Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

4 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

So glitched trophies include:

- 100 Sligs

- All Platinum badges

- Eye of the Storm without Vendos

Gotta add the bad ending trophy to this as well, but that's a known issue by the devs now. Can't say the same for the above 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

Gotta add the bad ending trophy to this as well, but that's a known issue by the devs now. Can't say the same for the above 3

Yep, that one as well. I deliberately tried to get negative Quarma for most stages and got what I believe is one of the bad endings (sure seemed that way), but no trophy.

EDIT: For those of you with the no deaths trophy, how did you tackle your no-death runs? Restarting checkpoints at crucial moments, or closing the app if you died on a story run?

Edited by KristophDJHero

6 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

Yep, that one as well. I deliberately tried to get negative Quarma for most stages and got what I believe is one of the bad endings (sure seemed that way), but no trophy.

EDIT: For those of you with the no deaths trophy, how did you tackle your no-death runs? Restarting checkpoints at crucial moments, or closing the app if you died on a story run?

I did the tropy with cloud safe method. 

On the FAQ on the Oddworld site you can read this: 

To unlock the “Whose Side Are You On?” Trophy 1,000 Mudokons must die during Story Mode

Maybe its not enough just run through the story without killing the mudos? I tried the trophy by just running to the end of the story and killed noboby.

2 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

I did the tropy with cloud safe method. 

To unlock the “Whose Side Are You On?” Trophy 1,000 Mudokons must die during Story Mode

Maybe its not enough just run through the story without killing the mudos? I tried the trophy by just running to the end of the story and killed noboby.

How does the Cloud Save method work? Does it only work in story mode or can it be done in level select?

Just git gud tbh. I did it all without any save methods. It really isn't that hard. Especially when you ignore mudokons. Most levels can be done in 15 minutes. Even when playing on Easy sniper sligs can't one shot you so if you get spotted you can quickly reload checkpoint. The hardest level for me was Phat station because it's so long and the hardest part starts at the end with the weird stairs and the machines that are rotating.

4 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

How does the Cloud Save method work? Does it only work in story mode or can it be done in level select?

Only works in story mode. 

Play till you get to a checkpoint where you thinking you will die in the next minutes. Close the game, go to settings and upload your safe from your ps5 to your ps plus cloud safe. Continue the game, if you die, load the safe from the cloud. Repeat All steps. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Only works in story mode. 

Play till you get to a checkpoint where you thinking you will die in the next minutes. Close the game, go to settings and upload your safe from your ps5 to your ps plus cloud safe. Continue the game, if you die, load the safe from the cloud. Repeat All steps. 

Oh awesome!! If it gets too annoying I'll start a new playthrough on story mode to give this a go. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just git gud tbh. I did it all without any save methods. It really isn't that hard. Especially when you ignore mudokons. Most levels can be done in 15 minutes. Even when playing on Easy sniper sligs can't one shot you so if you get spotted you can quickly reload checkpoint. The hardest level for me was Phat station because it's so long and the hardest part starts at the end with the weird stairs and the machines that are rotating.

Honestly I've already made it through a few levels without dying while I clean up the Platinums, so I think I'll probably just stick with it this way.

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The hardest level for me was Phat station because it's so long and the hardest part starts at the end with the weird stairs and the machines that are rotating.

Yeah, playing those parts with the spinning pistons instantly had me worrying about doing it without dying.

1 hour ago, Asher1985 said:

Yeah, playing those parts with the spinning pistons instantly had me worrying about doing it without dying.

You can stand inbetween the blades, looks like u cant, but u can ;)

3 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Did you make sure you did save almost NOONE though..... 

Other than the Story related level 1 saves (300), there are an additional 1153 in the other 14 levels to saves as I just counted, that means u cant save many

And if you must pop this on level 17, then its going to be very tricky indeed because with the story 300 saves, its going to be hard to unlock last few levels AND not save 1000.

With levels 2, 8 and 13, thats 870 Muds if u dont save so could perhaps still unlock last 2 levels, question is how many on last 2, can we make that 130?

Unless first u must unlock last 2, then go back and let some die with them unlocked. 

Liberating the Muds trophy popped on level 17 right, so no doubt this 1 maybe to?? 

EDIT:

131 on the last 2 levels, so if u kill all on levels 2, 8, 13, 16 and 17, that will be 1001. Some levels domt have ways to kill the Muds, 2, 8, and 13 are those escape levels so easy enough, not sure about the rest if you MUST kill them

Edited by Optinooby

13 hours ago, Sebastian said:

12 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You can stand inbetween the blades, looks like u cant, but u can ;)

Did you make sure you did save almost NOONE though..... 

