PlayStation 4 User Impressions

Parker

As weeks have gone by I've come to hate the DS4 more and more. I mean it's cooler than the DS3 with the exception of that frickin touchpad. It's been the bane of my existence.

When I have played PS3 games if I need to pause I would easily move either thumb over to the respective left or right and easily press the large start or select button.

Now on the DS4 I try to reach over to the options button only to activate the touchpad. When I'm playing Warframe instead of pausing the gameplay my character uses a special dash/attack move activated by the touchpad which drains his power & usually puts me in harm's way of enemies who were just the moment before a fair distance away but now I'm on top of.

Grrrrrr.....

^hmmm...

Here's my insightful imagination of Literary Recluse playing a PS4 game with the DS4 controller:

He turns his controller to the left, he shifts his body to the right!

He yells at the TV screen "No, no, no not that way stupid game!!"

He turns controller to the rightish-left, places his left foot forward.

He yells again at the TV "Really?! I said go this way!"

Turns controller to the middle then pulls controller up like pulling up an airplane...

"Aaaaahh!!! My eyes!!"

Character on screen dies...

I love the DS4. First time I put Killzone: Shadow Fall on, it was later in the evening and I had my lights off and I was playing with the volume somewhat low. Then, I picked up a audiolog and this loud voice screams through my controller! :( lol

I have been enjoying the PS4 quite a lot. The PlayStation store still needs some additions (such as a list of stuff you have downloaded, in case you need to re-download games or DLC), and also some freaking media for games. But, all in all, it has been an amazing experience. :)