Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

All you PS5 owners glad you got it for free and I'm still a PS4 peasant who paid £45. ?

A little steep for me, but I'm always happy to support these guys. Been a big fan since the original game in 1997 so happy to help. Although this game has been a bit of a disappointment, and not just because of buggy trophies.

So I just beat the game again. And guess what. No fucking trophy.

Here are my kills:

LVL 1    0
LVL 2    0
LVL 3    0
LVL 4    0
LVL 5    8 or 9? not entirely sure
LVL 6    0
LVL 7    0
LVL 8    0
LVL 9    0
LVL 10    3
LVL 11    1
LVL 12    0
LVL 13    3
LVL 14    0
LVL 15    0
LVL 16    9
LVL 17    5

So basically only 29 slig kills throughout the game.

I deleted my save file and started a new playthrough. Pretty annoying since you can't skip the cutscenes, I thought "well whatever" as long as I get the trophy. Did every level with good Quarma/1000 mudokons saved (I saved EVERY mudokon in the game). Didn't mess up the slig kills so I never had to reload checkpoints or use cloud save/loads for that. My save file with the badges is saved on cloud, so I couldn't have anyway. All the true ending scenes and credits played out and still no trophy. Now here I am, staring at the main menu screen wanting to nail Abe to a fucking cross.

Either it's entirely up to RNG if you pop the trophy OR there's somehing very specifc that you have to do. Anyways, I'm done with this game. I'll just wait for a patch and and a step-by-step guide on how the trophy works.

Fuck this game.

Edited by Foremanskin

24 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

So I just beat the game again. And guess what. No fucking trophy.

Here are my kills:

LVL 1    0
LVL 2    0
LVL 3    0
LVL 4    0
LVL 5    8 or 9? not entirely sure
LVL 6    0
LVL 7    0
LVL 8    0
LVL 9    0
LVL 10    3
LVL 11    1
LVL 12    0
LVL 13    3
LVL 14    0
LVL 15    0
LVL 16    9
LVL 17    5

So basically only 29 slig kills throughout the game.

I deleted my save file and started a new playthrough. Pretty annoying since you can't skip the cutscenes, I thought "well whatever" as long as I get the trophy. Did every level with good Quarma/1000 mudokons saved (I saved EVERY mudokon in the game). Didn't mess up the slig kills so I never had to reload checkpoints or use cloud save/loads for that. My save file with the badges is saved on cloud, so I couldn't have anyway. All the true ending scenes and credits played out and still no trophy. Now here I am, staring at the main menu screen wanting to nail Abe to a fucking cross.

Either it's entirely up to RNG if you pop the trophy OR there's somehing very specifc that you have to do. Anyways, I'm done with this game. I'll just wait for a patch and and a step-by-step guide on how the trophy works.

Fuck this game.

I know m8, its just fire at will at this point. 

One weird thing is every1 who popped it did level select at some point, but ive got no idea on that 1 lol

Its a hell of a stretch, but u could try doing a single level via leve select, then doing last level again.... 

Edited by Optinooby

43 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

Fuck this game.

This is so bs. There must be some weirdly specific thing you need to do to pop it during the run and it's dumb that nobody knows what that is yet.

35 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I know m8, its just fire at will at this point. 

One weird thing is every1 who popped it did level select at some point, but ive got no idea on that 1 lol

Its a hell of a stretch, but u could try doing a single level via leve select, then doing last level again.... 

Yeah, I tried that too and it didn't work.

Good luck to you people who still want to do runs for the trophy. I think it's wiser to just wait for a patch instead of losing your sanity playing this game.

1 minute ago, Foremanskin said:

Yeah, I tried that too and it didn't work.

Good luck to you people who still want to do runs for the trophy. I think it's wiser to just wait for a patch instead of losing your sanity playing this game.

Yeah I had 52 kills, less if you don't include the kills automatically given to you on level 16. I'm waiting for a patch for this trophy, I wasted two days going for this trophy it's not worth it.

Moved onto another game.

1 hour ago, Foremanskin said:

Fuck this game.

So just spent a while catching up on all the threads after my failed NG run to pop this trophy. From two new poppers this is what I understand:

- True ending + 102 kills counting checkpoint reload (rules out checkpoint reload as a blocker for the trophy)

- Good ending + truly less than 100 kills (rules out necessity for True ending)

My conclusion is it's bugged and that there is no guaranteed way to get this trophy at the moment. There's just way too many variables that are different amongst the 3 poppers and seemingly identical runs done by many more people who the trophy did NOT pop for.

