Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

Action-Adventure games, a pretty broad and diverse genre, but its fitting for me as i try to enjoy all sorts of games from third-person shooters to stealth, hack and slash, and open-world sandboxes. 

Edited by rb8gem9

Well, as many gamers I started playing asteroids, pacman and the classic Platformer SM Bros, so i think that i was educated to like that genre (platform), but looking for myself I've found great enjoyment in action/adventure, specifically POP: SOT, GOWar, Batman Arkham series.

Funny thing is, my longest play time till today has been with Diablo 2, a whole day from dawn to midnight almost nonstop. Due that i'm not really into RPG, you need to invest a loooot of time, but more that that, i dislike to spend 30 min or more to beat a boss, or (in other kind of RPG) wait for my turn.

Anyway my list would be: Action/adventure, Platformers, and games that not being strictly action/adventure (type godofwar) smell like that (Uncharted (TPS), Sleeping dogs (sandbox) Amalur (action RPG))

Edited by GoldenShaka

RPG would be number one and by far for me. I love retro style games. Brings me back to my childhood where I beat Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda I and II, Dragon Warrior I, II and III (now Dragon Quest) without even knowing a single word in english (I'm from Quebec so my mother toungue is french).

Then came some masterpieces with the arrival of the SNES; Final Fintasy IV and VI (which were then refered as II and III in america... I wasn't even aware of the existence of the 3 others. No internet back then), Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire serie, Secret of Mana, Lufia and many, many more.

I also like to play Platformers, RTS, Fighting, Racing, Music games, Sports games... well I would say about anything except FPS. I know those are probably the most popular, but I never really got into it. Played Golden Eye on the N64, and I liked it back then, but never really came back on that type of games.