(False) server shutdown

So, as shown by the following article on the Ubisoft Support website, this game and several other legacy Ubisoft games would apparently have their servers shut down. I created this thread to warn people who may have been going after this plat, but after receiving reports from multiple players, it's now confirmed the servers were not shut down. However, I'd still suggest anyone who hasn't done so already to do the multiplayer trophies ASAP, since the game's pretty old, so it might go down at any moment. Probably also worth noting that, if you want to guarantee full series completion, you should make sure to go after other ACs with multiplayer, such as RevelationsIII and Black Flag, since they are in a similar situation.

SOURCE: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000064576

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
Servers are now confirmed to be up and running

50 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

So Revelations on PS3 shut down?

According to the article, that specific game will only be shut down for OnLive (Sony's old streaming platform, before PS Now came along). But still would appreciate if someone checked, and, if this is any sign, the shutdown for that will also probably happen soon.

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
A bit more detail, in case anyone cannot read the article for whatever reason

It would not surprise me if the servers for the Ubisoft games on PS3 get shut down shortly. The PS Store getting shut down is the first domino before all the PS3 servers gets shut down. From what I understood, the only thing that would be remaining is the trophy sync support.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

So, as shown by the following article on the Ubisoft Support website, this game and several other legacy Ubisoft games will have their servers shut down. Doesn't specify a date, and by the wording, sounds like it's been already shut down, but if not, I'd suggest anyone who still has the multiplayer trophies left to do them ASAP, especially since this plat's known to be quite grindy. If anyone can check to see if it's indeed down, would be much appreciated, and I'll update the thread to reflect that.

To be fair, kinda surprises me it lived for this long, considering it was a really dead MP. But still, I know many were trying to get this plat, so it sucks nonetheless. Probably also worth noting that, if you want full series completion, you should make sure to go after other ACs with multiplayer, such as RevelationsIII and Black Flag too, since it wouldn't surprise me if these were also removed soon.

SOURCE: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000064576

UPDATE #1: Just noticed this was already being discussed a few hours ago in the Server Shutdowns thread. Still, nobody created a separate thread for it, so I figure I'll keep this. But if mods feel it's unnecessary, feel free to close.

This is the thread where they have always announced shutdowns ahead of time: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

I would say if it's not on that link, I wouldn't trust other sources.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Honestly I would take that page with a grain of salt, it seems that even though they say things are shut down, they actually might not be.

See: Call of Juarez and HAWK

Yeah, I noticed they mention things like EndWar being shut down when it has already been for a long time as of now, but I still felt that it was worthwhile to post here. Nonetheless, I have edited the main post to note that, because I know most people don't read the comments, LOL.

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
Slight grammar change

Just started the game and it doesn't find any matches or players. :(
Not sure, how active it really was recently, but just choosing to join anything usually brought you into some match, from what I remember.

Don't they usually give a heads-up a few weeks earlier? Or it was some hidden-ass-URL that no one really found

41 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This is the thread where they have always announced shutdowns ahead of time: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

I would say if it's not on that link, I wouldn't trust other sources.

Given it is an article by an Ubisoft site, I have decided to post it - if it was some random site (even if it happened to be right), I wouldn't. But again, since I know this forum too well, I updated the main post to take notice of that.

38 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

so weird there is no specific date !!!

Indeed. That's why I'm asking if someone with the game can check, since I only have the PS4 version, which has no multiplayer.

50 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

It would not surprise me if the servers for the Ubisoft games on PS3 get shut down shortly. The PS Store getting shut down is the first domino before all the PS3 servers gets shut down. From what I understood, the only thing that would be remaining is the trophy sync support.

It does say other platforms will be a part of that shutdown too, so I don't believe those two events are (necessarily) related. And yeah, I definitely don't want that discussion to happen again, LOL.

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

that sucks, glad i knocked out the online in all of the games. brotherhood was quite fun

I didn't get to play the MP, but the single-player is indeed really good. Shame, but it is what it is.

