Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

43 minutes ago, bubbly_page5 said:

Sorry to everyone, I wish we could get a grasp on what on earth the actual bug is with this, so, so weird and confusing.

Nah mate this is legitimately a frustrating circumstance, no one knows what the hell is causing the trophy to pop / not pop and people are wasting so much time doing runs for absolutely no reward.

I've shelved the game for the time being and gone back to other ones, not worth the pain at the moment. Two of the three trophies I have left are buggy and won't pop no matter what I do so byeeeeeeee for now

I have some new information about the "kill less than 100 sligs" trophy and I can now confirm that there's no secret thing you have to do. It's just pure luck if you pop the trophy.

I just did another quick speedrun of the game. I figured that maybe apprehending and killing slogs would raise the hidden counter too. I had 37 sligs killed. 2 slogs killed. 39 sligs apprehended. So that would equal to 78 "kills". I got the good ending and you've guessed it, still no trophy.

I can now say with certainty that it's not worth doing runs anymore. Of course you might just get lucky and pop the trophy, but it's more than likely you're not going to.

I will just wait for a patch now. (I know I said that earlier, but now I'm ACTUALLY done with this game lol.) 

57 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

I have some new information about the "kill less than 100 sligs" trophy and I can now confirm that there's no secret thing you have to do. It's just pure luck if you pop the trophy.

I just did another quick speedrun of the game. I figured that maybe apprehending and killing slogs would raise the hidden counter too. I had 37 sligs killed. 2 slogs killed. 39 sligs apprehended. So that would equal to 78 "kills". I got the good ending and you've guessed it, still no trophy.

I can now say with certainty that it's not worth doing runs anymore. Of course you might just get lucky and pop the trophy, but it's more than likely you're not going to.

I will just wait for a patch now. (I know I said that earlier, but now I'm ACTUALLY done with this game lol.) 

Wow bro omg ??? Massive respect you done another whole run, I was going to ask how on earth you and others here get through Escape and Brewery without killing many sligs and also saving the Mudokons! I got good quarma in all levels except Feeco Depot, Brewery & Eye Of The Storm, on those 3 I could not find a way to save the mudokons and not kill many sligs, honestly I had like 20+ kills in Escape & Brewery, so you and others here have some serious skill! 

I was so bored and tired and angry with Brewery I was just letting so many Mudokons die in the end, I looted every single locker trying to save up bouncy binding coundy so I wouldn’t get kills raised on the sligs using that, but there was no way I could save Mudokons as well as that, I basically threw binding candy at the flying sligs in brewery and fizzy pop/pow at the ground ones and as soon as the button became active to free the Mudokons in those electric cage things I would throw smoke bombs down press the button and just run the hell out of the area onto the next leaving many sligs and Mudokons behind. The parts where you unlock the gates where you climb up through all the many types of sligs and have to use fizzy pow to smash the things open above you drove me absoloutely mad, I just threw fizzy pow/pop at sligs then jumped up through onto the next level and so on. Sorry that might sound confusing.

But you and others here have some seriously good skill and strategies, I definitely need to work on that, I was rushing at the end.

Ive still got my cloud save which is right at the final boss, don’t know if it’s worth trying to get past the final boss in one go because there I used reload checkpoint 100s of times, but no as you have already tested, you had way under 100 and didn’t get the trophy. I can also promise I had 98 kills... 98 I’m the worst lol but I am 100% I finished the final with 98, waited very anxiously and stressed through the final cutscenes, stayed up way later than usual and got to the main menu again and that was when I knew, no trophy for me, after all that.

I wish we could get an insight from the devs as to what they’re doing for 1.8, before 1.7 was released there was a brief reply from them on someone to some other bug on Twitter saying “yes it’s fixed in 1.7”

Added to the info.

I had 59 Slig kills in run 2.

And in Run 3, 47 Kills.

I am also quite sure that I never killed 53+ sligs before the checkpoint reload. In neither run.

I also think that the trophy can actually be programmed quite easily, since you should only count the kill sum of the summary.

I also thought that it counted like the quarma. Only the best is stored there. So if I finish the level with 98% Quarma and finish it again with 50%, the 98% remains. Only when I have more e.g. 100% this is saved.

