Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

4 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

You need it on all 17 levels. You have to get a skull symbol on each level when u see them in level select menu.

Yep, this is right. You need the no death symbol on all 17 levels. I had it on 16 levels, and I finished Necrum deathless and and the trophy popped at the results screen.

EDIT: Seeing people finish the game with the Good Ending and <100 Slig kills without popping the trophy is really disappointing. The devs have dropped the ball so hard with so many aspects of this game. Huge respect for the people who tried to tackle the trophy despite this absolute bugfest.

Edited by KristophDJHero

So here is the story... I deleted whole game, save files etc. (got old one in cloud). Redownloaded the game, and started brand new playthrough. Went straight thru all of 17 levels(12lvl good karma/5bad), pretty much without stopping or quitting. Counted every slig I killed, and it was clearly around 60, maybe even less (I rounded it up). And here we go, credits roll and no freakin trophy xD What a waste of time. What a disappointment this bugged trophy list is...

5 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

So here is the story... I deleted whole game, save files etc. (got old one in cloud). Redownloaded the game, and started brand new playthrough. Went straight thru all of 17 levels(12lvl good karma/5bad), pretty much without stopping or quitting. Counted every slig I killed, and it was clearly around 60, maybe even less (I rounded it up). And here we go, credits roll and no freakin trophy xD What a waste of time. What a disappointment this bugged trophy list is...

I stand with you! I have the smallest bit of hope that if a patch fixes it, it will auto-pop next time I boot the game, so I'm going to leave that save file as-is until then. I don't want to play the game anyway lol. If no auto-pop, well, that's almost 70 hours in the shitter. I'm so baffled by awful trophy lists like this. Guess the devs must not have anyone on staff who is a trophy hunter :/

12 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

I stand with you! I have the smallest bit of hope that if a patch fixes it, it will auto-pop next time I boot the game, so I'm going to leave that save file as-is until then. I don't want to play the game anyway lol. If no auto-pop, well, that's almost 70 hours in the shitter. I'm so baffled by awful trophy lists like this. Guess the devs must not have anyone on staff who is a trophy hunter :/

Yeah, it was the case with Pumpkin Jack. There was 2 glitched trophies on release, so after patch one of them auto-popped in main menu for me, the second one didnt, so I had to redo whole thing again... It might be the same scenario here. Anyway after the credits my main menu screen was glitched. I had the quarma icon in left hand of the screen like in the games hud? This game just keeps surprising me with all those bugs, and glitches...

7 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

4 slig kills in The escape and still managed a platinum badge for saving mudokons gg's :")

So anyone got any godmode tip to survival lvl 15 lift while not killing anything..

Stand on the top of the elevator and the rocket launcher sligs will never come close to you and they just spam rockets from high up which are relatively simple to dodge on easy. Then just craft bouncy tape balls and use them on the first two shotgunners sligs and the few flamethrower and minigun sligs that spawn later.

1 hour ago, Foremanskin said:

Stand on the top of the elevator and the rocket launcher sligs will never come close to you and they just spam rockets from high up which are relatively simple to dodge on easy. Then just craft bouncy tape balls and use them on the first two shotgunners sligs and the few flamethrower and minigun sligs that spawn later.

Can u use smoke on that part now?? I know u couldnt before, but the Royal Jelly there also didnt stay near the monkey bar

I noticed now with the new patches that the Royal Jelly under the container stays in place, I wonder if the smoke stays in place as well?? 

6 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Do u think it may be related to the best ending?? Thats all I can think off at this point, best ending at less than 100.

Seems all us trying, we are getting the good ending, NOT the best ending

Ive asked the popper few more questions but hes not answering now, obviously annoyed with us all harassing him xD

@IX_Edinho_XI @Deluziion90

What do u reckon guys best ending is the last possibility?? I will try the popper again

Edited by Optinooby

33 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Can u use smoke on that part now?? I know u couldnt before, but the Royal Jelly there also didnt stay near the monkey bar

I noticed now with the new patches that the Royal Jelly under the container stays in place, I wonder if the smoke stays in place as well?? 

Do u think it may be related to the best ending?? Thats all I can think off at this point, best ending at less than 100.

