Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

I think that (like music) my taste in games has expanded a lot, and now I'm beggining to like every category.

Almost every game I have bought is fantastic (I'm proud of my game collection) and there are various genres mixed in there.

There's Action Adventure (Uncharted, Tomb Raider), Hack N Slash (God Of War), Simulators (PES, Gran Turismo 5) RPGs (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy)...

I'd have to choose RPGs as my all-time favorite genre, because I am fascinated by the idea of defeating monsters to gain exp to level up your characters (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is perhaps my favorite game in terms of character customization). Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, XIII-2, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, 358/2Days are high on the list of my favorite games of all time.

I have to admit, I have had more fun playing Uncharted 2 and 3 and the God Of War trilogy than many other RPGs, but their genre aren't really what I'm excited for in a game.

Platformers! I play them a lot and I really like them. Both 2D and 3D ones.

Also, rhythm games! I love rhythm games, there's just something about pressing buttons to music that's really fun.

I'd say I "like" most genres though, as in I enjoy playing games in that genre (with the exception of a few genres I just don't enjoy playing), but those two are my favorites.

Edited by Zanreo

• 4 months later...

If you ask me, nothing beats a truly great RPG, but i find those to be hard to come by, esspecially on console. One genre we do have more than enough of is the platformer and it rarely ever disappoints me.

For least favorite games, i'd have to go with racing games, just never enjoyed those too much though i can see why others love them.

I love my 2d beat em ups, When online with the PS3 Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition is number 1 with me. 

Capcoms pinnacle beat em up franchise reached the very top with Third Strike and to date is still the best game I have played in the series, you can keep your Street Fighter IV

JRPGs are the best in my opinion 

( Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona) I do love rpgs like The Witcher, Dragon age.

Fighting games, Survival Horror :) Stealth and Hack and Slash

action/adventure like tomb raider, uncharted. 

I just don't like sports at all :( and FPS MP. I do play some Fps but I try to avoid then, gives me headache 

Edited by Mah2c