Why the hell is my PS Now in French

LoveInHell

Finally started the free trial for PS Now but the PS3 game Fallout New Vegas is in French. I’m from Belgium, Dutch side. I’m kinda pissed off, is there a solution for this?

Edit: the solution doesn’t exist ? Here is what I tried:

I went out of my way to make a UK account cause I heard and read that accounts can share PS Now, same thing like sharing PS+. I made the account, paid €10 for a PS Now card (UK), then figured out that only downloadable games can be shared.

PS Now can be shared between accounts BUT you can’t share the streaming games UNLESS they’re same region accounts.

This was supposed to fix the language issue, it only works on downloadable games.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Is your PS Store in French or your console?

No, PS store is Belgium. My console system language is in English. I looked this issue up and PS Now gives you the language from your region. I know Belgium has 3 languages but my account CLEARLY says “Belgium (Dutch)”. I am not located in a French area. If they say “according to region” then they should give Dutch, French AND German.

What’s the point of using this service if some of the games are in a language I don’t understand AND THERE IS NO WAY to change it.

I thought PS Now was a great idea cause of the PS3 store closure but I can say goodbye to that idea.

Hm, I can't really help you, because I never used PS Now myself.

I noticed weird stuff lately as well. When I was in the PS store on PS4 a few days back, the advertisement from the Spring Sale was in Arabic, but my console is set to German.

Later it was in German again! :unsure:

A theory I have is the game you want to play! New Vegas was published like Skyrim by Bethesda. And New Vegas is older. Back in the day on PS3, I wanted to play Skyrim in English. But when I was setting the console language to English, the In-Game language was French. With my PS3-Version of Skyrim, I can only play in German, French or Italian. Maybe it's the same issue for New Vegas as well?

Edited by Kirilianov

You could try Sony customer services to see if they can change it....

....although, based on my personal experiences with them, if you were to start the customer service queue process, and start reading 'French for beginners' at the same time, it's a toss up as to which will happen first - you getting through to talk to an actual human, or you becoming a fluent french speaker....?

• Like 2

I looked this issue up and I find it so dumb how just because I’m in Belgium it keeps doing this. Belgium’s main languages are Dutch and French, now I have the same issue with Netflix: shows that only have French subtitles. I thought it would be different with Playstation because my account region is Belgium (Dutch). As there are two option to choose from: Dutch or French.

Now I tried other games and they were in English (Capcom Arcade Cabinet and Darkstalkers), Fallout 3 has a French and English version. Still, I find it dumb that my account is Belgium (Dutch) and it’s giving me French games. At least give BOTH versions then.

4 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yeah, Sony and some companies don't have the languages pinpointed out,  Call of Duty tends to give me spanish as a language, even though I'm italian,  which make the EE much harder.

It's better if you create a new UK/Duth account for your PSNow endeavors 

Yes, I’m about to make a UK account and just do it that way.

23 minutes ago, OpenScars said:

Gf's PS4 keeps changing to Arabic too...

That’s happening to me too.

Edited by LoveInHell

Sony = Incompetent

In the Swedish Store many game discriptions are in Swahili. I've also seen text in Russian on the Store.

Haven't tried PSNow yet but I wouldn't be surprised if games were in German, Italian or French

because Sony (like many others) thinks Sweden and Switzerland are the same.

Pay more. Expect Less.

• Like 1

Doesn't Belgium have french recognized as one of the official languages? 

Could be the default setting is set to French as opposed to Dutch. 

Just like in Canada, if I were to create a new account, I get the option of choosing either English or French so check if that's the case here. Unfortunately if that's the root cause, I wouldn't know how to change it

Edited by PooPooBlast
Oops you can ignore my message. Didn't read your other replies and you seem to already know the problem
  • Like 1

Only instance for me was Grid 2 I downloaded when it had been on PS+.

German profile but my system language is English (US). However the game would only be in French. Changing system language to German so would the game be in German, too.

helloImD.png

On 07/04/2021 at 7:25 PM, HellcoreFire said:

Are you sure you're playing New Vegas and not 3? On the Flemish PSNow Fallout 3 has the English and the French version, while New Vegas is giving an error message saying it's not available right now.

Very certain. I saw that the Fallout 3 version has English, still PS Now is a mess in Belgium (as well as other streaming services).

On 07/04/2021 at 7:56 PM, mumik08 said:

I hope you're able to solve this problem and find a solution. Good luck!!!

I thought I had the solution but sadly no luck... ? I went out of my way to make a UK account cause I heard and read that accounts can share PS Now, same thing like sharing PS+. I made the account, paid €10 for a PS Now card (UK), then figured out that only downloadable games can be shared.

PS Now can be shared between accounts BUT you can’t share the streaming games UNLESS they’re same region accounts. 

So, I will not be using this service. Argh, gives me more reason to focus on my PS4 backlog I suppose. I just feel like I missed out on so many PS3 games, I’m afraid of physical copies being more expensive after the closure. Too bad.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Very certain. I saw that the Fallout 3 version has English, still PS Now is a mess in Belgium (as well as other streaming services).

I've had bad streaming experiences with particularly one game. Some have been smooth and some were a mixed bag. The biggest problem to me is once it starts counting down to close the game it still closes it even when the speed has already picked up again. But yeah internet wise Belgium really is a mess compared to other countries. I guess that's what you get with duopolies, I think.