Ive asked the popper few more questions but hes not answering now, obviously annoyed with us all harassing him xD

What do u reckon guys best ending is the last possibility?? I will try the popper again

Nope, smokes don't work there. Just run back and forth dodging the rockets. It's really annoying and inconsistent but if you really want to do it without killing any sligs, that's the best way (as far as I know).

I am doing the true ending route where I get good Quarma on every level and if this doesn't pop the trophy either, then there's definitely some black magic fuckery going on. I will finish the run on Sunday and report my inevitable disappointment here.

36 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

Nope, smokes don't work there. Just run back and forth dodging the rockets. It's really annoying and inconsistent but if you really want to do it without killing any sligs, that's the best way (as far as I know).

I am doing the true ending route where I get good Quarma on every level and if this doesn't pop the trophy either, then there's definitely some black magic fuckery going on. I will finish the run on Sunday and report my inevitable disappointment here.

Smoke still doesnt work on moving platforms, thats a bummer, that part would be so easy if it did. I wonder if thats a bug and may be patched in future...... guess we will see

Hopefully the true ending will work, think thats the only thing we havent ticked off yet. I asked the popper abt this, though im doubtful he will reply. 

Good luck m8, I hope that pops it!! 

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If its the best ending while doing less than a 100 Sligs, then its a dick move tbh. Its a possibility tho. But clearly not what game is asking you to do. This trophy descriptions are as vague as they can be... Also they could make our lives so much easier by making three freakin save slots like in New'N'Tasty. We could just switch back and forth, and try different things, but nope. Game feels rushed and lacks polish, and it shows. The release should've been pushed to summer with the physical copies, so they can iron it out. I kinda feel like a beta tester that is doing his job, finding all the bugs but for free lol. I aint no charity guys xD.

Edited by kamilinhoPL

1 hour ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

So im going for best ending than too. I replay level 13 and do the others also with good karma. Maybe you need 1000 rescued mudos too at the end? So the first archiever of the trophy also replayed a level via level select. I will tell you my result tonight.

He also said he had played on Normal all the way and rescued every Mud on level 17

I wouldnt say those matter, but at this point could be anything, could have even bugged for him and popped when it shouldnt have lol

@IX_Edinho_XI @kamilinhoPL @Optinooby ..

Current state is I'm at 33 kills OR.. 53 if I count my force quit reloads.

Currently at lvl 16 but I'm having a pretty hard time at the brewery not killing sligs so still figuring that out and that will be tonight.

I'm not sure how to get the best ending is it 80% in all levels? If so I need to replay Feeco depot I just rushed that level and got 24% quarma or something like that. All other levels are above 80 so far.

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

@IX_Edinho_XI @kamilinhoPL @Optinooby ..

Current state is I'm at 33 kills OR.. 53 if I count my force quit reloads.

Currently at lvl 16 but I'm having a pretty hard time at the brewery not killing sligs so still figuring that out and that will be tonight.

I'm not sure how to get the best ending is it 80% in all levels? If so I need to replay Feeco depot I just rushed that level and got 24% quarma or something like that. All other levels are above 80 so far.

Yea if pretty difficult isnt it and on level 17 there are about 20 sligs u must kill just on the boss itself

The popper did level select before completing it. He didnt go in2 detail but im guessing he had a death on the Necrum and so just replayed it straight after

You can use fire btw to keep sligs at bay, its also great for the dogs if u put a fire at their door, they all die on spawn. U probably know these things anyway and a smoke plus will knock out sligs

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Yea if pretty difficult isnt it and on level 17 there are about 20 sligs u must kill just on the boss itself

The popper did level select before completing it. He didnt go in2 detail but im guessing he had a death on the Necrum and so just replayed it straight after

You can use fire btw to keep sligs at bay, its also great for the dogs if u put a fire at their door, they all die on spawn. U probably know these things anyway and a smoke plus will knock out sligs

Yeah it's more inside the building where a bunch spawn. 

Anyways I've reported everything to OWI_Ash/Hack on oddworld discord that's one of the people where you can forward all the bugs to. She also helped out with the moolah spend bug so hopefully they will take this one serious as well.

