Curse of the Dead gods is getting a Deadcells crossover!

iGGTheEnd

What, that is awesome!! I loooooooved Dead Cells and as you already know am currently enjoying CotDG (ty for the tips, helping immensely ?). This is very cool and I as well have been a huge fan of cameo-type appearances from other beloved games! I think that's partly why I enjoyed Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon so much, from all the hilarious references and such. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Dubz said:

What, that is awesome!! I loooooooved Dead Cells and as you already know am currently enjoying CotDG (ty for the tips, helping immensely 1f601.png). This is very cool and I as well have been a huge fan of cameo-type appearances from other beloved games! I think that's partly why I enjoyed Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon so much, from all the hilarious references and such. 

Ya Roguelikes seem to do a ton of crossovers, I hate running backwards has characters from Gungeon as well.

Also Dungreed had 2 Isaac weapons which I found funny and useless haha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya Roguelikes seem to do a ton of crossovers, I hate running backwards has characters from Gungeon as well.

Also Dungreed had 2 Isaac weapons which I found funny and useless haha.

Oh yeah, that's right! The useless tears but I kind of liked the Brimstone-type one; I think I got a pretty good run with that one! Definitely a trend it seems with this genre and I love it ? Keep em coming!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maitre said:

I'd rather they would let us deactivite some unlocked weapons instead. Its weird when you feel youre getting punished for unlocking stuff in a game ...

Yep, you would think the better stuff would get unlocked later on? I was lucky enough to have @iGGTheEnd warn me about this early on, so I only unlocked a few things fortunately.

Hello , soon an update ver 1.23.3.8

PS4 & PS5 pads connectivity:

Fixed most issues where PS4 & PS5 controllers weren't recognized by the game at launch or after being disconnecte

Playstation UI buttons:

Fixed an issue where the inputs in the HUD wouldn't display the proper buttons for Playstation controllers? 

Invulnerability / Omnipotence / Clairvoyance Achievements:

Fixed a bug where those 3 Achievements wouldn't unlock

Sincere Offerings:

Fixed a bug where you could pay with Corruption at Altars with your mouse when suffering this Curse

Gold stats:

Fixed a bug where the Gold record wasn't updated in the Selection menu

source : https://steamcommunity.com/games/1123770/announcements/detail/3047220089276945202

:)

Loving the update so far!! 

On 4/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, Maitre said:

Updated yesterday. Was mid run when i updated so it threw me off a bit. But i dig the new look.

Update history seemed to say we could finally ban some unlocked weapon ... cant wait to try it.

Yep, if you go into the Weapons tab in the main hall, you now have the option to banish any weapons you have unlocked. I am also digging the new looks for all the Relics! Looks like they've even added a few new ones, as well as a few new curses that I've found so far.

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:40 PM, SecondGenesis said:

The bombs are a game changer, love the new look of relics etc too

No offense, but.. I absolutely hate the bombs.. read this post before playing or starting the title and I expected bombs to be OP.. but imho they’re trash.. they’re my least liked weapon.. anyway.. Great game but I’m excited about the hades release.. can’t wait to compare the combat between this game and hades.. 

8 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

No offense, but.. I absolutely hate the bombs.. read this post before playing or starting the title and I expected bombs to be OP.. but imho they’re trash.. they’re my least liked weapon.. anyway.. Great game but I’m excited about the hades release.. can’t wait to compare the combat between this game and hades.. 

I cant wait for Hades on console either,  I think Curse of the Dead gods has better combat but Hades is just straight up more fun because of all the builds.  Hades is more button mash to win where COTDG's you have to take your time and play carefully like a souls game.  I hope so badly we get a Hades console announcement soon here.

16 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Depends what bombs you got I guess. With poison damage and relics to support that, they were OP for me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Depends what bombs you got I guess. With poison damage and relics to support that, they were OP for me

I’ve never managed to get a decent bomb build going - I can see how they might become awesome once enough relics align, but the specific way you need to play them - distance wise - is so unusual that I’ve never been able to really practice with them effectively at the lower level.

For me, the 2-hand heavies and whips are still my go-to - though I kind of feel like getting good with bombs might make some of the harder bosses easier to ‘no-damage’ for the codex

Edited by DrBloodmoney

On 6/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

I cant wait for Hades on console either,  I think Curse of the Dead gods has better combat but Hades is just straight up more fun because of all the builds.  Hades is more button mash to win where COTDG's you have to take your time and play carefully like a souls game.  I hope so badly we get a Hades console announcement soon here.

Im sure you saw but August 13.. source ps blog.. yeah man, cant wait for hades.. I like this game, CotDG, but its missing something.. another thing is its a bit grindy with the weapon altar upgrades.. im stuck on hard mode atm.. can make it to final boss of each of the first three on hard mode but I usually get destroyed by boss.. 

On 6/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I’ve never managed to get a decent bomb build going - I can see how they might become awesome once enough relics align, but the specific way you need to play them - distance wise - is so unusual that I’ve never been able to really practice with them effectively at the lower level.

For me, the 2-hand heavies and whips are still my go-to - though I kind of feel like getting good with bombs might make some of the harder bosses easier to ‘no-damage’ for the codex

two handed heavies all day.. love hammers and greatswords.. this is how I normally play RPGs and souls likes and rogue lites and games of this genre/nature.. always 2 handed build.. big boi build

• Like 1