Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

1 minute ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I can manage to get all six in one set with bouncy binding candy but it's not worth the risk for this trophy so probably best to get three of each set.

This is assuming that dying continues to add to the Slig kills counter, yes? I'm really curious to know how they programmed that tracker; it's probably extremely likely that it counts all of your Slig kills across every single life you run.

It's even weirder to me that the person with the trophy popped it in level select. In New 'N' Tasty you could cut down your time on individual levels to eventually get a total of less than three hours(?) for that one. Would be kind of nice if you could do the same here (like have a total of Sligs killed per stage), but that would of course be too easy.

Just now, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I can manage to get all six in one set with bouncy binding candy but it's not worth the risk for this trophy so probably best to get three of each set.

Your death shouldn't void the trophy. It's this buggy mess of a game that is breaking it. I bet the counter is going nuts and adds kills when it shouldn't be or doesn't even track them properly. But tbh I didn't die that much, and almost always tried to avoid using harmful things near sligs.

4 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Your death shouldn't void the trophy. It's this buggy mess of a game that is breaking it. I bet the counter is going nuts and adds kills when it shouldn't be or doesn't even track them properly. But tbh I didn't die that much, and almost always tried to avoid using harmful things near sligs.

I mean...if you get the bad ending, the

Spoiler

flaming train blows up the brewery

and there has to be at least 100 Sligs in there, so...

lmao imagine if it counted the Sligs in that one cutscene where Abe makes it inside using the Shrykull ?

Edited by KristophDJHero

Just now, kamilinhoPL said:

No I meant if you're not quick enough the bombs kill the sligs and it does add to the slig kill counter so using alot of bouncy binding is a risky move. So if you accidently die it would add to your overall kill counter.

Just now, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

No I meant if you're not quick enough the bombs kill the sligs and it does add to the slig kill counter so using alot of bouncy binding is a risky move. So if you accidently die it would add to your overall kill counter.

Oh I get you know. True. Yeah if someone is not fast, shouldnt go this route for sure.

Yea, i did the same things initially, lob a few bindings, then smoke and throw some more, thing is that it was pi**ing me off when it hits the blockers helmet so I just thought f**k this, so i just went and killed them all and decided to leave 20 for these when doing less than 100 kills. 

My problem is im trying to do all badges at once. 

Smoke + could be good to knock them out, maybe less likely to hit the helmet then. U get loads of tape on last level dont u, and yea, u must be very quick to avoid spike bombs

11 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

It's even weirder to me that the person with the trophy popped it in level select.

He popped it on story, but had just done a single level select along the way is all

Edited by Optinooby

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yea, i did the same things initially, lob a few bindings, then smoke and throw some more, thing is that it was pi**ing me off when it hits the blockers helmet so I just thought f**k this, so i just went and killed them all and decided to leave 20 for these when doing less than 100 kills. 

My problem is im trying to do all badges at once. 

Smoke + could be good to knock them out, but be less likely to hit the helmet then. U get loads of tape om last level dont u

He popped it on story, but had just done a single level select along the way is all

Seriously if its all 17levels with good quarma and not killing 100sligs its gonna suck. especially in that Brewry level. I could run past, sneak around some guys in there and had only around 11 kills there? ( u get around 9 or 10 at beginning and cannot avoid it). But at the same time I left a lot of muds for death xD

Edited by kamilinhoPL

3 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

You tried the good ending? I know you're referring to the true ending.

Just wondering.

Some of us here have all tried it on the good ending, and havent got it...... 

Since 1 person got it from level 17, we're just thinking maybe its the true ending you need, Abe the true saviour and pacifist, not the hero the Muds need right now, but the legend they deserve

I have no idea at this point, literally could be anything or nothing as bugs just wipe out any logic

13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Some of us here have all tried it on the good ending, and havent got it...... 

Since 1 person got it from level 17, we're just thinking maybe its the true ending you need, Abe the true saviour and pacifist, not the hero the Muds need right now, but the legend they deserve

I have no idea at this point, literally could be anything or nothing as bugs just wipe out any logic

Oh right, I thought both the good and true endings are connected to completing level 17 depending on Quarma achieved? I wouldn't think the ending would make a difference to the trophy as long as level 17 was completed but who knows..

