Conspiracy Theory

The_Mighty_Ducks

So I've been thinking.. 

Anyone else feel like the reason for the legacy store shut down is not only to make us buy a new console/games. But to cut off the free online services that the legacy consoles give?

It's costing money so they just want to press the reset button and start fresh with the PS4 and PS5. They want you paying them to play online. 

Like you can still buy physical games, but it will be limited due to not being able to buy games or dlc add ons. 

I'm sorry, I'm just pissed while I'm looking through the store trying to find what games I should buy before the closure.. 

I'll stay with PlayStation just cause of my Vita and PS3. But I've decided if I do get the newest console it's going to be the Xbox Series X. 

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks

2 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Anyone else feel like the reason for the legacy store shut down is not only to make us buy a new console/games. But to cut off the free online services that the legacy consoles give?

If someone has been hanging onto and playing and buying more content PS3 and Vita this long, they're not likely to just buy the newest console available just because they can't get new digital content.

This is merely the equivalent of cutting off Miltons paychecks by the Bobs to fix a payroll cost-saving problem, not some grand manipulation by masterminds that forces people to spend money they don't have. You're giving Sony way too much credit for thinking past their next snack.

Hanlons Razor applies here more than anything else.

19 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The more likely conspiracy for doing this is to boost PS Now sales and to move their legacy to that service instead of keeping the oldest store available to everyone.

Seems unlikely since they haven't added any PS3 titles for quite a while; they might just be done with PS3 (besides remasters) altogether.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Anyone else feel like the reason for the legacy store shut down is not only to make us buy a new console/games.

My thoughts, using broken English:

1 - It's really unprofitable to keep PS Stores alive for old consoles, so they just shutdown it for good. It's actually stupid because they don't announce what/how exactly they will focus on new gen consoles, because shutting down whole Store access without giving alternatives is beyond idiotic. If they would announce, like, you will be able to play PS3/Vita products on PS5 via emulation and gain access to PS3/Vita store from there, man, I wouldn't complain or be mad at all. I would just buy new PS5 and keep playing further.

2 - It's Microsoft spies messing around inside Sony company to make one of the biggest (one of three, lol) opponents to step back and let Microsoft sell more. Like they did with Nokia back in a days, sending spy and then realizing their dirty plans.

3 - As we all know, consoles are selling at price much lower than cost price (developing one unit costs more than it sells on market) and since there are not much of a PS5 games around, means even if they sell millions of PS5 units, they still need to cover development cost by selling even more games. So shutting down old PS Store not only let people focus on new PS5 console, but also will cover some manufacture spending.

Why, you ask??

The answer is surveillance.

The ps4 invented technology to record all conversations said in the vicinity. The ps5 model now has built-in video technology to record both voice and image. All that “information” is sent to spy agency headquarters around the world (yes, many, it’s a global movement).

The ps3 was actually developed by someone who was against big data surveillance. It’s rumoured that its electrical aura is the only antidote to the ps4/ps5 spy technology. Their hope is that we’ll throw them away by blocking us out from playing new games.

Don’t do it though, that’s just what they want.

35 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Seems unlikely since they haven't added any PS3 titles for quite a while; they might just be done with PS3 (besides remasters) altogether.

Well, keep in mind most conspiracies turn out not to be true. Haha. 

But I agree though, seems like Sony is just done with the PS3 in general and want to focus on their current products.

• Like 1

I mean... sure, I guess. :dunno:

I’d imagine that is a factor in the decision.

If true, that wouldn’t be a conspiracy though.

I mean, I work to make money, but I’d hardly say that not offering the same services for free is me engaging in a ‘conspiracy’ to make money from my clients....

It’s just business.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

They're shutting them down because of poor sales and they don't want to look after them. Meanwhile Microsoft and Steam allow you to freely play their old games on their newer systems, Xbox One and Xbox Series X give you that option.

PS Now, for what it's worth, is still not available in many countries, and is missing a lot of games. If Sony was intending to kill the old systems that support trophies to make us use PS Now, they are doing it wrong.

I couldn't care less if only one or two people out there care about some old ass game that released back in 2009 - 2010 on PSN for the PS3. There's going to be tons of digital content lost, which likely means the only real way to obtain that content is thru pirating.

Preservation is important, but according to Sony anything that came before the PS4 era was ushered in isn't worth having anymore.

I can buy games dating back to the late 1980s, early 1990s on Steam. That is history. That's 30 years ago. Jim Ryan is just doing what other scumbag corporate executives before him are doing. Sacrifice and kill off certain things to save money and earn more profit.

The capitalism we got going in this day and age is bad. Charging $10 more for new PS5 games which doesn't include DLC, so that's more money we have to shell out. I'm not rich. It's just putting salt in the wound after all the crap that's happened in the past year.

It looks bad for Sony when Microsoft is embracing their older games. If Microsoft found a way to get X360 games to work on newer systems, Sony could've done the same for PS3. A PS5 should be able to emulate the PS3. I played Ridge Racer 7 earlier today... give me that and keep your Gran Turismo 7. Newer games aren't always better just because they're made with the latest technology. Every generation has its gems. I would pay $60 for a RR7 remaster, or $70 if it included all the DLC.

Pirates are going to laugh at us because of Jim Ryan. Hopefully more than a few of these orphaned games can get ported to PC.

Cannot wait to start editing timestamps on my pirated games on ps3 and vita for fun of course.

I panicked bought dlc for castlevania los1,2,and i fully regret it now.because ill have to play 2 more games to finish with ps3.

And also whtas that bs concerning patches?

On 06/04/2021 at 7:52 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

It's costing money so they just want to press the reset button and start fresh with the PS4 and PS5. They want you paying them to play online. 

Play what online?all ps4 games i owned online has empty lobbies.all .I am playing 10 ps4 online games right now and just 1 has a few players..resident evil resistance and it came out last year.

Conspiracy part"

Also apparently Koalas in autralia started a motor bike gang selling meth and guns on the streets,and the only way to stop them is to close the ps vita/ps3 store.

Edited by Lapin2paq
Reason for edit