Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

I just finished the game front to back for the < 100 slig kills trophy.

Started a New Game. Completed all 17 levels in Story Mode. If a Slig died that I didn't want to die I closed the app. The trophy did not pop. 72 kills total. I have never felt so burned by a game before. Think I'm putting this down for good cause I'm not doing that nonsense again

5 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

Started a New Game. Completed all 17 levels in Story Mode. If a Slig died that I didn't want to die I closed the app. The trophy did not pop. 72 kills total. I have never felt so burned by a game before. Think I'm putting this down for good cause I'm not doing that nonsense again

wtf but how.. it's literally how the guy who got the trophy played this way.. I even asked him 

10 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

Oh man that sucks bad :/

2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

wtf but how.. it's literally how the guy who got the trophy played this way.. I even asked him 

My only guess is that it counts Slig deaths towards the trophy IMMEDIATELY. Unlike every other trophy or counter in the game. That means you need to get all the way to Eye of the Storm and beat the final boss in one go, any deaths there are just jacking up the counter, irregardless of closing the game. I would have uploaded my save to the cloud, but my 100% badge save is already there cause that trophy is also broken. What a joke.

24 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

My only guess is that it counts Slig deaths towards the trophy IMMEDIATELY. Unlike every other trophy or counter in the game. That means you need to get all the way to Eye of the Storm and beat the final boss in one go, any deaths there are just jacking up the counter, irregardless of closing the game. I would have uploaded my save to the cloud, but my 100% badge save is already there cause that trophy is also broken. What a joke.

The fuck is wrong with this shit game. Feels bad man.

31 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Fookin stupid bugs, wth are we spose to do, its like just hit and hope for the best right

27 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

Possibly I was saying this to Deluziion earlier, no deaths is ok with closing app as we can as soon as we finish a level that this actually, but trophies like the less than 100 kills require a full run to test a single variable

I also mentioned to Deluziion and mentioned it once b4 that although no deaths is ok, some things DO save instantly and closing app doesnt reset, only a save backup would

Things like keys collected, item tutorials viewed, these save instantly and closing app doesnt reset, though with the key u can still grab it again this way, but its already in ur inventory

Guess save backup is only way to be sure, and hope its not a bug. 

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Fookin stupid bugs, wth are we spose to do, its like just hit and hope for the best right

Possibly I was saying this to Deluziion earlier, no deaths is ok with closing app as we can as soon as we finish a level that this actually, but trophies like the less than 100 kills require a full run to test a single variable

I also mentioned to Deluziion and mentioned it once b4 that although no deaths is ok, some things DO save instantly and closing app doesnt reset, only a save backup would

Things like keys collected, item tutorials viewed, these save instantly and closing app doesnt reset, though with the key u can still grab it again this way, but its already in ur inventory

Guess save backup is only way to be sure, and hope its not a bug. 

Pretty much we gotta tryhard like hell and do no death runs+save all mudo's and try not to kill sligs. Great

Edit: However I think a restart level would also reset the counter if that's not the case then it really is bugged and messed up

Edited by Deluziion90

3 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I can confirm the trophy for less than 100 slig kills doesnt work with the bad ending. Just did a quick playthrough where I killed 1000 mudokons for the bad ending trophy and thought "might as well do it without killing sligs". I got the bad ending with approximately 30 sligs kills AND without realoading checkpoints or dying and killing sligs again after deaths. Surprise surprise, no trophy popped, so you definitely have to do the good ending. Kind of annoying that I have to do YET another playthrough.

Im going to try this as well m8 just for an extra confirmation in case this was a bug. If u read up Mikes post above, it didnt pop for him even though he seemed to fulfil the conditions. 

At this point we dont know if William who popped it did it right, or if he himself was just lucky and the trophy is actually really buggy. 

How the hell are we spose to confirm stuff with tonnes of bugs, I really wish they hadnt released it like this. I just dont understand why they would, dont they care about us consumers

4 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Pretty much we gotta tryhard like hell and do no death runs+save all mudo's and try not to kill sligs. Great

Edit: However I think a restart level would also reset the counter if that's not the case then it really is bugged and messed up

Maybe m8, at this point we have no idea though, and bugs can mess it all up

Im tempted to do the absolute minimum and remove all potential risks, then get to final game checkpoint and backup my system data. 

Then go offline, try trophy, if pops, then restore system data back to delete unsynched trophy data. 

Then with that same save, try another variable, just to test things quicker without a full playthrough each time. 

I know the Team here dont like doing that, but as long as u are not synching ur trophies and staying offline, shouldnt be any trouble. I dont think a lot of people realise, but its actually a real good way to test trophy requirements and save hours! 

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im going to try this as well m8 just for an extra confirmation in case this was a bug. If u read up Mikes post above, it didnt pop for him even though he seemed to fulfil the conditions. 