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Yeah it's more inside the building where a bunch spawn. 

Anyways I've reported everything to OWI_Ash/Hack on oddworld discord that's one of the people where you can forward all the bugs to. She also helped out with the moolah spend bug so hopefully they will take this one serious as well.

I cant even remember which bit u mean, I thought it was all inside a building sorta xD

I messaged Ash on this last week or so, I asked about all the possible problematic trophies as I know they would all become so at some point.

Ash advised me to contact Tomb on there! Week later and still no reply. 

Maybe be best going straight to the Community Support, they dont seem as helpful on Discord now

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Three waves of six to be exact. And you dont have to kill any of them. Its quite easy on easy difficulty.

7 minutes ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

Thanks man! ☺️

No worries!! 

I did it again yesterday actually, such a annoying trophy with the background sligs. You think ur safe then their bullets will curve around the wall WANTED style and hit u. Just 1 of many stupid trophies, guess a taster of whats to come xD

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I cant even remember which bit u mean, I thought it was all inside a building sorta xD

I messaged Ash on this last week or so, I asked about all the possible problematic trophies as I know they would all become so at some point.

Ash advised me to contact Tomb on there! Week later and still no reply. 

Maybe be best going straight to the Community Support, they dont seem as helpful on Discord now

They're pretty clueless on Discord. Tomb didn't even know if the kill counter sticks after restarting a checkpoint and level.

1 minute ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Three waves of six to be exact. And you dont have to kill any of them. Its quite easy on easy difficulty.

How would you NOT kill them out of curiosity...?? 

Im not saying it cant be done, more that its just stupidly annoying trying to keep them alive with the Spiked Balls and the fact they can attack you during cutscenes

I think the 2 Slig Mamas count as 2 kills though which u cant avoid

I guess u can lob a smoke down amd use binding candy right or lob a Smoke + at them to knock them out. 

So easy though using Shrykull amd letting the spiked balls kill them xD

2 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

They're pretty clueless on Discord. Tomb didn't even know if the kill counter sticks after restarting a checkpoint and level.

Why am I not surprised m8, doesnt instill much faith in the team does it

I think I copy/paste my message and send to the Community Support team later, hopefully I will have a better result

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im not saying it cant be done, more that its just stupidly annoying trying to keep them alive with the Spiked Balls and the fact they can attack you during cutscenes

I guess u can lob a smoke down amd use binding candy right or lob a Smoke + at them to knock them out. 

I got some pretty good strats for last three levels, might do video on them. During the level you can stock up on binding candy, so I had like 19 by the time I got to final battle. Just as precaution set mine on the left, but its not needed when you are fast. As soon as they spawn/drop down throw 3 binding candy each way, aim down for their legs. You need to be quick but its nothing special. Might take a try or two to get the timing right. If you got problems with aiming and such. Just turn off the triggers and vibrations. It really does make a difference without them. I sucked on crane part and last battle, but as soon as I turned off this bs, my aim changed drastically.

Edited by kamilinhoPL

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Why am I not surprised m8, doesnt instill much faith in the team does it

I think I copy/paste my message and send to the Community Support team later, hopefully I will have a better result

Yeah smoke screen and bouncy binding candy works, you have to quick though the bombs kills the sligs so that will add to your kill count. It's three sets of six enemies aswell as three sets of bombs for the 1st two waves.

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You can throw Bouncy Binding Candy at them while they are lying down after they've just spawned to tie them up. On my Easy run I'm pretty sure I got rid of at least four of the six by just throwing the candies at them before they rushed me. The rest I just used Shrykull on or threw Brewnades.

EDIT: The Soulstorm hive mind is truly alive in this thread, haha. Love to see all those answers at the same time. Now if only OWI could get cracking and tackle all of these bugs...

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KristophDJHero said:

You can throw Bouncy Binding Candy at them while they are lying down after they've just spawned to tie them up. On my Easy run I'm pretty sure I got rid of at least four of the six by just throwing the candies at them before they rushed me. The rest I just used Shrykull on or threw Brewnades.

I can manage to get all six in one set with bouncy binding candy but it's not worth the risk for this trophy so probably best to get three of each set.