where I killed 1000 mudokons for the bad ending trophy and thought "might as well do it without killing sligs". I got the bad ending with approximately 30 sligs kills AND without realoading checkpoints or dying and killing sligs again after deaths. Surprise surprise, no trophy popped, so you definitely have to do the good ending. Kind of annoying that I have to do YET another playthrough.

You're a hero for testing

7 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

It's good that you confirmed it, but I don't know why people got the idea that you don't have to do all 17 levels to get it. Looking at the trophy from the start I knew it would be every level.

okey i just reached level 14 and this are my stats for now:

level 1 - 0 kills - good karma
level 2 - 0 kills - good karma
level 3 - 0 kills - good karma
level 4 - 0 kills - good karma
level 5 - 9 kills - good karma
level 6 - 0 kills - good karma
level 7 - 0 kills - good karma
level 8 - 0 kills - good karma
level 9 - 1 kills - good karma
level 10 - 3 kills - good karma
level 11 - 1 kills - good karma
level 12 - 0 kills - good karma
level 13 - 3 kills - bad karma
level 14
level 15

level 16

level 17

total kills till now : 17

checkpoint restarts/ loaded kills : 9

i will finish my run tomorrow

4 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

okey i just reached level 14 and this are my stats for now:

level 1 - 0 kills - good karma
level 2 - 0 kills - good karma
level 3 - 0 kills - good karma
level 4 - 0 kills - good karma
level 5 - 9 kills - good karma
level 6 - 0 kills - good karma
level 7 - 0 kills - good karma
level 8 - 0 kills - good karma
level 9 - 1 kills - good karma
level 10 - 3 kills - good karma
level 11 - 1 kills - good karma
level 12 - 0 kills - good karma
level 13 - 3 kills - bad karma
level 14
level 15

level 16

level 17

total kills till now : 17

checkpoint restarts/ loaded kills : 9

i will finish my run tomorrow

fcking hell mate ur fast lol. I'm now halfway through Necrum. Hopefully I'll reach the yards today. Current killcount 12

Edited by Deluziion90

54 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can anyone confirm it's only 13 levels needed to unlock lvl 16+17? Doesn't numbers of mudokons matter?

I'm thinking to let them all just die on lvl 13(escape level).

It would make life much easier to ignore sligs and get the kills even lower.

According to the PS Blog post it's 12 levels you need to get positive quarma.

3 minutes ago, Asher1985 said:

According to the PS Blog post it's 12 levels you need to get positive quarma.

0-6 level with good karma -> baddest end

7-12 level with good karma -> bad end 

13-16 level with good karma -> good ending 

17 level with good karma -> best end

3 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

0-6 level with good karma -> baddest end

7-12 level with good karma -> bad end 

13-16 level with good karma -> good ending 

17 level with good karma -> best end

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/05/oddworld-soulstorm-multiple-endings-and-improving-your-quarmic-score/

Says 7-11 for Bad and 12 or more for Good.

1 hour ago, Foremanskin said:

Thanks for testing m8, that settles that I guess, good work also for doing all that without really dying!! 

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

It's good that you confirmed it, but I don't know why people got the idea that you don't have to do all 17 levels to get it. Looking at the trophy from the start I knew it would be every level.

Nobody had any idea, it was more so that people had the idea that it WOULDNT pop on 15 bad ending. 

Without any concrete evidence to support except for speculation, EITHER way was an assumption!! Yea sure 1 way seemed more fitting, but you (I) have to be sure because sometimes, but not always, those alternatives that seem improbable, actually work!! 

I know that is good enough for most players who just wanna get things done in a way we know it works, some saddos like me just have to be sure of every alternative is all. 

Perhaps its because im planning a guide and I wanna be able to answer questions confidently, I dunno, but I just always have to check all possibilities ;)

1 hour ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

hey guys, i have question about You're (Not) On Fire! trophy. Can you get it from level select and use restart level from pause menu if you mess up? Any issues with this trophy?

I was working on this to try and answer this but I keep dying right near the end on that final monkey bar jump and it's pissing me off so I'm rage quitting for today.

1 hour ago, Foremanskin said:

Just do the levels via level select, get good karma in 12 levels and do the last 2 levels for the slig trophy. 

7 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

Necrum was the last level I had to do without dying, and when I completed it the trophy popped for me right away at the results screen without any issues :) I had a deathless symbol on every level in chapter select.

Did you have all 17 levels unlocked or did you have only 15 due to bad ending and got the trophy for no deaths anyway?

1 minute ago, Calypox said:

Did you have all 17 levels unlocked or did you have only 15 due to bad ending and got the trophy for no deaths anyway?

You need it on all 17 levels. You have to get a skull symbol on each level when u see them in level select menu.

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Can anybody answer, when u get bad ending, when u then go for good ending using Chapter Select, must u do 15 again or does 16 unlock automatically once u complete ur 12th positive quarma assuming u have already done 15??

Unlock automatically

6 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Unlock automatically

Great, good to know as im trying to optimise which levels to grab Muds on and which not in order to minimise level replays to unlock good ending after bad. Of course the 3 x escape levels and the 2 x impossible to get all badges first time levels are im there  by default

Thanks, I'll be getting all Muds on level 15 when going for bad ending in this case

2 hours ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

hey guys, i have question about You're (Not) On Fire! trophy. Can you get it from level select and use restart level from pause menu if you mess up? Any issues with this trophy?

38 minutes ago, Asher1985 said:

I was working on this to try and answer this but I keep dying right near the end on that final monkey bar jump and it's pissing me off so I'm rage quitting for today.

All u need to do is close app whenever u take damage. Its a bit of a cheese, but its real easy if ya do it this way

Obviously backup ur save first and go to New Game so u can resume where u were

Edited by Optinooby