Other than the Story related level 1 saves (300), there are an additional 1153 in the other 14 levels to saves as I just counted, that means u cant save many

And if you must pop this on level 17, then its going to be very tricky indeed because with the story 300 saves, its going to be hard to unlock last few levels AND not save 1000.

With levels 2, 8 and 13, thats 870 Muds if u dont save so could perhaps still unlock last 2 levels, question is how many on last 2, can we make that 130?

Unless first u must unlock last 2, then go back and let some die with them unlocked. 

Liberating the Muds trophy popped on level 17 right, so no doubt this 1 maybe to?? 

EDIT:

131 on the last 2 levels, so if u kill all on levels 2, 8, 13, 16 and 17, that will be 1001. Some levels domt have ways to kill the Muds, 2, 8, and 13 are those escape levels so easy enough, not sure about the rest if you MUST kill them

4 hours ago, Asher1985 said:

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Ladies and Gentleman: I got the trophy for the bad ending. just start a new game and play the first 15 levels and kill EVERY mudo you see. YES YOU MUST KILL THEM NOT ONLY FINISH THE LEVEL WITHOUT RESCUE THE MUDOS. (You cannot kill every mudo in every level like in level 13 Escape, you need to rescue the frist 3 to complete the level. Here is my List for the Mudo kills in every Level. You need a total of 1000 kills at the end of level 15 for the trophy.

Level 1 - 0 kills

Level 2 - 0 kills

Level 3  - 149 kills

Level 4 - 7 kills

Level 5 - 19 kills

Level 6 - 30 kills

Level 7 - 15 kills

Level 8 - 241 kills

Level 9 - 45 kills

Level 10 - 32 kills

Level 11 - 47 kills

Level 12 - 0 kills

Level 13 - 386 kills

Level 14 - 25 kills

Level 15 - 27 kills

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Ladies and Gentleman: I got the trophy for the bad ending. just start a new game and play the first 15 levels and kill EVERY mudo you see. YES YOU MUST KILL THEM NOT ONLY FINISH THE LEVEL WITHOUT RESCUE THE MUDOS. (You cannot kill every mudo in every level like in level 13 Escape, you need to rescue the frist 3 to complete the level. Here is my List for the Mudo kills in every Level. You need a total of 1000 kills at the end of level 15 for the trophy.

Level 1 - 0 kills

Level 2 - 0 kills

Level 3  - 149 kills

Level 4 - 7 kills

Level 5 - 19 kills

Level 6 - 30 kills

Level 7 - 15 kills

Level 8 - 241 kills

Level 9 - 45 kills

Level 10 - 32 kills

Level 11 - 47 kills

Level 12 - 0 kills

Level 13 - 386 kills

Level 14 - 25 kills

Level 15 - 27 kills

Time for a speedrun ?

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Is it a bug i'm experiencing, on Level 16 I automatically start with 6 sligs dead. If so, it would seem a little unfair for these 6 sligs to be counted for the under 100 sligs trophy.

Sometimes they are story related, not much u can do

6 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

They said the monkey bars got fixed? Because they still dont work for me most of the time on The Hijack level. Getting sick of this game tbh. Never seen a platformer game this bugged on release probably ever.

They admit though that still need a little more tuning

On the train, for the bars closer togethee, I always press down towards to fall off in the direction im going them jump, lands almost every time. Drop off at an angle them jump ;)

Just now, Optinooby said:

Sometimes they are story related, not much u can do

They admit though that still need a little more tuning

On the train, for the bars closer togethee, I always press down towards to fall off in the direction im going them jump, lands almost every time. Drop off at an angle them jump ;)

I think I figured out how to grab the far ones, and it seems pretty accurate. I just double jump in the last moment right into the bar otherwise he just flies thru it. Messed up physics big time.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:11 PM, Optinooby said:

Not sure abt writing a guide, but defo going to be doing a video platinum speedrun, and for Horizon Zero Dawn ready for the free drop ;)

This is what I like to hear Optinoob. I'm waiting for your speedrun vid(s) before going into this game.

8 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Level 1 - 0 kills

Level 2 - 0 kills

Level 3  - 149 kills

Level 4 - 7 kills

Level 5 - 19 kills

Level 6 - 30 kills

Level 7 - 15 kills

Level 8 - 241 kills

Level 9 - 45 kills

Level 10 - 32 kills

Level 11 - 47 kills

Level 12 - 0 kills

Level 13 - 386 kills

Level 14 - 25 kills

Level 15 - 27 kills

omg lmao so you do have to do a murder run. Okay then... ?

