Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

What kind of games do the people on PSNProfiles prefer to play with their precious time?

I'm a huge fan of racing games. I've been hooked ever since I played the demo of Gran Turismo for the PlayStation. I remember it coming on a disc with a Pizza Hut pizza (along with a demo for Metal Gear Solid) and after playing it I knew I had to have it. I picked it up the first day it released in America and have picked every Gran Turismo since on their release day.

I'm also a big fan of PC racing simulations (GT Legends being my favorite, but anything SImBin makes I like) but I prefer Gran Turismo over any other game out there. I use a wheel with my racing games (currently a Logitech G27, with a Thrustmaster T500RS on the way) and it makes the experience so much more realistic. GT5 feels like two completely different games when played with a DualShock 3 compared to a racing wheel. If there are any other racing fans here, you owe it to yourself to purchase a wheel. Even a cheaper Logitech DFGT will make a world of difference.

I'm also a huge fan of RPG, FPS, and Platformers. Hell, I'm a fan of games in general, and I'm pretty easy to please. If you look at my trophy list (which is pathetic compared to most on here, but I game for the fun, not for trophies) you'll see I have just about every genre covered. B)

So, what do you guy's like?

Parker

• Like 2

Stealth and co-op for me. And dare I say co-op stealth? As for the stealth games, they have got to have an involving story. Aside from that, I love sneaking around and remain undetected while completing, say, a mission. (Yep, Metal Gear) We need more games in this genre. That Rush N' Attack: Ex Patriot game is pretty good, (and I hate sidescrollers) I just wish it had a little bigger of a budget so it could have a good story with some voice work.

As for co-op, it doesn't really matter. Some of the most fun I've had playing games was playing Lost Planet 2 co-op with a buddy online. We had no fucking clue what was going on in the story, but it was fun to run around and shoot stuff, all the while laughing it up over the mic. I remember RE5, after I platted that game I must of ran through it four or five more times with people just dicking around, doing things like only using the bow or handguns, etc.

I'm pretty big on Action/Adventure games like Uncharted, and I also enjoy some open-world sandbox games like inFamous, Assassin's Creed, etc. I like a few RPGs (most notably Demon's Souls) but I don't like anything that is too HARDCORE (Bounce) RPG. Basically, I'll play any genre as long as I have fun with the gameplay.

I don't really stick to one game genre really i play a wide variety of games from rpg to music to fps, if this was worded differently you would get different answers from me, for example my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7 which is an RPG, Games i play on the most and best at? FPSs spent loads more time on this genre than anything else, so its pretty hard to say what genre i really like the most, it would have to be either FPS, RPG or sports

• 2 weeks later...

First Person Shooters are the devil in my life, i cant do them unless it's on an easy setting and it's offline now RPG's and Action Adventure games are what games i like the most something that has a great story that i can get my teeth into