Cant access dlc content

fvecchio

I bought ps4 disc version and the year one upgrade. Using my secondary account, im able to play all dlc content when using the ps4 version, for ps5 theres no way to access the same dlc content. Already restored licenses, re-installed the game, but no success. Any tips?

Edited by fvecchio

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve encountered the same issue but considering that I’ve read an another thread (with the moderator and other users being really unhelpful) about this, with some other people reporting this same issue, I’m afraid you will either have to repurchase the additional content on the account you want to play the game and earn the trophies on (since it may have been deliberately set that way by Codemasters) or wait for Codemasters to fix the issue.

I’m trying to reinstall the game at the moment (can’t hurt to try), and I’ll see how it goes.

I’ve also sent an email to Codemasters to ask about this, but I guess they will respond the same.

Edited by latest-purr1

Well, tried reinstalling, didn’t work at all. I have written to Codemasters about this so I’ll post their response here as soon as they reply.

However, I’m afraid my suspicions turned out to be true: You will have to repurchase the content on the account you are earning trophies on. Or in case if the disc isn’t from the region of the account, you will have to repurchase the Year One version with the base game for this specific account.

Update:
I can’t access the content offline even on the base account (I have turned off the internet connection on the console), so there’s that as well.

It either might be a bug, or a deliberate decision, but for now the outcome is the same.

Edited by latest-purr1

I sent an email to them, the answers are about to rebuild ps database / etc (doesnt work either). Im able to play dlc content on my secondary account (ps4 edition), but not for ps5 edition. I was wondering if it was a ps license issue, but does not appears to be it. I'll wait for a future codemaster update.

But good to know that is not only with me (maybe a fix will be delivered ahead).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fvecchio said:

I was wondering if it was a ps license issue, but does not appears to be it. I'll wait for a future codemaster update.

But good to know that is not only with me (maybe a fix will be delivered ahead).

We can be only hopeful this time. We can only hope Codemasters will make the add-ons playable even without the Internet connection, which could probably also enable game sharing between the users. I’ve tried to work around this issue (by having two accounts simultaneously logged in and by switching users in the intro screen) but even then it won’t enable access to the content…

3 hours ago, barra333 said:

I'm having the same problem. Bought year 1 edition on CA account and can see the DLC there, but can't get at the DLC on my main AU account. If it is a bug, I hope it is fixed. If it is a deliberate decision, fuck you Codemasters. 

For now the Codemasters Customer Service support says it’s a bug and that they’re ‘working on bugs that can be found by testers.’

However, if more people report this problem, there’s a higher chance it’ll get a fix sooner.

Also, try disconnecting your PS5 from the Internet (either physically or from the Network menu) and see if you can access the add-ons even from the Canadian account (account where you bought the pack from). This problem might be related.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, latest-purr1 said:

I’ve encountered the same issue but considering that I’ve read an another thread (with the moderator and other users being really unhelpful) about this, with some other people reporting this same issue, I’m afraid you will either have to repurchase the additional content on the account you want to play the game and earn the trophies on (since it may have been deliberately set that way by Codemasters) or wait for Codemasters to fix the issue.

I’m trying to reinstall the game at the moment (can’t hurt to try), and I’ll see how it goes.

I’ve also sent an email to Codemasters to ask about this, but I guess they will respond the same.

Have you been able to play DLC for other games not bought with the account you are playing on?

Apologies for the triple post, but I got a response from one of the community managers....

"On PS5, DLC does not currently carry over to multiple accounts - it will only be available on the account it was purchased on. We've discussed this previously and looked into a solution, but currently this isn't doable. If the situation changes I'll be sure to let folks know in patch notes and general updates."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, barra333 said:

Have you been able to play DLC for other games not bought with the account you are playing on?

I don’t have any other PS5 games with DLC to test this on. However, Destiny 2 on PS5 has DLC that is game shareable.

4 hours ago, barra333 said:

"On PS5, DLC does not currently carry over to multiple accounts - it will only be available on the account it was purchased on. We've discussed this previously and looked into a solution, but currently this isn't doable. If the situation changes I'll be sure to let folks know in patch notes and general updates."

