Member Interviews: DoctorDrPepper

Dreggit

No idea how I missed the question thread, but oh well.

Nice to see some love for something as comparatively obscure as Ages/Seasons. The scope of their ambition, especially while still technically running on 10+ year old Game Boy power is still impressive some twenty years on. The Second Quest password mechanic really adds tons of surprise and replay value to an already stacked pair of games in a unique and underutilized fashion. I finally grew the guts to get all the rings a few years back; a lot more fun than you'd expect.

DKC is the absolute biz, do 'em every year if I find the time. Blazing Saddles is a masterpiece, and I last watched it not a week ago! Nice to see we have one WrestleMania match in common, at least.

• Like 1

Loved the interview! @DoctorDrPepper. Made me chuckle how many Dr. Pepper questions you got despite not being the biggest soda fan.

I'll have a small event I'm planning to do in May (not super creative like the ones you've mentioned, but interesting). A little bit more on the serious side, but maybe that's something to look forward to. ;)

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, I got shouted out in an interview! @DoctorDrPepper I'm so glad you enjoy my events. It's not always easy keeping them up to date, but knowing that at least one person out there is having fun with them makes it all worth it! Hope you enjoy the April Fools one, that didn't get as much traction but I loved writing it up.

Really interesting answers too. I'm always interested in seeing how many people love pro wrestling, and the number of Dr. Pepper questions you got was pretty funny. Good luck with your hunting! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dreggit said:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - I love lovecraftian horror stuff and no game has ever done it better than Eternal Darkness. The sanity meter stuff freaked me the hell out as kid playing this game alone at night. The bath tub scene is something I'll never forget.

Great interview and THIS!! Eternal Darkness is one of my favorite psychological horror games ever! Such an underrated game for Gamecube. Wish they would remaster this game for Switch or any other console for that matter, I know they had a kickstarter for a sequel/remaster or something like that years ago, but it never got off the ground unfortunately. I have fond memories of going over to my buddy's house back in my teenage years when it came out and taking turns playing that crazy ass game to completion. I almost threw a fuck'n shoe at dudes tv when those roaches would randomly start crawling across your screen as a sanity effect, ah good times lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@B1rvine for the Christmas Scavenger hunts for the last two years. The MOST fun I've had on this site. I'll take first one year dude.

Thanks for the mention.

I'll let you know the stakes for this year's holiday contest will be higher than ever. A PS5 will be the grand prize. One question in particular will be savage though.

• Like 1