Hi everyone, I apologise that this may sound stupid but does taping up the sligs not count as killing them? I am currently on a run trying for the less than 100 sligs killed trophy. 

After reading everything here, I am prepared to not get it pop at the end, but I will try for it, if I don’t get it I will be even more angry with this trash game. Believe me, I have almost smashed my TV, PS5, & PS5 controller over all the bugs, I really feel like going wild at the devs because this games state is disgusting. 

To make matters worse I thought the story was complete lazy trash, it didn’t even feel like a story to me, especially the “good ending”, it seriously implies we will get another game (or maybe a DLC for it, but please no, I am sick and tired of the amount of playthroughs I have put into this game to get the other trophies and when we actually can 100% it I never want to see the game again.

Im basically just begging for 1.8 patch, but you know, devs are shit these days, they take weeks to fix one stupid thing and then “that’s it for now, get another patch next week and that will fix bug 3/100” 

I have had enough and am stressed beyond belief with this basterd game.

Sorry for the rant guys, massive congratulations and respect to those of you who have popped the slig trophy, and extremely sorry to those of you who haven’t, who put in all those hours grinding yet again through this SLOG of a game only to not get it because... the devs suck.

If anyone can confirm that taping the sligs doesn’t count as killing them I will be very appreciative and greatful.

Good luck everyone, roll on patch 1.8 but ergh, will we actually get the trophy bugs fixed in 1.8? We will probably get “fixed an issue with trash not being in a bin” 

I really hope 1.8 fixes the trophies tho, the game is heading towards 3 weeks old now and still broken, on PS4 it shouldn’t even be allowed to be sold.

Hello everyone, I'm NoxYokai. I don't post here often, but I thought you should all know about this. As you might have guessed, the Gold trophy "Gameplay master, platinum" is 100% glitched. There's no workaround I'm afraid. And I have proof, let me explain.

The "Gameplay master, bronze" trophy is earned once you get a quarter of the game's badges, right? The game has 372 badges, but the trophy is earned when you get your 102nd badge, which is not the quarter of 372 at all (it should be 93). So why is that? It's because developers have not set the right numbers in game's code I'm afraid. The game thinks each level has the same number of badges: 24. Which is wrong. And you can notice that mistake in the leaderboards (first level leaderboard reports 12/24 for the highest achievers). So, basically, the game thinks there are 408 badges (24 badges x 17 levels). And when you divide 408 by 4, you magically get... 102, required amount of the trophy mentioned above. That's why the "Gameplay master, platinum" trophy cannot be obtained: it's set to unlock at 408, which is an amount of badges that's too high to reach, since there are only 372. It also explains why all other "Gameplay master" trophies can still be obtained: their required amount of badges is below 372. Hope this is useful.

Thanks for your attention. ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, William said:

Hello everyone, I'm NoxYokai. I don't post here often, but I thought you should all know about this. As you might have guessed, the Gold trophy "Gameplay master, platinum" is 100% glitched. There's no workaround I'm afraid. And I have proof, let me explain.

The "Gameplay master, bronze" trophy is earned once you get a quarter of the game's badges, right? The game has 372 badges, but the trophy is earned when you get your 102nd badge, which is not the quarter of 372 at all (it should be 93). So why is that? It's because developers have not set the right numbers in game's code I'm afraid. The game thinks each level has the same number of badges: 24. Which is wrong. And you can notice that mistake in the leaderboards (first level leaderboard reports 12/24 for the highest achievers). So, basically, the game thinks there are 408 badges (24 badges x 17 levels). And when you divide 408 by 4, you magically get... 102, required amount of the trophy mentioned above. That's why the "Gameplay master, platinum" trophy cannot be obtained: it's set to unlock at 408, which is an amount of badges that's too high to reach, since there are only 372. It also explains why all other "Gameplay master" trophies can still be obtained: their required amount of badges is below 372. Hope this is useful.

Thanks for your attention. 1f499.png

Wow, it actually gets worse, so they have put a completely unattainable trophy into their own game, not a buggy/glitched trophy, but 100% unattainable because they didn’t do the maths, oh man... I don’t think I’ve ever seen any dev be this stupid. 