That's what I thought about the Slig Kills. Then you could even improve the Slig Kills without starting a new game. As I said, I think programming is actually easy. But I suspect that there is somehow a miscalculation that is random. Different values can appear that we cannot even imagine.

So it may well be that it comes automatically when it has been fixed, just as I strongly suspect with the badge trophy. (Is only provided with wrong numbers.)

And the Official Info to 1.08:

"Work is already underway on Patch 1.08, which we’re hoping will include an option for players to turn off the HUD and Rewards Badges pop ups to further immerse themselves in Abe’s adventure!"

Edited by AbeToShrykull

The only thing that could still be important to know is whether you have seen the summary of the "Eye of the Storm" level after finishing it.

Maybe that's because of that.
(I didn't see the summary, I went straight to the menu after the cut scene.)
- Therefore the game may think that it is not over because it does not have the summary of the last level. :3

*xx*

59 minutes ago, AbeToShrykull said:

The only thing that could still be important to know is whether you have seen the summary of the "Eye of the Storm" level after finishing it.

- Therefore the game may think that it is not over because it does not have the summary of the last level. :3

*xx*

No way I'm doing an entire run to test this but you could be right. My complete run I got that HUD glitch where it's almost like the game thinks you're still in the mission, while on the main menu. Since I skipped the cutscene the post-mission screen with all the tallies and badges never played. I did replay the final mission and let the cutscene play out but obviously no trophy.

2 hours ago, AbeToShrykull said:

*xx*

One of the runs I completed was on a new save file, meaning I couldn't skip cutscenes and let the credits play out and still didn't get the trophy. On my last run I did see the HUD glitch but I don't think it's related to whether the trophy pops or not. It's just messed up code and if you're really REALLY lucky, the trophy pops.

1 hour ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

Maybe the key to get this trophy is to don't turn off your ps5. I have done trophies in other games that the body count was reseted after turn off the game or the video game. Maybe if we just don't close the game and don't shut down the ps5 it is going to work I guess.

I turned my ps5 off multiple times and got it so don't think this is the solution

I played the last level again yesterday. (So then 47 + 13 kills).

After the cutscene this time the summary came, but no trophy.

But I've noticed twice, since the update to 1.07, that the summary of the last level does not appear if you end the run correctly.
(It only appears when you select a level.)

Probably the Slig Kill gets another calculation influence, so that the result is wrong.

Hope it will appear automatically after 1.08.

Hey guys! Is anybody having problem with the following trophy?

The Light, It Burns!
Scared off at least 500 Sleeches

I already did the level 5 times, 1 was the first playtrough and the other 4 via chapter select and I still did not get the trophy.

I very much doubt I didn’t scare 500 sleeches already....

Thanks for the help!

Edit: got it guys, thanks anyway! 

Edited by MasterDudu

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Nope. Some of those are retro goodness.

This is my thoughts. Some are pretty cool ideas and fun. Sometimes easier more laid back things are good to mix in with things. 

However, in terms of the trophy system, the whole quick/cheap plat business completely taints any kind of leaderboards, in fairness. Comparing a 15 second platinum to a 250 hour platinum is, well, incomparable

Edited by GeorgieBeast

Update 1.08 is here.

To get the "Gameplay master, platinum" trophy and you already have all the badges, you only have to start and finish one level.

I earned the "Too Pure For This World" trophy in such a way that I have a save before the last level.

I finished this and got the trophy with a total of 45 sligs kills.

I also tried to see if the trophy would appear if I had the last level before the patch. In any case, it did not appear automatically in the menu. But it might be enough if you simply repeat a level here as well.

Good luck and see you soon in Nolybab!

*xx*

*Until then: 150.28h

Edited by AbeToShrykull

2 hours ago, AbeToShrykull said:

Update 1.08 is here.

To get the "Gameplay master, platinum" trophy and you already have all the badges, you only have to start and finish one level.

I earned the "Too Pure For This World" trophy in such a way that I have a save before the last level.

I finished this and got the trophy with a total of 45 sligs kills.

I also tried to see if the trophy would appear if I had the last level before the patch. In any case, it did not appear automatically in the menu. But it might be enough if you simply repeat a level here as well.

Good luck and see you soon in Nolybab!

*xx*

*Until then: 150.28h

I wonder if  "Too Pure For This World" work in chapter select now ? It would be much faster without saving any Muds.