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

13 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Oh right, I thought both the good and true endings are connected to completing level 17 depending on Quarma achieved? I wouldn't think the ending would make a difference to the trophy as long as level 17 was completed but who knows..

Im the same, but who knows m8 at this point

Anyhow, I got a hold of Tomb finally on discord, hes going to look into it and let me know 

5 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

I mean...if you get the bad ending, the

Reveal hidden contents

flaming train blows up the brewery

and there has to be at least 100 Sligs in there, so...

lmao imagine if it counted the Sligs in that one cutscene where Abe makes it inside using the Shrykull ?

So... You start Brewery with 5 slig kills on the counter. As soon as it loads if you immediately pause, it is already at 5. It literally counts the ones that get killed in the cutscene. After using the Shrykull my counter for that level was at 9.

Edit: it's also possible this was some kind of bug, who knows

Edited by Mike_Kaspar

46 minutes ago, jack_a_snacks said:

Has anyone got a difficulty rating for this platinum?

Its one of those m8 thats its very difficult without a guide/walkthrough (6/10), but medium difficulty with 1 (4/10)

I dunno, its quite hard to say atm, it may get easier once all the bugs are fixed, where if they patch 10 bugs a week, the game should be bug free before Fast and Furious 31 releases in 2044! 

42 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I’m at lvl 16 will start playing again in a few hours. I’m thinking to just yolo it and overwrite my cloud save with my current playtrough. Getting all badges again won’t be a problem because ive pumped in way too many hours to figure shit out.

If u do m8, I really hope it works out

34 minutes ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

So... You start Brewery with 5 slig kills on the counter. As soon as it loads if you immediately pause, it is already at 5. It literally counts the ones that get killed in the cutscene. After using the Shrykull my counter for that level was at 9.

Edit: it's also possible this was some kind of bug, who knows

May explain why bad ending doesnt pop it xD if it is still counted as Game Completion

Do any sligs die on Good or True Endings?? 

• Like 1

Just spoke to the guy who popped it, he was kind enough to reply.... AGAIN, so thanks if he reads this ;)

He said he popped it on the BEST ENDING as he was getting all his badges again so he saved every1

So perhaps it is best ending, damn thats gonna be hard. 

Maybe it is only the end of level tally then and not every single kill including reloads/deaths, just has to be best ending. 

(I wonder if sligs are killed during good ending cutscene, but not best ending?? Sorry, I went and made a coffee during xD) 

Edited by Optinooby

24 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Just spoke to the guy who popped it, he was kind enough to reply.... AGAIN, so thanks if he reads this ;)

He said he popped it on the BEST ENDING as he was getting all his badges again so he saved every1

So perhaps it is best ending, damn thats gonna be hard. 

Maybe it is only the end of level tally then and not every single kill including reloads/deaths, just has to be best ending. 

(I wonder if sligs are killed during good ending cutscene, but not best ending?? Sorry, I went and made a coffee during xD) 

Been talking to him as well for days now and he was a bit faster then me. Currently struggling through level 16. However I have feeco depot with very bad quarma. I could test it with a good ending as I also wiped my 100% save file to get this trophy.

So currently abusing cloud save. I should have done it earlier though I have a bad feeling I am too late with the cloud save but we'll see. I'll finish the game tonight for sure

12 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Moment of truth!! 

Im gonna see if it works via chapter select

Chapter select isn't the problem it's almost certain the game gets fucked up with checkpoint reloads. So hope Edinho is lucky

If not for cloudsave goodluck on the brewery if checkpoints do count up I would have been at 300+ already lol. Lvl 16 is insane to not get any kills. It's taking ages using cloud save but it does get the job done

Edited by Deluziion90

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Chapter select isn't the problem it's almost certain the game gets fucked up with checkpoint reloads. So hope Edinho is lucky

Maybe, but none of us have done it on the BEST ending except for the popper, so its possible reloads doesnt affect it, but then its possible it does. 

But thats what my test should prove, because if level select works, then reloads are perhaps ok

Im going to reload and kill about 100 sligs at the end anyway to be sure before I do last level properly!! 

Of course, this is all based on u guys having luck popping it on the BEST ending xD