So what now :/ ? They’ve got to either completely reprogram or just remove the trophy from the game right? I just want to be done with shitstorm now, I’ve had enough. And I don’t have any hope of this or the slig trophy being fixed in 1.8, whenever we get that. 

The stress is beyond belief 

• Like 1

Just reported to the Oddworld devs, btw.

1 minute ago, bubbly_page5 said:

Wow, it actually gets worse, so they have put a completely unattainable trophy into their own game, not a buggy/glitched trophy, but 100% unattainable because they didn’t do the maths, oh man... I don’t think I’ve ever seen any dev be this stupid. 

So what now :/ ? They’ve got to either completely reprogram or just remove the trophy from the game right? I just want to be done with shitstorm now, I’ve had enough. And I don’t have any hope of this or the slig trophy being fixed in 1.8, whenever we get that. 

The stress is beyond belief 

At the end of the day, it's just a video game. I know the feeling, but don't stress over this. This is fixable. There are four lines of codes to update with the right values. Might autopop on next update. Let's be optimistic.

As for the Slig trophy, I don't have anything to recommend I'm afraid. But other achievers may be able to advise you.

• Like 2

Just now, William said:

Just reported to the Oddworld devs, btw.

Top man, if there is anyway I can also (just so it increases all our chances of getting these fixed) please let me know how.

Im also sorry about my moaning everyone, my OCD has gone out of control and I just want these trophies. I will try to be more upbeat now. I might finish my slig kill run tomorrow, I’m not sure tho, may be busy but I’ll let you all know whether I do or do not get the trophy and my exact number of kills. 

I am using cloud saves and downloading them every time I mess up, I will not reload one single checkpoint for my run (but as we all know, people here have already tried this method only to not get the trophy to pop at the end) 

43 minutes ago, bubbly_page5 said:

Top man, if there is anyway I can also (just so it increases all our chances of getting these fixed) please let me know how.

Im also sorry about my moaning everyone, my OCD has gone out of control and I just want these trophies. I will try to be more upbeat now. I might finish my slig kill run tomorrow, I’m not sure tho, may be busy but I’ll let you all know whether I do or do not get the trophy and my exact number of kills. 

I am using cloud saves and downloading them every time I mess up, I will not reload one single checkpoint for my run (but as we all know, people here have already tried this method only to not get the trophy to pop at the end) 

I get the trophy with checkpoint reloads. So try to not kill slogs too. I dont know if this is important for the trophy but you never know about this game.... 

• Like 1

Just got all 100% badges again on a brand new save file at 1.07 and no trophy so yeah it's broken.

Had to replay anyways as I used my cloud save to get the <100 slig trophy.

Well that's me officially done and "platinum" for this game untill they fix the master badges trophy.

total: 92hrs lol

7 hours ago, William said:

And you can notice that mistake in the leaderboards (first level leaderboard reports 12/24 for the highest achievers). So, basically, the game thinks there are 408 badges (24 badges x 17 levels). And when you divide 408 by 4, you magically get... 102, required amount of the trophy mentioned above. That's why the "Gameplay master, platinum" trophy cannot be obtained: it's set to unlock at 408, which is an amount of badges that's too high to reach, since there are only 372.

I had a feeling that this 12/24 would be an issue when I saw it on the leaderboards and then saw that 0.00% of people had the Gameplay master, platinum trophy. I just figured that the game wrongly assumed each level had 24 badges total and this is why nobody had it yet.

Really unfortunate and a massive oversight by the devs. Fingers crossed 1.08 fixes everything but I'm not hopeful.

9 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

I get the trophy with checkpoint reloads. So try to not kill slogs too. I dont know if this is important for the trophy but you never know about this game.... 

How do you progress through the brewery sections bro? I’ve only ever done that level once and I thought you had to kill the slogs to then be able to progress further or something? 

And sorry but does taping sligs or using binding coundy definitely not count as kills? I see “Sligs killed” in the pause menu doesn’t increase after I tie them up but with this game I can’t be sure if it counts. 

I might finish the run today I’m really not sure, I want to but I am going to be so angry if I don’t get the trophy.

The only other thing I can think as to why some are popping and others are not popping the trophy despite doing the exact same as each other, do you think it could be an issue with the PS4/PS5 version? I mean like I’m not sure if the poppers have it on PS4/PS5 and those who haven’t had it pop have it on PS4/PS5.