So, a deliberate decision then. Oh well, I should’ve known better. Thanks anyway. (“If the situation changes…” Spoiler alert: It won’t, ever.)

Edited by latest-purr1

On 11/05/2021 at 4:52 PM, barra333 said:

That’s quite interesting, because when you look at the legal disclaimer in the store page of one of the add-ons, you can read the following:

You can download and play this content on the

main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account.

That means the DLC is meant to be game-shareable and in fact, you might be able to ask for refund because of that (faulty content). That being said, I see no incentive for Codemasters to fix this unless Sony Entertainment threatens them enough for them to do so.

Edited by latest-purr1

• 2 months later...

Tomorrow (July 20), a new major update and an additional content pack is supposed to be released to the public.

I wonder whether they have finally fixed the issue or will just fixed it the same way they fixed the glitched Micromachines trophy (did nothing about it).

Edited by latest-purr1

I wouldn't hold your breath. I managed to have a chat over PM with a different community manager, contacted via a different channel:

"Are you trying to use the DLC purchased with your Canadian account, on your Australian account?
I've been told (just now, since I asked) that it's a limitation of Sony's store itself, and not the game necessarily. In other words, on PS5 only an account that buys DLC has the license file to use it. You'll probably experience similar in other PS5 games if you try using a different account."

and with reference to the fine print:

"Looking at the store text again, it's referring to how you play the content offline. Either way, you need to be logged into the account that buys the content in order to play it."

I don't have any PS5 games with DLC right now, so I can't check other-account availability to verify what the guy said. 

34 minutes ago, barra333 said:

"Looking at the store text again, it's referring to how you play the content offline. Either way, you need to be logged into the account that buys the content in order to play it."

Except that doesn’t work either, since it will kick you out of DLC if you disconnect from the internet. At this point, they’re just talking whatever to defend their incompetence over fixing this issue, since it’s convenient for them to force the consumer to pay twice for the same DLC and/or game.

34 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Isn’t it interesting this guy was able to game-share PS5 version of Destiny 2: Beyond Light with his girlfriend?

I had the issue after upgrading to the PS5-Version that my Girlfriend couldn‘t play beyond light when playing the PS5-Version.

I could fix it by logging in to the main account on her PS5 (the one that is sharing the games). After searching the store for „beyond light“ I had the option „add to library“. After adding it I received a mail as of I purchased it. After that she could play all beyond light content again.

I had to do the same for all DLCs btw.

Edited by latest-purr1

12 minutes ago, latest-purr1 said:

Except that doesn’t work either, since it will kick you out of DLC if you disconnect from the internet. At this point, they’re just talking whatever to defend their incompetence over fixing this issue, since it’s convenient for them to force the consumer to pay twice for the same DLC and/or game.

Yeah, I did disagree with him on that point, but never got another response back. This was my counter: With regard to the store text, why would it reference console sharing if the content is locked to the account that made the purchase. Console sharing is so that an account on a console can share games, no?

On 19/07/2021 at 5:07 PM, barra333 said:

I don't have any PS5 games with DLC right now, so I can't check other-account availability to verify what the guy said. 

I have the problem described in this thread with Dirt 5. I haven’t tried installing the PS4 version of Dirt 5 and see if can access the DLC that way. 

But: I have SnowRunner (PS4) and can access all DLC content on my PS5 with my main account (British), although I bought it on my German account. 
The same is true for the PS5 version of AC Valhalla, which I bought on PS4 with the season pass and then got the free next gen upgrade for. 

I really don’t understand why this doesn’t work for Dirt 5. The game is fun, but I’m not paying twice for the DLC. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 5:43 PM, LifeInTheFactory said:

I haven’t tried installing the PS4 version of Dirt 5 and see if can access the DLC that way. 

You will be able to. You won’t be able to access it on the PS5 version only.

On 20/07/2021 at 5:43 PM, LifeInTheFactory said:

The game is fun, but I’m not paying twice for the DLC. 

Then unfortunately, as of now, the 100% for the PS5 version will be unobtainable for you unless you repurchase the packs and/or the pass in the future. Maybe you can write to PlayStation Support about it to pressure them to change their greedy ways.

Update: It’s possible to 100% by playing the PS4 version and transferring the save data to the PS5 version.

Edited by latest-purr1