Cant access dlc content

fvecchio

Just now, latest-purr1 said:

If they can access the DLC store page within the game then all they’d need is to purchase the DLC or the pass.

I guess if they are on the disc version, that might work. I have a digital edition from the Canadian store - I get an error if I try and use any of the in game store links from my Australian account. 

Anyway, if anyone was wondering whether they’ve fixed it in the 5.00 update that was released, or if the new DLC pack is game-shareable: Of course it is not. It wouldn’t be Codemasters if they didn’t demand that every user has to pay for their DLC.

Update: Trophies can be unlocked by data transfer.

On 20/07/2021 at 7:52 PM, barra333 said:

I guess if they are on the disc version, that might work. I have a digital edition from the Canadian store - I get an error if I try and use any of the in game store links from my Australian account. 

It all has to do with the account/disc region. (Title ID to be specific.) In their case, Britain and Germany are in the same region so it should open the store page as normal.

Because you have an Australian account, you’d have to get a copy of the game with the Title ID of PPSA01551, whether disc or digital.

In some countries, the game and DLC is not available at all, making 100% for them completely unobtainable.

Edited by latest-purr1
Added clarification

Good news everyone! The new 5.00 update has added a new save transfer feature, which also automatically unlocks trophies, including DLC ones. Since DLC sharing works on the PS4 version, this will let you unlock them on PS5 as well. I was alerted of this by someone in the messages, and it’s unfortunate it’s been only reduced to a footnote in the release notes.

Save transfer/auto-pop works from PS4 to PS5 only.

Edited by latest-purr1

16 minutes ago, fvecchio said:

Nice, but some trophies related do miles and specific cars didnt pop

Ouch, that doesn’t sound great and you’re not the first person to report this. I hope Codemasters will be more competent enough to fix this bug though since they bothered to add a save transfer feature.

There’s a chance they’ve just messed up the logic and they demand a car to be driven exactly 30 miles (or 48 280.3 metres since that’s what they store in the save file)

Edited by latest-purr1

On 23/07/2021 at 0:24 AM, fvecchio said:

Nice, but some trophies related do miles and specific cars didnt pop

Right now, the only workaround I can think of in this case is to play Playground levels that use DLC cars. It should unlock the trophy right after crossing the finish line. If that doesn’t work, then it’s possible you might have to delete the save data and redo it again.

Update for anyone reading this: It won’t unlock after save transfer, even with the latest patch (5.02), but will after completing any Playground level with that car. No need to delete save data.

Edited by latest-purr1
Future update.

• 11 months later...
33 minutes ago, mataningo said:

So the solution (for those who bought the game and wants 100% completion in a different account like me) is to avoid the PS5 version and play the PS4 version only?

I had multiple DLC trophies glitch out for me, like 3 starring all events and driving 30 miles in new cars. All I had to do to pop them was replay one event in the original campaign.

I was just about to play the ps5 version on my secondary account and then discovered this thread.

So I need to play ps4 version first and then transfer save to ps5. Autopop should unlock most trophies and play some original content for the remaining locked ones on ps5. Am I correct?

On 19.7.2022 at 0:09 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

I had multiple DLC trophies glitch out for me, like 3 starring all events and driving 30 miles in new cars. All I had to do to pop them was replay one event in the original campaign.

It sound like a game to avoid. I had planning on playing this for a long time, especially on the PS5, but the uncertainty of the DLC's content availability on a different account are really disappointed me.