Cypher's NFS Undercover Online MP Roadmap and Tips

50 minutes ago, CypherNova139 said:

After years of boosting NFS Undercover's Online trophies I've found a few various tips over the years that aren't immediately obvious to new players that can help out the boosting experience, so here is a short guide and list of tips and tricks. This is a compilation of posts I've made around Discord over the years so apologies if same info is mentioned more than once.

Online Trophies Roadmap:

The list of trophies that require online play are as follows:

:CommunityMember: Community Member

:ActiveCommunityMember: Active Community Member

:First: First!

:CatandMouseVirus: Cat and Mouse Virus

:CrossingtheLine: Crossing the Line

:FirstofMany: First of Many

:Notorious: Notorious

:AmongTheBest: Among the Best

You should only need to concentrate on these 3 main trophies:
:FirstofMany: First of Many (Win a 8 player match) :AmongTheBest: Among the Best (Have 25 wins) :Notorious: Notorious (Play 119 matches)

On average once you have achieved Notorious
, you should have all the online trophies.

General Notes and FAQ
- There is NO match joining in progress and once there is enough players in lobby to start the match, it auto starts within 2 minutes.
To find a lobby please only search when current match players indicate to do so as they are waiting in lobby.  (The point at which a match can now be found is when the "You Win" / "You Lost!" / "You Tied!" scoreboard screen appears; and lobby locks 10 seconds before the map for the next match loads.)
- in the Lobby, Press Square to vote to "Race now". If a majority successfully votes the normal 2 minutes match start countdown is skipped to lobby locking processes at "T-" 18 seconds of countdown.
- The MP code (meh the whole game...) is buggy. If the screen is stuck on "Loading..." a player's PS3 has frozen and has locked the lobby from progressing into the match.The fix is the affected player must shutdown their PS3 and then rejoin next time the group is in the lobby..
Races:

- Races seem to require ALL players to finish for the match to count for anyone.
Cops and Robbers:

- ALL trophies count in Cops and Robbers game mode even though a trophy clearly say "races" in the description.
- In C&R wins count for the entire team. This is useful for mass boosting First of Many as an entire team can get the titular 8p win trophy at once, rather than 4 separate race wins.

- C&R teams are determined purely by lobby join order.
- Resetting Cops and Robbers Teams is helpful sometimes depending on randoms and where trophy earners are currently situated. Top 4 players in lobby = Team 1. Bottom 4 players = Team 2. If you need to move players from Team 1 to Team 2 just have the affected Team 1 player(s) reconnect to the lobby. If you need to move a player from Team 2 to Team 1... all of Team 2 will need to reconnect.

Q. Do Ties count as Wins?
A.   As I see it, NO. However in nearly every session I've held this has been very much debated. I've personally seen ties not count; however other boosters report that their ties counted. To be sure make sure to win.

Q. Can I check how many wins and matches completed?
A.   There is profile stats but it is buggy and likely won't display the correct stats. Please don't rely on or announce said stats in your boosting session as you will only cause confusion. Those who finish Notorious (119 matches complete) usually see "500+" matches complete in their profile stats. The trophy counter does track properly and Notorious unlocks after match #119 / Among the Best unlocks after win #25.
 If playing C&R the entire time, Notorious will take 18 hours.

Q. Can I idle?
A.  The game has no idle kick function. However, you can only safely completely idle in Cops and Robbers, Races may not count if there is a DNF.

Favorite Strategy:

All Multiplayer trophies are obtainable in Cops and Robbers mode (C&R) even though some of the trophy descriptions state "races".
C&R matches operates on a timer so no one has to actually compete in the match as the match will end on its own after 6 or so minutes. 4 players are required to start a C&R match.  In C&R wins count for the entire team!
 While it takes longer than races, idle on a Cops and Robbers match and let the matches and wins come to you :smile:
Remember each C&R match consist of 2 rounds, so don't confuse a round win with a match win. It only matters who wins the match.
Note that Notorious when done start to finish via C&R matches takes 18 hours (about 9.5 minutes per match+lobby wait time)

Now if idling in C&R for hours is not your thing races work just as well and is faster to complete than C&R (~4-5 minutes a race+lobby time), just all players must finish the race to ensure the finish counted.

Also, keep an eye on your the status of each of your boosters.
Some ISPs have been more unstable at this game than others: some boosters have been able to stay for only a handful of matches before disconnecting, others make it through a entire session idling without issue, others still have their PS3s reliably crash after a hour or two which holds up the session until they turn off their PS3 or finally get dropped.

Other Trophy Notes:

First of Many:
 You might notice the description says win an "Event" with 8 players, not a race. The trophy is doable in Races (obviously you'll need to win the race) and Cops and Robbers.
You can get the trophy in C&R mode or a race, but in C&R the entire winning team gets the trophy, useful when many session players need the trophy.

Cat and Mouse Virus:
 Yes, this is a viral trophy. All you need is someone with the trophy to hit you in a C&R match! Nearly everyone who still plays online has this trophy, but if you can't find anyone I'm sure this fine forum has kind souls that can hop on and help. Remember though you need 4 players to start a C&R match.

Active Community Member:
 The description might sound like you needed to be online during the game's heyday and have attended a special "Community Day" event.
Don't fret!! Every day is a "Community Day" now as EA patched the servers; this trophy will unlock after completing your first MP event.

Among the Best:
 Certain languages translation (if I remember right it was Spanish or Portugese) have stated "equal races" in the trophy description. This is a mistranslation. For a match to count for this trophy the player count and/or team size or inequality (meaning 2v3, 3v4, etc) does not matter, only who wins the race (Races) or which team wins the match (Cops and Robbers).

Notorious:
The trophy description says "Finish 119 races". The trophy does count matches played in Cops and Robbers. Races are NOT required.

Freeze! Hold it right there!

One of the first incarnations of a photo mode trophy on PSN, this is technically a online trophy but is all up to you to complete it and said mode is inaccessible during online play. Asking for this trophy to be done in a boosting session might provide you with some weird looks from the other boosters.
The trophy just requires you to use photo mode in single player, press Start, Photo Mode, take a photo. You won't be able to access your uploaded photo nor does the photo save to the PS3, but the upload still works and you should get the trophy.

Thank you for this excellent write up. This is in my backlog and I was trying to think of a good way to approach this. I have multiple consoles and copies (4) just not enough to get the 8 player trophy alone. 

Hi thanks for this.

I am playing the game and just one question.

My stats are staying at zero. I played a few campaign races and played online with a partner to boost but after playing about 50 private races I checked and i see all my stats are saying zero everywhere.There was a site you could check you stats but the site is not here anymore.

I just need 25 ranked wins and 119 race trophy but with the stats at zero everytime am i just playing for nothing?
Should i delete all my data and try again ?

1 hour ago, Lapin2paq said:

Hi thanks for this.

I am playing the game and just one question.

My stats are staying at zero. I played a few campaign races and played online with a partner to boost but after playing about 50 private races I checked and i see all my stats are saying zero everywhere. ....
Should i delete all my data and try again ?

As I said these profile stats as shown are really buggy and please do not rely on those stats. you got 69 races to go.

1 hour ago, greenkaos1226 said:

Thank you for this excellent write up. ... I have multiple consoles and copies (4) ...

if you have four systems & copies of the game you are pretty dedicated for a crappy MP lol. although I can one up you and say I have 7 consoles with the game lol. If you need extras let me know.

Also could you not quote a huge OP just to say thanks? Idk why but huge quotes for a comment drive me nuts.

• 1 month later...