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
Slight grammar change
  • Like 1

First of all, it's Ubisoft we're talking about so never take what they say for certain. Secondly, RUSE and HAWX 1 or 2, appear to be shutdown on their list already, but it's not the case. They are still working and can be boosted. Thirdly, I'd take this as a way to finally motivate yourself to boost these games, as they did state shutdowns will be on PC, but it can change to PC/360/PS3 in a matter of seconds. I know I'm boosting the shit out of Hawx 1 and Far Cry 2 in the following weeks, just to be safe. 

38 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Not sure, how active it really was recently, but just choosing to join anything usually brought you into some match, from what I remember.

Don't they usually give a heads-up a few weeks earlier? Or it was some hidden-ass-URL that no one really found

Earliest mention I could find was about eight hours or so back, on the Server Shutdowns thread. It would indeed be really weird for them to shut a lot of servers down with no notice... but weird things happen all the time, as we've seen lately. :o

31 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

First of all, it's Ubisoft we're talking about so never take what they say for certain. Secondly, RUSE and HAWX 1 or 2, appear to be shutdown on their list already, but it's not the case. They are still working and can be boosted. Thirdly, I'd take this as a way to finally motivate yourself to boost these games, as they did state shutdowns will be on PC, but it can change to PC/360/PS3 in a matter of seconds. I know I'm boosting the shit out of Hawx 1 and Far Cry 2 in the following weeks, just to be safe. 

Yeah, I know FC2 will definitely be shut down on PC, which is a shame, since it probably means it's shutting down on other platforms soon, and that's another grindy game for multiplayer. Indeed, Ubi can be quite unreliable sometimes, but I imagine they wouldn't post this on an official site out of nowhere, so there has to, at least, be something planned. To be fair, though, if more people check and determine the servers are up and running as normal, I'll probably close the thread myself.

Edited by BRKs_Eagle
Slight grammar changes

22 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

It's hit or miss. Some days I couldn't find a match sitting around for an hour or two. Other days I was able to find matches fairly quickly. 

I'll hop on as well in a minute to check to see as well. 

The fact that it gets as far as checking matches tells me it's not shut down. You would have gotten a shut down message before getting to that screen if it were shut down.

26 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

The game still has a few hardcore players that usually play on weekends. 

It's better to just boost this game, it won't take that long.

39 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Most of Ubisoft's games use P2P connections, that's whey games like COJ, Ruse, and Hawx are still playable after shutdown. Avatar and Endwar appear to be the exception.

1 hour ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

According to the article, that specific game will only be shut down for OnLive (Sony's old streaming platform, before PS Now came along). But still would appreciate if someone checked, and, if this is any sign, the shutdown for that will also probably happen soon.

On Live is still around??

Just now, Lianco said:

On Live is still around??

No, but it seems as if the servers for some of its games are still up for some reason. It went defunct in 2015, with the advent of PS Now.

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I’m in and connected, just waiting for enough agents to start a game.

The server definitely isn’t shut down. 

Thanks for the help - wrote down that info on the main post. Will wait for a few more inputs, though, just in case.

5 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

No, this is a different announcement. Read the article to go into further detail.

I did, and if you check the list for the July 1 service closures they are all on the PC platform.

Your link in the OP referred to the link which is for services that have already been closed:

The online multiplayer services for the titles listed below have now been shut down.

17 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

I did, and if you check the list for the July 1 service closures they are all on the PC platform.

Your link in the OP referred to the link which is for services that have already been closed:

I think you misinterpreted it. Lemme see if I can explain better.

So, I know there is the post in the Ubisoft forums where they talk about upcoming and prior server shutdowns (Daiv linked it above). However, this is a new article people found on the Ubisoft Support site. It's definitely not an old article that went unnoticed, since it says, for example, that AC: Brotherhood would be closed (which is why I created this thread, since it's a pretty popular game with a grindy platinum - and I'm a big fan of the series, to boot).

The wording makes it sound like these games have been shut down right now, that is, without any notice. Whether that is true or not, we'll have to see.