Because you have all covered and excluded like every single thing that could not be making the trophy pop, this is a nightmare I can’t wait until we find out what the definite bug is, but what on earth can it be :/

Cloud saves all the way, just finished the piece of shit game and didn’t get the trophy. Fuck this shit game I’m done with it. 

I am extremely extremely angry right now omg seriously, I can’t calm down, all of that shit and no trophy, what the hell is the actual bug, I swear how are some getting it and others who do the exact same do not get it.

Has anyone got a link to contact them anywhere? I’ve had enough sorry 

1 hour ago, bubbly_page5 said:

Cloud saves all the way, just finished the piece of shit game and didn’t get the trophy. Fuck this shit game I’m done with it. 

I am extremely extremely angry right now omg seriously, I can’t calm down, all of that shit and no trophy, what the hell is the actual bug, I swear how are some getting it and others who do the exact same do not get it.

Has anyone got a link to contact them anywhere? I’ve had enough sorry 

Hey man, I was pretty upset as well and decided I needed to step away and play other games that were more enjoyable for me. I may come back at some point when the game is fixed and there are concrete details on these last trophies. Until then I think it's best to let the game go :)

Trophy hunting is fun to a point and sometimes us trophy hunters need to just let it go because this game is not worth the trouble. Really looking forward to Returnal! Housemarque always has very enjoyable trophy lists :D

• Like 1

Hello everybody.

At the moment I am constantly on the topic here to get the fastest information.

I would like to comment on the "> 100 Slig Kill" trophy.

I've done a run since release that also includes the platinum badges and "No-Dead". (Of course via level selection.)

In the 1st run, I had 73 kills. Due to the level selection, however, +14. (Still under 100.)
- I had a lot of kills before the checkpoint reload.

At the 2nd run. Was the new update 1.07 here and only played the bad ending with all Mudokons kill.
(I had already done 1088 Mudokon at Level 15: Yards.
The trophy didn't come with the 100 kill, but in the Bad Ending Cutscene.)
Then I earned 12 levels of good quarma to unlock the last two.
In total I had 59 kills (with the repeated levels.)

As a 3rd run and just now. I had deleted and reinstalled the game and the save.
Here I achieved the "True End" (everywhere at least + 80% saved).
I had 47 kills here with no level selection.

Unfortunately the trophy didn't come.

But two things are important to me.
First: From Level 15: Yards to Level 16: Brewery. The timer and deaths have not been reset.

Another thing I think about, and I think it could be that the trophy does not come up.
(I know that the trophy should come up with the text: "Meanwhile", but maybe it's the following reason.)
- After level 17: Eye of the Storm, there is no summary as in the other levels.
After you are back in the menu, some of the HUD elements are also displayed.

This is my information.

I think "NoxYokai @William", "CaptainSellers @crash" and "Deluziion90 @Deluziion90" were just lucky.
Just like some had with the "Vendo" trophy on "Eye of the Storm".

Those who are affected can only wait and see. :3

*xx*
Edited by AbeToShrykull

8 hours ago, Mike_Kaspar said:

Hey man, I was pretty upset as well and decided I needed to step away and play other games that were more enjoyable for me. I may come back at some point when the game is fixed and there are concrete details on these last trophies. Until then I think it's best to let the game go :)

Trophy hunting is fun to a point and sometimes us trophy hunters need to just let it go because this game is not worth the trouble. Really looking forward to Returnal! Housemarque always has very enjoyable trophy lists :D

Yeah apologies for my swearing etc last night man, I was so fed up but sorry to bring my frustration here. It is just completely mind boggling as to what the bug really is, we all know now that even downloading the cloud save you had before each time you accidentally kill one slig and overwriting the data, being as careful as you can get still doesn’t unlock this trophy.

I can’t find any mention of this on the actual oddworld website, are they even aware? I really hope so. No mention of patch 1.8 neither, and I don’t even know if they intend to fix this and the badges trophy in 1.8.

If I only didn’t have uncontrollable OCD I would be able to let it go, trophies have honestly ruined games for me, especially when things like this happen with them.

Sorry to everyone, I wish we could get a grasp on what on earth the actual bug is with this, so, so weird and confusing.

I can’t go through another whole run again, who knows if I’ll get it on my next run, or if I don’t get it on that maybe another run?... Very weird.