Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

• 5 months later...

I haven't played that many games but I think I've covered all genres apart from FPS, music and sport genres. My favourite genres are Action/Adventure, RPG, Sandbox, Hack N' Slash and Platformer in no particular order. It's difficult to give a clear answer as some of the AAA games released today could be categorised under several genres.

Racing games are my top choice. Flight games (Helo or plane) come in a close second. After that, I'll try anything once. There isn't a genre that turns my stomach...hell, I've even given those Dance Dance games a go...and that's more entertaining for those watching than those playing. When I break out the dance mats for the PS2...the kitty goes a runnin'.

• Like 2

/\ LOL when the WII is out in this house it looks like there's a hippo watering hole in our living room.

Hmmm its not a Genre as such but my favorite type of game would have to be open world or sandbox/Nonlinear.

Not really sure what you'd class that as.... Games like Just Cause, GTA's & Assassins Creed etc

I like games where there's lots to look at and explore, collectibles, impressive graphics etc.

Massive Assassins Creed Franchise Fan !!!

Then I'd have to say FPS. Love it when you get a decant competitive, team work focused game but I'm yet to play anything FPS wise on the PS3. Must break out the Bad Company's at some point.

• Like 1

- Stealth (Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Hitman)

- Survival Horror (Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, The Suffering, Clock Tower, Dead Space)

- Old School Adventure/Side Scroller (The Legend of Mystical Ninja, Super Metroid, Contra III, X-Kaliber 2097)

- FPS (Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, Battlefield 3, Bioshock, Metroid Prime)

- Music (Rock Band 3, The Beatles Rock Band)

Hack and slash for me. They're my favorite hands down. I've really gotten into shooters this generation and they've moved into the second place. I used to prefer third person perspective, but now it doesn't matter. I can get into some rpgs, platformer, an occasional racing or even combinations of all the genres I've already mentioned. The only games I don't really care for are fighting and sports games.

Is it a pre-requesite that the game must crash for you to like it? D:

Ouch.. :)

Anything immersive for me, though it's not a Genre. Typically RPGs but the Uncharted Stories really drew me in as well. I also enjoy Strategy

1. RPG

2. SRPG

3. Action/Adventure/Platform (Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank)