Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Top tier (best of the best)

2D Platforming

Beat em up/Hack n slash (I guess they're kinda the same, huh?)

Action adventure

Middle Tier (still great, just not the best)

JRPG

Open world games/WRPG

Point n clink/Adventure

RTS (this would be higher, but I don't really care for non-Command and Conquer/Classic Warcraft RTS games)

Bottom Tier (Do not want)

FPS

Sports

Fighting

Rhythm (although the Yakuza karaoke sessions were tolerable)

Edited by gamerm1337

I avoid FPS and sports games at all costs (Sport Champions is an exception though).

My favorite genre is RPG, and I end up playing almost any kind of RPG (even those that are mainly first person, like Deus Ex and Fallout).

I do also like racing (more on the sim side, but if it's fun, then I will play anything, still I have been staying away from NFS since MW, Carbon was just that bad, and nothing after that convinced me to go back to the seires). I also like fighters, mainly Tekken, but I also play BlazBlue, Street Fighter and Soul Calibur (need to get the last game of each of those series lol), as well as puzzle games.

But then, most of the games in my list are action/adventure, Sandbox or hack and slash, mainly because they are a bit less time consuming as the RPGs or Racers, making me finishing them more quickly, but also because I also like the genre, mainly sandbox stealth/shooter (like AC, inFamous, GTA), but then some of those things are also found on some more action oriented RPGs, like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol or Dark/Demon's Souls.

• 7 months later...

Definitely Survival Horror. Seems like the genre is dying off a bit now, nowhere near as many genuinely good scary games this gen.

Not sure that it fits the description, but looking forward to Deadly Premonition which comes out soon, looks crazy :D