Any thoughts on the Pacifist trophy (kill less than 100 sligs)?? 

I know its bugged apparently, but when its fixed, specifically any idea if it will pop at Level 15 or Level 17?? 

Sorry to call u out, but u guys are vets on this by now, have u hears anything about 'where' it pops?? @Deluziion90 @IX_Edinho_XI

The save/kill Mudos trophies pop on levels 15 and 17, or perhaps each can pop on both so i really have no idea with the pacifist trophy

Im very curious becausebif its chapter 17 trigger only, then it couls be very difficult as u cant really cheese like the no deaths. More manageable if on level 15, not looking forward to managing under 100 across all levels if so

Thanks guys ;)

53 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Any thoughts on the Pacifist trophy (kill less than 100 sligs)?? 

I know its bugged apparently, but when its fixed, specifically any idea if it will pop at Level 15 or Level 17?? 

Sorry to call u out, but u guys are vets on this by now, have u hears anything about 'where' it pops?? @Deluziion90 @IX_Edinho_XI

The save/kill Mudos trophies pop on levels 15 and 17, or perhaps each can pop on both so i really have no idea with the pacifist trophy

Im very curious becausebif its chapter 17 trigger only, then it couls be very difficult as u cant really cheese like the no deaths. More manageable if on level 15, not looking forward to managing under 100 across all levels if so

Thanks guys ;)

Got to level 15 and finished with bad ending with less than 50 slig kills on easy. It was pretty easy to do. No trophy whatsoever lol.

Edited by kamilinhoPL

2 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Got to level 15 and finished with bad ending with less than 50 slig kills on easy. It was pretty easy to do. No trophy whatsoever lol.

Its apparently bugged so we dont know where it pops

Yea, its not too bad up to 15, its 16 and 17 that are the problems, each of those alone will probably have 20 or 30 kills

Im thinking more about doing badges at the same time as well as getting all Muds without killing

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Its apparently bugged so we dont know where it pops

Yea, its not too bad up to 15, its 16 and 17 that are the problems, each of those alone will probably have 20 or 30 kills

Im thinking more about doing badges at the same time as well as getting all Muds without killing

I'll ask the devs maybe they will hint if it's 15 or 17. 

Personally I think 17. 

Going for lvl15 only would be very easy

14 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'll ask the devs maybe they will hint if it's 15 or 17. 

Personally I think 17. 

Going for lvl15 only would be very easy

Thanks m8, let me know if u find anything useful

Would be, but it any1 guess at this point as the save 1000 Muds triggers 17 which is easy as gives an extra 130 to add to the total, yet the kill 1000 is harder as it pops on 15.

Of course, probably cause its impossible to kill 1000 and unlock levels 16/17, but then what if u have already unlocked those levels and level select to kill those 1000, will it then pop on 15 or 17 or both?? 

So many questions still, im not so sure Devs will answer these though it will be left for us to find out through weeks of messing ;(

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks m8, let me know if u find anything useful

Would be, but it any1 guess at this point as the save 1000 Muds triggers 17 which is easy as gives an extra 130 to add to the total, yet the kill 1000 is harder as it pops on 15.

Of course, probably cause its impossible to kill 1000 and unlock levels 16/17, but then what if u have already unlocked those levels and level select to kill those 1000, will it then pop on 15 or 17 or both?? 

So many questions still, im not so sure Devs will answer these though it will be left for us to find out through weeks of messing ;(

The bad ending has to be on a new save file for sure + It doesnt take too long. Even more cool that I confirm it right now as I'm watching the final cutscene with 1057 mudo kills :D.

So game is on a break for me. I got everything I can.

10 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

The bad ending has to be on a new save file for sure + It doesnt take too long. Even more cool that I confirm it right now as I'm watching the final cutscene with 1057 mudo kills :D.

So game is on a break for me. I got everything I can.

Confirmation, have u tried it via level select then killing 1000, then did 15 and it didnt unlock that way??? 

The only way to cross that route off is to do it. This is just confirmation that the NG way works, it doesnt confirm it's the only way and that there are not other ways to do it, like level select etc. To confirm that, we need to try the other ways! 

Or maybe Im getting ahead of myself and you have tried the other ways... if so I do apologise m8, I just wanna be sure as im trying to plan a platinum speedrun

Edited by Optinooby