At this point we dont know if William who popped it did it right, or if he himself was just lucky and the trophy is actually really buggy. 

How the hell are we spose to confirm stuff with tonnes of bugs, I really wish they hadnt released it like this. I just dont understand why they would, dont they care about us consumers

Maybe m8, at this point we have no idea though, and bugs can mess it all up

Im tempted to do the absolute minimum and remove all potential risks, then get to final game checkpoint and backup my system data. 

Then go offline, try trophy, if pops, then restore system data back to delete unsynched trophy data. 

Then with that same save, try another variable, just to test things quicker without a full playthrough each time. 

I know the Team here dont like doing that, but as long as u are not synching ur trophies and staying offline, shouldnt be any trouble. I dont think a lot of people realise, but its actually a real good way to test trophy requirements and save hours! 

Well I'll let you know as soon as my trophy pops or not so far I've been doing only a few force closed moments.

Current counterLvl 1. 0 kills
Lvl 2. 1 Kills
Lvl 3. 0 kills
Lvl 4. 9 kills
Lvl 5. 0 kill
Lvl 6. 0 kill
Lvl 7. 1 kill
Lvl 8. 0 kills
Lvl 9. 3 kills
Lvl 10. 0 kill 
Lvl 11. 1 kill
Lvl 12.
Lvl 13.
Lvl 14.
Lvl 15.
Lvl 16.
Lvl 17.

Even with restarts it's still very low so far. 

Edited by Deluziion90

13 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Well I'll let you know as soon as my trophy pops or not so far I've been doing only a few force closed moments.

Current counterLvl 1. 0 kills
Lvl 2. 1 Kills
Lvl 3. 0 kills
Lvl 4. 9 kills
Lvl 5. 0 kill
Lvl 6. 0 kill
Lvl 7. 1 kill
Lvl 8. 0 kills
Lvl 9. 3 kills
Lvl 10. 0 kill 
Lvl 11. 1 kill
Lvl 12.
Lvl 13.
Lvl 14.
Lvl 15.
Lvl 16.
Lvl 17.

Even with restarts it's still very low so far. 

No kills on Sorrow Valley huh? How did you pass those snipers? As far as I know you need to kill them to proceed further (disable the lasers). Stunning them didnt work for me.

Just now, kamilinhoPL said:

No kills on Sorrow Valley huh? How did you pass those snipers? As far as I know you need to kill them to proceed further (disable the lasers). Stunning them didnt work for me.

I think my counting is off lol. Sorrow valley should be the one with 9 kills :awesome:

Just reached the escape and I'll risk it with just ignoring mudo's and go for 0 slig kills (except first 3)

1 hour ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Just do the levels via level select, get good karma in 12 levels and do the last 2 levels for the slig trophy. 

I didn't want to risk something glitching so I just deleted my save file and started a fresh new playthrough. I'm already at level 9 with only 8 kills. Unfortunately I won't be able to play tomorrow, however I will finish this run on Sunday. If somehow the trophy STILL doesn't pop, I think I will just take a break and come back way later to finish it. I'm so burned out having completed the game 5 times already with 2 of the runs being pointless time wasters. Just an absolute dogshit of a trophy list.

I figured how to do the auto-slap glitch if anybody is interested. 

Basically if you time it so u slap a slig at the same time they melee, Abes hit box turns into a sort off auto-slap

What I mean is when you run towards a enemy and ur invisible hitbox collides with their invisible hitbox, they automatically go down as if u slapped them, but without the slap

Dunno if anyone will find this useful, but it lets you just run into sligs to knock them down amd u can also knock them down this way by dropping onto them or climbing up below them

9 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I think my counting is off lol. Sorrow valley should be the one with 9 kills :awesome:

Just reached the escape and I'll risk it with just ignoring mudo's and go for 0 slig kills (except first 3)

Do you actually have to kill every single one though or just the sniper wielding ones?? 

I noticed that although the spawners will spawn an extra slig each, they actually don't spawn additional snipers. 

There are only 2 snipers there I think the spawns come out as rifle sligs

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Do you actually have to kill every single one though or just the sniper wielding ones?? 

I noticed that although the spawners will spawn an extra slig each, they actually don't spawn additional snipers. 

You need to kill everyone up there. Otherwise the gate will not open up for you.

11 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

You need to kill everyone up there. Otherwise the gate will not open up for you.

Shame, thought u may have to, doesnt help either that u flying slig u must control there auto explodes so if u dont do it in one, u are wasting deaths

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

There is a bug that happened to me when I was doing a no-death run of the level which allowed me to start both generators without needing to get the gas from the caves and the laser barrier after the snipers was automatically off. So if you're really really lucky, you could save some kills on that level lol.

Also, you guys are saying that you have to kill 9 sligs to get past the snipers, but on my current run I only killed 8. Or at least the level stat screen showed only 8 kills. Could also be that it was just bugged, wouldn't surprise me at all.